New AD Jones takes over HC @ Kirbyville

rykerx144

27 minutes ago, Speedkills said:

I’ll put it to you this Bennett wouldn’t still be here had it not been for Jones coming last year. I’ll leave it there.

That's fine, but didn't Jones leave last year yet K'Ville still thought enough of Coach B to keep him around for this year? If they wanted to get rid of him last year after the season would seem like the time to do it.

I don't have enough interest in Kirbyville to continue this conversation, just think it's pretty damn unprofessional the way it was handled.

Good luck to all involved. 

26 minutes ago, Speedkills said:

I’m throwing the guys business out there but I’m sure if you really thought about it you could put it together 

There is no business to put out there.  Parents were mad because of this or that, the loudest mouths won out.  It is what it is.  But the truth is, Bennett is an exceptional coach who loves those kids.  He has had numerous opportunities to go elsewhere but has stayed for them.  Yes, he knew this was probably coming, but the timing was unprofessional.  The kids will be fine, because they have the heart for baseball.  PROUD of my husband and his accomplishments, his integrity, and his love for the game.  

This was going to happen this year so why not now.  The relationship between Jones and Bennett would not have survived the year.  I would rather this transaction take place now rather than middle of district or playoff.  I respect Bennett and his family and wish him well but it was time to go.  If you can not tell the Kirbyville posters do not want to turn this into a Bennett bashing thread and start throwing out all the reasons for the "this and thats".  Complaints were being brought about the condition of the baseball program before school board and administration staff well before Jones came into the picture.  There is alot of respect for Bennett and his family and I wish them all the best moving forward wherever he lands.   

7 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

This was going to happen this year so why not now.  The relationship between Jones and Bennett would not have survived the year.  I would rather this transaction take place now rather than middle of district or playoff.  I respect Bennett and his family and wish him well but it was time to go.  If you can not tell the Kirbyville posters do not want to turn this into a Bennett bashing thread and start throwing out all the reasons for the "this and thats".  Complaints were being brought about the condition of the baseball program before school board and administration staff well before Jones came into the picture.  There is alot of respect for Bennett and his family and I wish them all the best moving forward wherever he lands.   

Thank you.  We appreciate that.  

I know nothing of the situation in Kirbyville but I do know that Coach Bennett is passionate about baseball and the kids he coached.  I had the pleasure to coach against him for two years during my time in SETX.  Like most the only thing that gets me is the timing of it.  I believe the kids will be fine since Jones was there last year and he knows the game.  The issue Kirbyville will have is trying to hire another baseball coach if Jones does not keep the dual role of HFC/HBC.  I know Joubert does the double duties in Kountze with HFC/HBB so it can be done.  I just think Kirbyville will be hard pressed to get a quality coach after Jones is done with baseball knowing that he could be replaced mid season.  Coach Bennett I wish you the best of luck in the future!

56 minutes ago, Speedkills said:

No however to say he wasn’t he a contributor would be inaccurate 

anyone who would sign a contract at Kirbyville at this point  with their turmoil  Is CRAZY   and yes Jones had a chance to 1 up him -- remember this,  the table may turn the other way Karma its a bi*&^

embarrass a man and his family in the community they live in --- deserve whatever happens

5 minutes ago, Whoa said:

anyone who would sign a contract at Kirbyville at this point  with their turmoil  Is CRAZY   and yes Jones had a chance to 1 up him -- remember this,  the table may turn the other way Karma its a bi*&^

embarrass a man and his family in the community they live in --- deserve whatever happens

You have no clue what your talking about.

1 hour ago, Speedkills said:

I don't think anybody has concluded that Coach Jones didn't have some part in the Wildcat's success.  By the same token, to dismiss the contributions of the man who was the head baseball coach would be equally disingenuous.

I don't doubt the ability of Coach Jones to lead the Wildcats this season.  His resume is sure to push away any doubts about that.  Heck, I was somewhat giddy that he was primed to lead by beloved Mustangs this year.  But when opportunity knocks, you have to answer and I wish Coach Jones, who was for a short time part of the Mustang family, well in all of his endeavors at Kirbyville.

I really don't have a problem with Coach Jones replacing Coach Bennett.  I have heard that there were complaints about Coach Bennett in Kirbyville and the lack of outcry from Kirbyville faithful leads me to believe that there is some validity to that claim.  Usually, winning takes care of such complaints, but I guess that is not always the case.  But if there were indeed problems with the baseball program, it is incumbent upon Coach Jones to address those problems in whatever terms he deemed necessary.  It is what athletic directors all over the state do on a regular basis.

Now, I apologize to Kirbyville folks because what I am about to say is probably gonna get them pretty hot at me, but here goes.  Kirbyville folks have to realize that a coach, regardless of where that coach was, being replaced one game into the baseball season without some obvious evidence of misconduct would raise eyebrows in the SETX community.  The fact that the coach being replaced was one game from having his team in the 3A state tournament the previous season, only to be denied by the eventual state champ, would raise them even higher.  The fact that the accomplished coach being replaced one day into the season was done so in a school district that in the last year has had: 1) the hiring of a Superintendent who is STILL currently suing to quash a freedom of information request for documents which purport to shed light on his departure from his previous school district; 2) the sudden and still unexplained departure of a previous athletic director for an assistant coaching position at a smaller neighboring school; 3) a subsequent hire of an athletic director which dissatisfied everybody, including evidently the newly hired AD who resigned less than a year into his tenure and 4) the suicide of a beloved high school principal when the purpose of the last meeting with the aforementioned superintendent was initially concealed and only revealed after intense media scrutiny, you are gonna face a lot of questions about such a dismissal.

That being said, I hope the Kirbyville baseball team has another outstanding season. For if any community needs some brightness to come their way, it is certainly Kirbyville.  It was fun covering their run last year and I, for one, look forward to it being repeated.

But I also wish Jeff Bennett and his family well.  I have not had a whole lot of contact with him, but the little I have indicates that he was a stand up caring guy who will make some school in this area very glad they added him as their head coach.

3 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

Well put Ryker

1 hour ago, Speedkills said:

Or maybe it is absolutely accurate. Maybe Jones Came in last year. Joined the staff as the JV coach and felt chided that he was not used as anything more than that. Maybe he felt like He should have been consulted more on the decisions that were made by Bennett. Maybe they made it all the way to the regional finals with very little input from Coach Jones at all. This causing a major rift between Bennett and Jones. Then this year after Jones gets hired as AD/HD FB coach he decides(along with some in the community) to put Bennett in his place if you will, by reassigning him and taking over because they didn't get along, and he believes he could have done a better job. Maybe just maybe it could have played out just like that, or maybe it didn't who knows? I have seen Coach Jones coach and there is no doubt he is a good one. One of the Best. I don't think him taking over is the issue. He will have the kids ready. The issue is Jones and the powers that be went about this the wrong way. Not that he or any of the concerned citizens of Kville care about that. But I do know that under Bennett's leadership Kirbyville went from a 3-24 record to one Game away from a State Championship in 6 years. The good ones are always going to piss a few people off along the way, Just ask Jones about his PG days, and as a coach you have to know when to move on. And it was probably that time for coach Bennett. That being said Bennett deserved a better exit. He earned a better exit than to be reassign in the middle of the season for no reason except some people did not like him or the way he ran his program. Good luck to you Coach Bennett you will land on your feet. And good luck Coach Jones and Wildcats go win it all Those Kids Deserve it.

To quote WOSgrad about his last four points, it's crazzy how Kirbyville in the past four years went from winning district championships in football, the huge rivalry with EC in football for four years, winning multiple District championships in baseball, getting second place in the 4x1 in the State Relays, COMPETING at all levels, being down against Rockdale early and instead of laying down started hitting them harder the more the game went on. Being ranked top in the state with the BADDEST band in the land so much tradition just seemed to be lost. Making a historic baseball run with your ace who pitched against Texas last night out the whole season leaving only two seniors and still making it as far as they did, while in the dugout before the game against CH even starts the whole team had to turn their phones off because of all the turmoil on social media over the Sup's situation their phones wouldn't stop going off. Thats what Kirbyville Athletics used to be about, you saw that Wildcat on that helmet or jersey and you thought oh S*** because you knew you were about to get it for 48 minutes or 7 innings win or lose. Kirbyville baseball won 6 extra inning baseball game last year 3 of them being in the playoffs that freaking heart right there. I hope to see the Kirbyville tradition return because it sucks seeing HF hold their beer. 

Good post Todd and I dont think that will upset any Kirbyville person because we know its true. You didnt say anything we dont know and think about everyday.  

The fall of Kirbyville and all the stuff yall have listed above can be traced back and correlated with one date.  The day they hired Wallis as Superintendent this districts tradition, winning and ethics started its decline. 

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:15 AM, Baseball05 said:

That's the think y'all don't understand about the guy. Jones doesn't concern himself with what looks good or what people think about him. He concerns himself with what is best for the kids and this was best for the kids.

He sure as heck cared a lot about the baseball KIDS at WOS who he left hanging a week before the season started. P.O.S. Carma Baby!

4 minutes ago, 78Stang said:

He sure as heck cared a lot about the baseball KIDS at WOS who he left hanging a week before the season started. P.O.S. Carma Baby!

I would never hire him  knowing he left the Kids at WOS holding the bucket -

\How would you feel if you sere a WOS player of parent??

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, WOSgrad said:

I don't think anybody has concluded that Coach Jones didn't have some part in the Wildcat's success.  By the same token, to dismiss the contributions of the man who was the head baseball coach would be equally disingenuous.

I don't doubt the ability of Coach Jones to lead the Wildcats this season.  His resume is sure to push away any doubts about that.  Heck, I was somewhat giddy that he was primed to lead by beloved Mustangs this year.  But when opportunity knocks, you have to answer and I wish Coach Jones, who was for a short time part of the Mustang family, well in all of his endeavors at Kirbyville.

I really don't have a problem with Coach Jones replacing Coach Bennett.  I have heard that there were complaints about Coach Bennett in Kirbyville and the lack of outcry from Kirbyville faithful leads me to believe that there is some validity to that claim.  Usually, winning takes care of such complaints, but I guess that is not always the case.  But if there were indeed problems with the baseball program, it is incumbent upon Coach Jones to address those problems in whatever terms he deemed necessary.  It is what athletic directors all over the state do on a regular basis.

Now, I apologize to Kirbyville folks because what I am about to say is probably gonna get them pretty hot at me, but here goes.  Kirbyville folks have to realize that a coach, regardless of where that coach was, being replaced one game into the baseball season without some obvious evidence of misconduct would raise eyebrows in the SETX community.  The fact that the coach being replaced was one game from having his team in the 3A state tournament the previous season, only to be denied by the eventual state champ, would raise them even higher.  The fact that the accomplished coach being replaced one day into the season was done so in a school district that in the last year has had: 1) the hiring of a Superintendent who is STILL currently suing to quash a freedom of information request for documents which purport to shed light on his departure from his previous school district; 2) the sudden and still unexplained departure of a previous athletic director for an assistant coaching position at a smaller neighboring school; 3) a subsequent hire of an athletic director which dissatisfied everybody, including evidently the newly hired AD who resigned less than a year into his tenure and 4) the suicide of a beloved high school principal when the purpose of the last meeting with the aforementioned superintendent was initially concealed and only revealed after intense media scrutiny, you are gonna face a lot of questions about such a dismissal.

That being said, I hope the Kirbyville baseball team has another outstanding season. For if any community needs some brightness to come their way, it is certainly Kirbyville.  It was fun covering their run last year and I, for one, look forward to it being repeated.

But I also wish Jeff Bennett and his family well.  I have not had a whole lot of contact with him, but the little I have indicates that he was a stand up caring guy who will make some school in this area very glad they added him as their head coach.

It sure appears from the outside that this was the plan all along. I'm just sorry that we (WOS) got caught up in it. I just can't respect that.