Channelview 59 Beaumont West Brook 46/FINAL

WOSgrad

13 minutes ago, ace2335 said:

I knew they would weak district all the hype 

Just remember.  This is Boutee's second year at Brook.  Light years better than last year.  I've seen Brook.  They're talented.  Seems like the players played down or the Channelview players played above their heads.  That happens in the playoffs. Remember, they missed the playoffs last year.  Next year, I expect them to go farther.  I don't think they were all hype.  Remember, they beat y'all team this year too, both by double digits...  

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

No disrespect to the great Boutte but he couldn’t get pass Channelview who was no where near as talented as WB...Channelview has zero d1 players on it ... and you lose by double digits 

You said a mouthful.   I had the same concerns.  Hate to see it end for the seniors.  Some really good kids in that bunch. 

4 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

Hmm idk Soulja, Westbrook is losing some talent, he may see the writing and get out while the getting is good 

After 2 years?  I don't know. Never hear of him bouncing on any team after 2 years....

The 6'8" kid returns..  and I believe the PG returns..  he just losing Parquet....

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

You said a mouthful.   I had the same concerns.  Hate to see it end for the seniors.  Some really good kids in that bunch. 

Let me clarify my statement earlier  because you have some real clowns who will take it and run with it . The disrespect shown to Frank Paul & Micheal Thomas is ridiculous yes we know Boutte is a great coach but those guys bust their ass to make their respective programs better everyday. They love the game just as much as anybody for people to overlook them I mean thats fine because that’s their opinion but the grass ain’t always greener on the other and bigger ain’t always  better that’s all I’m saying.  

23 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Let me clarify my statement earlier  because you have some real clowns who will take it and run with it . The disrespect shown to Frank Paul & Micheal Thomas is ridiculous yes we know Boutte is a great coach but those guys bust their ass to make their respective programs better everyday. They love the game just as much as anybody for people to overlook them I mean thats fine because that’s their opinion but the grass ain’t always greener on the other and bigger ain’t always  better that’s all I’m saying.  

Coach Paul and Coach Thomas have done tremendous jobs this year.   I think the clarification was warranted.  I knew what you meant and we both know Coach Boutte is a great coach.  This area is blessed to have several.  But you’re right, some probably would have taken it as a slight on Boutte.  

I got worn out the other day for calling Sutherland the GOAT on another thread :D 

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

After 2 years?  I don't know. Never hear of him bouncing on any team after 2 years....

The 6'8" kid returns..  and I believe the PG returns..  he just losing Parquet....

His daughter is at WB.   

The pg is a senior.....never bought in.   They ll have simon, Carpenter (starters) returning. They ll have several bench contributors returning along with a true pg in the freshman Yates who got moved up during district play......he can go.   WB will be fine.   A very good Jv and freshman group.

as far as the game....no comment

57 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

His daughter is at WB.   

The pg is a senior.....never bought in.   They ll have simon, Carpenter (starters) returning. They ll have several bench contributors returning along with a true pg in the freshman Yates who got moved up during district play......he can go.   WB will be fine.   A very good Jv and freshman group.

as far as the game....no comment

Thanks for the info...

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Just losing Parquet?  Parquet is a big time player.  Any team that lost him will take a hit.  That type of player is not easy to replace.  Last year he didn't play.  This year he did play.  Look at the records. I have never heard of Boutte bouncing on any team after 2 years, but the team he would be bouncing to would be the school he attended high school and left Port Arthur Lincoln to go to .  And from what my co-worker told me, with the new school being formed and having the new school boundary lines drawn, most of West Brook talent will be going to the new school starting with the 8th graders this year. 

15 minutes ago, 409ANALYST said:

Just losing Parquet?  Parquet is a big time player.  Any team that lost him will take a hit.  That type of player is not easy to replace.  Last year he didn't play.  This year he did play.  Look at the records. I have never heard of Boutte bouncing on any team after 2 years, but the team he would be bouncing to would be the school he attended high school and left Port Arthur Lincoln to go to .  And from what my co-worker told me, with the new school being formed and having the new school boundary lines drawn, most of West Brook talent will be going to the new school starting with the 8th graders this year. 

I know Parquet is a major player.  My point was I was under the impression that no much from the starting lineup graduated.  Prior to being told otherwise, I thought he was the only starter Brook was losing.  That's what I meant.

And as far as the talent Brook pulls from starting with the new district lines, the only difference is that the dual zone lines will be no more.  The lines are about the same, but you'll still have parents  that will go above and beyond to beat the system to send their kids wherever they want them to go to.

WB loses 3 starters including Parquet.  Of the top 10 kids in the rotation, 4 will return plus the freshman PG.  Other than Carpenter, very little size returning but a lot of quickness.   There’s talent coming back but they won’t have Parquet to rely on so regardless of who the coach is, they’ll have to play smart.  And they’re moving to a tougher district. 

14 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

No disrespect to the great Boutte but he couldn’t get pass Channelview who was no where near as talented as WB...Channelview has zero d1 players on it ... and you lose by double digits 

Duke lost to Lehigh in the first round in the NCAA tournament a few years back.  Did that make Coach K LESS great? ITS THE PLAYOFFS, IT HAPPENS. 

12 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Not real sure why your love is so deep for Thomas and Paul, but WHAT HAVE THEY DONE? won a few games? That's terrific. So you mean to tell me you call someone saying that they will not and should not get the United job a slap in the face? If Boutte decides he wants that job, it will be his. PERIOD. You are being ridiculous to even THINK those two guys should be named the coach just because you are "cool" with them or because they have done a decent job in the start of their careers.  

23 minutes ago, JayBilas said:

Duke lost to Lehigh in the first round in the NCAA tournament a few years back.  Did that make Coach K LESS great? ITS THE PLAYOFFS, IT HAPPENS. 

Not real sure why your love is so deep for Thomas and Paul, but WHAT HAVE THEY DONE? won a few games? That's terrific. So you mean to tell me you call someone saying that they will not and should not get the United job a slap in the face? If Boutte decides he wants that job, it will be his. PERIOD. You are being ridiculous to even THINK those two guys should be named the coach just because you are "cool" with them or because they have done a decent job in the start of their careers.  

I hear what your saying and it seems your love runs deep for Boutte as well  so I knew someone would take it as a slight but If you read correctly I said I have a lot of respect for him but that doesn’t be mean he will be great at the new school. I understand all of his accolades but even Micheal Jordan wasn’t himself playing for the Wizards he was a shell of himself . Has nothing to do with being cool with either coach we all have opinions yours is yours mines is mines doesn’t mean either one of us is right. In this situation I’m looking at longevity not microwave results. This isn’t fix a flat situation sooner or later you will need a new tire . My point is whether either guy gets it the other should be the assistant and I think either of them won’t have a problem doing so because they are both about the education,the kids and winning. That’s a recipe for success not a name AGAIN NO DISRESPECT!!!!!!!!!!

44 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

I hear what your saying and it seems your love runs deep for Boutte as well  so I knew someone would take it as a slight but If you read correctly I said I have a lot of respect for him but that doesn’t be mean he will be great at the new school. I understand all of his accolades but even Micheal Jordan wasn’t himself playing for the Wizards he was a shell of himself . Has nothing to do with being cool with either coach we all have opinions yours is yours mines is mines doesn’t mean either one of us is right. In this situation I’m looking at longevity not microwave results. This isn’t fix a flat situation sooner or later you will need a new tire . My point is whether either guy gets it the other should be the assistant and I think either of them won’t have a problem doing so because they are both about the education,the kids and winning. That’s a recipe for success not a name AGAIN NO DISRESPECT!!!!!!!!!!

OK Understood. If you were a betting man, would SMART money be to put it on the guy who HAS WON at a new school already and built the program from the ground?