Orangefield 4 Lumberton 3/FINAL

WOSgrad

I know the score was a little high be considered a pitchers duel, but not many of the runs were earned.  Does anyone who all Lumberton Pitched?

Several Errors allowed RBI's to score..... the tieing run got on from an error from a bunt and the poor (i feel bad for him) pitcher over threw first and the runner got to 2nd, then the Winning run got on base by a drop 3rd strike.

Bobcat101, Yes, Payne pitched first 6 innings then Bridges last inning for Lumberton. Lumberton only gave up 2 hits all night and your right, Lumberton did not play clean at all. They had walks, passed balls, wild pitches 2 huge base running errors  and an error on the bunt you mentioned. Have got to improve and clean that up to be competitive. But....let's give credit where it's due. OF played clean, pitched well and threw strikes. They put some balls in played and ran the bases well. Hats off to them and good luck this year.

16 hours ago, Ballboy96 said:

Bobcat101, Yes, Payne pitched first 6 innings then Bridges last inning for Lumberton. Lumberton only gave up 2 hits all night and your right, Lumberton did not play clean at all. They had walks, passed balls, wild pitches 2 huge base running errors  and an error on the bunt you mentioned. Have got to improve and clean that up to be competitive. But....let's give credit where it's due. OF played clean, pitched well and threw strikes. They put some balls in played and ran the bases well. Hats off to them and good luck this year.

OF also had several errors in the game.  Both teams, I'd have to say, kept fighting and battling till the end.  Lumberton's right fielder almost made the play of the night when a sac fly was hit to right field and OF's fastest player tagged up for the winning run and the right field missed the plate by about 3 feet.  Heck of a play, anyone else running or that ball a few feet closer to home and the winning run would have been out......  Good play..I see both teams getting better and cleaning up the errors..