Gun Control

Englebert

The republican baseball shooting and the train wreck are acceptable. Both were planned attacks against real Americans. This is what the dims and antifa want. Guns and vehicular attacks are needed in these cases. Must be copying their muslim brotherhood.

Think I will throw this in here: A man slit his 2 year old son's throat almost decapitating him, and a man stabbed a woman to death in a public library in Massachusetts.....both very brutal murders. Neither of these crimes fit political agendas and, for the most part, are ignored. This is what I was referring to on another thread about “acceptable” losses. There are crazies everywhere and if they want to kill, they can do it without much interference. If guns are gone, they will use other means. It is more difficult to kill multiple persons with a knife, therefore it is accepted.

7 hours ago, Reagan said:

I heard today an interesting thought:  There are Dimms that want to ban gun sales to anyone under 25 years of age.  The thought goes like this:  OK, if you want to deny Constitutional rights of gun ownership based on age -- then we'll agree only if the Dimms agree to deny abortions to any woman under 25 years of age!

The majority of our military is under 25.  They can go die for our country, but wouldn’t be able to buy a gun.  Makes no sense. 

My opinion is that restrictions on gun ownership should equally apply to the right to vote. If you are not qualified to own a gun, you are not qualified to vote. If you are so mentally unstable that the 2nd amendment right of self protection must be stripped from you, then you are too mentally unstable to choose our representatives. If you are deemed not intelligent enough to safely operated a gun, you are not intelligent enough to choose our representatives. If you are deemed too immature to own a firearm until you are 25 years old, you are too immature to choose our representatives until you are 25 years old. If you are required to show an ID to purchase a gun, you should be required to show an ID to vote.

On 2/22/2018 at 10:12 PM, REBgp said:

On another site, there was a liberal lady denouncing Trump & Reubs for not doing anything.  She had posted 3 times.  I simply ask her that if she was in charge, what would she do to solve it.  Crickets.

The one absolute deterrent would be arming a select few teachers.  That would do more than any possible legislation.  Next, I'd ban the bloody, gory video games where kids constantly kill people.  To many, to young, are playing them.  In life, no reset button.  Jmo

Lmao... So guns don't kill people but video games do! Lol... Oh and let' have a shootout with the gunmen and the already stressed out teachers. Yes that would work. Lol... Thanks I needed that laugh today.

52 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Lmao... So guns don't kill people but video games do! Lol... Oh and let' have a shootout with the gunmen and the already stressed out teachers. Yes that would work. Lol... Thanks I needed that laugh today.

Video games kill people?  If you're that shallow, and you find this amusing, I feel sorry for you.  The left, who would sh-t a brick if they saw a kid with a cap pistol, is okay with video games where you kill anyone on the street?  Bad guys. Good guys, women, kids, you don't think that would have an effect on young minds?  No wonder you're laughing.

Btw, I noticed you didn't offer up a solution.  I have a relative who teaches, and while she doesn't personally want to be armed, she knows several teachers she wouldn't mind being armed.  Imo, only teachers that volunteer, go thru psyche evaluations and firearm training should be allow to carry.

24 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Video games kill people?  If you're that shallow, and you find this amusing, I feel sorry for you.  The left, who would sh-t a brick if they saw a kid with a cap pistol, is okay with video games where you kill anyone on the street?  Bad guys. Good guys, women, kids, you don't think that would have an effect on young minds?  No wonder you're laughing.

Btw, I noticed you didn't offer up a solution.  I have a relative who teaches, and while she doesn't personally want to be armed, she knows several teachers she wouldn't mind being armed.  Imo, only teachers that volunteer, go thru psyche evaluations and firearm training should be allow to carry.

The right are the biggest hypocrites there are. You say guns don't kill people, people kill people and then blame the violence in video games and want them banned. And I know several teachers that are  adamantly opposed to arming teachers. Smh... Funny how you pick and chose what is shallow. And what you're offering isn't a solution, just more BS!

6 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

The right are the biggest hypocrites there are. You say guns don't kill people, people kill people and then blame the violence in video games and want them banned. And I know several teachers that are  adamantly opposed to arming teachers. Smh... Funny how you pick and chose what is shallow. And what you're offering isn't a solution, just more BS!

Please offer us your solution!

21 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

After witnessing the blatant hypocrisy from the Left these past few years, you actually think the Right are the biggest hypocrites? Really? That deserves the obligatory (and capitalized) LOL. Even Rosie O'Donnell has to laugh at that one.

26 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

I would have been nice if the coach that shielded students with his body was armed and at least had a fighting chance.  He as well as many others may still be alive today.  No one is going to force teachers to carry.  They can if they are willing to to go throug the training and mental evaluations.  A little bonus pay wouldn’t hurt.  My cousin is a teacher and she has killed more deer than most grown men.  I would absolutely trust my life to her in an active shooter situation if she was armed.  That said, it will be fairly easy to find teacher volunteers in the south that would be for carrying.   Other states it may be more of a challenge finding people willing.  

These school shooters and mass shooters in general are cowards.  Studies have shown that when challenged, most will surrender or turn the gun on themselves ending the threat.  Getting rid of gun free zones may make then reconsider even entering the property if they know they will be challenged.

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I would have been nice if the coach that shielded students with his body was armed and at least had a fighting chance.  He as well as many others may still be alive today.  No one is going to force teachers to carry.  They can if they are willing to to go throug the training and mental evaluations.  A little bonus pay wouldn’t hurt.  My cousin is a teacher and she has killed more deer than most grown men.  I would absolutely trust my life to her in an active shooter situation if she was armed.  That said, it will be fairly easy to find teacher volunteers in the south that would be for carrying.   Other states it may be more of a challenge finding people willing.  

These school shooters and mass shooters in general are cowards.  Studies have shown that when challenged, most will surrender or turn the gun on themselves ending the threat.  Getting rid of gun free zones may make then reconsider even entering the property if they know they will be challenged.

All schools have to say is -- teachers have the right to have a gun in their classrooms.  Don't even have to say it's mandatory.  Now, would-be thugs are going to think twice, like, do I as a punk FEEL LUCKY?

Their response will be, "not all of our generation eats Tide pods." 

My response, not all gun owners commit mass shootings.  There are 33,000 gun related deaths in America each year.  62% of those are from suicide.  2% are from mass shootings.

Again, cars kill more people than guns, drugs kill more people than guns, cardiovascular disease kills over 600,000 people every year.  Why are we so worried about guns but not about what people put into their bodies?  How about protest fast food places.  Would love to know how many of these Tide pod eaters are overweight or obese.  Why not protest that?  Why isn't the media covering the alarming obesity problem that we have? 

49 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Can someone explain why there's no outcry about the dude pretending to be president said he would take away guns without due process? Maybe you need to vote him out of office in 2020. So you can keep your guns.

I'm outraged about it. So are a lot of other people. And if the President of every citizen of the United States continues on this path, he will probably be beat by a Republican challenger in a primary. If you think there is no outcry then you probably need to expand your news sources and not rely solely on the surfeit of bias Liberal coverage.