Silsbee vs Huntington

BADSANTA

4 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Huntington. North Forest?  Scarborough?  Then Yates?  I am getting too far ahead.  Upsets can and do happen.

That's how it shapes up at this point

Tonight's game against an unranked Huntington - similar to Orangefield.  Then.....

No. 21  North Forest

No. 20   Scarborough

No. 17   Waco Connally

No. 2    Yates

That's how it pans out.  I would say that the Tigers have somewhat less than a 50% chance of making it to San Antonio.  Yates maybe has a slightly better chance because they face less challenging opposition before they face the Tigers, but still less than 50%.

The 4A team with the best shot at San Antonio is Brazosport.  They'll likely face No. 22 Somerset in the regional semi and then either No. 14 Boerne or No. 15 West Oso in the regional final.  None of those teams should be able to beat them if they are on and their big man Hunter Quick can stay out of foul trouble.  Now if we had a guy like that this whole playoff thing would be a mere formality.  

A rematch with Brazosport would be spectacular, but it's unlikely.

As far as looking ahead goes,  Silsbee would be nuts to do that and I just don't think they will.  They are a prohibitive favorite tonight but that's the last cupcake they face.  And it's the last time the guys at the end of the bench will likely get to play this year.  It's top 25 teams from there on out.