Worst facilities in the area?

StateChamp17

53 minutes ago, Turn back the clock said:

Correction....At least the all powerful school board stepped up.  The acting AD at the time did not want to play Newton and put the new AD in a bind.  I have never heard of a school board with this much power.  

Thats not completely accurate.  Theres more to that story and im currently glad they have that much power right now in Kirbyville.  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

That’s not a very good argument. First off, the “average homeowner” typically doesn’t pay the majority of these taxes. The average homeowner owns a moderate house that enjoys a homeowner’s exemption. The guy with the $350K+ house will be paying a lot more than “coffee and doughnut” money. Even harder hit is the guy with multiple properties or a business owner. So, while YOU might be giving up a dozen donuts a month, there are very real consequences for people who have made better financial decisions and consequently have a little more “skin in the game.” 

The schools always stand ready to accept any donations that you should voluntarily choose to make, my generous (with other peoples’ money) friend. 

The problem with your argument CB, is you are a "collector" and not an "investor." 

You would rather have everything for yourself, instead of investing in your community.

Your choice, but not a very positive impact of society as a whole.

1 hour ago, Turn back the clock said:

Correction....At least the all powerful school board stepped up.  The acting AD at the time did not want to play Newton and put the new AD in a bind.  I have never heard of a school board with this much power.  

Sounds like someone is bitter with the school board ? Sounds like you used to work for Kirbyville? Within a hop, step and a jump from the high school I presume. So tell us how is Buna treating you down there? 

4 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Sounds like someone is bitter with the school board ? Sounds like you used to work for Kirbyville? Within a hop, step and a jump from the high school I presume. So tell us how is Buna treating you down there? 

Or is it somebody who actually has their eyes open to the corruption there?

Athletic facilities cost a lot of money to build and maintain. Not all districts have the same resources. Some district's tax burden falls on the home owners and some primarily fall on industry. A big problem is screwed up funding from the state. Some district's scrape for ever improvement and bond passing. Some districts like in the Houston area are constantly trying to figure out how to spend all their money. They pass bonds worth hundreds of millions of dollar every few years without ever raising taxes. The education funding in Texas is not equitable.

2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

The problem with your argument CB, is you are a "collector" and not an "investor." 

You would rather have everything for yourself, instead of investing in your community.

Your choice, but not a very positive impact of society as a whole.

So help me understand why you would be permitted to pay “coffee and doughnut” money towards these frivolous projects and another man would have to spend thousands of his dollars on the same project.  

Like I said, scratch a check to the school any time you want.. they’ll gladly accept it and use it however you want. 

I’ll use PAT as an example of your way of thinking. They have the highest per-student spending of any district in Texas. You have a voting block of renters and low- alike homeowners dictating what the non-voting industrial and commercial interests should have to pay... “ for all the children.”  PAISD could literally pass a bond to create a new amusement park. And we all have to wonder how that’s worked out for the kids over there? I mean, we know how the bond issue in Beaumont worked out for Walker Electric, but how about the kids who used to go to Central? I mean, a natatorium and world class football facility are nice, but now their having to go back to the taxpayers for more “coffee and doughnuts.”

BC voted down a bond issue year before last that would have provided upgrades to the athletic facilities, band hall, and six new classrooms. The voters (typically owners of nicer homes) said “no” primarily because we can see the need for a new school in the not-too-distant future and we haven’t finished paying for the new schools yet. The crazy thing is that the school found a way to construct a new high school band hall regardless of a bond issue. 

I can tell you’re not a dummy. Work hard, make good decisions, and you can’t help but stack some money together over time. You’ll end up with property in a few school districts and your tune will change. 

8 hours ago, bigdog said:

You sound like your running his campaign, LOL.    As far as the stadium goes, I have said for years put turf down and pave that huge field next to the stadium, you would have plenty of parking.  Yes, the restrooms need to be replaced  and also the announcers booth.  But I also know that they have schools that need replacing first.   Hopefully Mr. Mosely can get a bond through if he is elected.    But no, Nederland is not the worst stadium in the area.

Lol might sound like it. But I know he will stick to his word. And I want his voice be heard. Not everyone might have known he is running so anyway to get his name out and his message is good. That single post could have won votes his way to get elected. Nederland needs a change for the good and I believe Mr. Mosley can lead us in that direction. 

15 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Lol might sound like it. But I know he will stick to his word. And I want his voice be heard. Not everyone might have known he is running so anyway to get his name out and his message is good. That single post could have won votes his way to get elected. Nederland needs a change for the good and I believe Mr. Mosley can lead us in that direction. 

Don't want to get too far off subject but......Nederland needs new blood on the school board. Out with the old, and in with the new. I smell change.

18 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

So help me understand why you would be permitted to pay “coffee and doughnut” money towards these frivolous projects and another man would have to spend thousands of his dollars on the same project.

Because on man's "coffee and doughnut" money is another man's "Dom Perignon and Beluga Caviar" money. It is all the same. A drop in the bucket when it comes to the percentage of wealth.

"To those who much is given, much is expected."

And before you ask, I am as Conservative Politically as you can get, I just understand my we are in the state we are in when it comes to Education.

Guest ECBucFan
7 hours ago, The Icon said:

I'll have my cake and eat it too. 

I'll take upgraded facilities, an indoor facility, turf on my field and a championship or two.

Hard to disagree with that!

EC has set the standard for all area schools to follow. Most 5A programs are envious of the EC facilities.  

10 hours ago, bobbymcgee said:

I moved my family out of Nederland and to the Houston area in 2012 in past due to the rundown facilities and the community’s inability to pass a bond. 

To each his own I guess, doesn't change the fact that Nederland has a very good educational program and prepares the kids for college.  Facilities don't win football kids or educate kids.   I moved my kid from Katy back to Nederland.   Katy was more worried about that stupid standardized test than acutally teaching the kids things that they will use in life.  I do agree that a bond needs to be passed for new schools though.