Worst facilities in the area?

StateChamp17

Kind of mentioned this on another post in another section. BUT man Nederlands facilities are a turd sandwich. NOT BUSTING on Nederland but I am being honest. By far the worst track and field I've ever seen hosting a high school event. THOSE KIDS DESERVE BETTER. It literally isn't even about looking good. Track meet last night..I was worried someone was going to break an ankle. Kids running in the dark on the curves because no lights reach that far. Bathrooms full of mud and standing water. Jumping pit boards not even close to level..just old rotten out wood. Looking at the field I can't say much more....field, track and everything out there just peaks and valleys. I watched an out of town couple from one of the Houston area schools walking into the facility and they actually stopped and looked and said "OMG, this is horrible." I felt horrible for the Nederland students. They deserve better. You can't paint a turd gold and tell me it's 24 carat.

Who has it worse in the area?? Anybody?

21 minutes ago, StateChamp17 said:

Kind of mentioned this on another post in another section. BUT man Nederlands facilities are a turd sandwich. NOT BUSTING on Nederland but I am being honest. By far the worst track and field I've ever seen hosting a high school event. THOSE KIDS DESERVE BETTER. It literally isn't even about looking good. Track meet last night..I was worried someone was going to break an ankle. Kids running in the dark on the curves because no lights reach that far. Bathrooms full of mud and standing water. Jumping pit boards not even close to level..just old rotten out wood. Looking at the field I can't say much more....field, track and everything out there just peaks and valleys. I watched an out of town couple from one of the Houston area schools walking into the facility and they actually stopped and looked and said "OMG, this is horrible." I felt horrible for the Nederland students. They deserve better. You can't paint a turd gold and tell me it's 24 carat.

Who has it worse in the area?? Anybody?

I haven’t been to Neds field in a long time. But LCM football field is outdated it would be nice to have something new. I wouldn’t say we were the worse in the area though 

I would say W.O.S,  as successful as the program between Football and Track are you would think The stadium would be on par with Carthage or Silsbee at least.

all and all though I like the never change attitude,, I’ve never seen the weight room or anything but I think the stadium could be better and field 

9 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

I would say W.O.S,  as successful as the program between Football and Track are you would think The stadium would be on par with Carthage or Silsbee at least.

all and all though I like the never change attitude,, I’ve never seen the weight room or anything but I think the stadium could be better and field 

WOS probably has one of the largest 4ll stadiums in the state I’d imagine. 

I think you can find areas lacking at most SETX fields. I agree with Buna being near the bottom. 

Ours is weak, but they’re making a few upgrades on a yearly basis. There’s a difference between dated and bad. Prletty much any school in the OC would be dated and probably overdue for a retrofit or new facility. 

Livingston was inadequate 40 years ago, and nothing had really changed. Nederland would be at the bottom of that old district if not for Livingston. 

I wonder why there isn’t a concerted effort by athletic booster clubs to secure outside funding specifically for those improvements, specifically turf fields. WOS could practically play with the lights off and just rely on the glow from the refineries. You’ll never convince me that Dupont, Lanxess, Firestone, Chevron, wouldn’t be willing to make a charitable neighborly contribution to get turf installed. You know, the old “for a dontion of ______ you can install a _________ sized sign in the end zone thanking you for providing our playing surface for a term of ten years.” 

8 hours ago, LC-M said:

I haven’t been to Neds field in a long time. But LCM football field is outdated it would be nice to have something new. I wouldn’t say we were the worse in the area though 

LCM needs improvements but they have limited resources and focused primarily on building facilities in the last bond. Athletics was going to be the next target. Harvey has delayed all progress. They did get a replacement video display board thanks largely to the booster club.

19 minutes ago, mat said:

LCM needs improvements but they have limited resources and focused primarily on building facilities in the last bond. Athletics was going to be the next target. Harvey has delayed all progress. They did get a replacement video display board thanks largely to the booster club.

Yes, but if we could cut down on AD salary we could make a push for it lol jk. I think softball and baseball needs to be next in my honest opinion. Our football team has not earned it. But if we had the football history that WOS had we probably have turf and nice stuff. Are you a LCM grad?

34 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Yes, but if we could cut down on AD salary we could make a push for it lol jk. I think softball and baseball needs to be next in my honest opinion. Our football team has not earned it. But if we had the football history that WOS had we probably have turf and nice stuff. Are you a LCM grad?

I don't know what the AD makes but its probably in line with area comparables. The team has not had impressive success but the fans that fill the stadium on Friday nights deserve better. It will take some time though.

I think baseball is respectable but softball is in serious need. No I'm not a graduate from LCM.

4 minutes ago, mat said:

I don't know what the AD makes but its probably in line with area comparables. The team has not had impressive success but the fans that fill the stadium on Friday nights deserve better. It will take some time though.

I think baseball is respectable but softball is in serious need. No I'm not a graduate from LCM.

I think Crouch salary is right at 98k more than Thompson. But there needs to be some changes

6 hours ago, TexazBall said:

WOS stadium will never change...the field is wayyyy better than Silsbee,ask anybody who has played on them....upgrades are due though,imo 

13 hours ago, outanup said:

No doubt the facilities at Ned could use some upgrades....I have to think the field is in bad shape due to the saturating rain's we've received. I will say this...Ned coaching staff does as much with less than anyone around.

I don’t think anyone could argue against that 

Just gonna talk on the football side here..

Nederland - horrible parking, dark spots in stands.

LC-M - Football field always seems to be wet and the annoying announcer.

Cleveland -  just looks old and they'll be hosting 5a games This year.

Bridge City - I don't think anything is wrong except its just old looking.

H-J - another ancient looking stadium

Buna - same thing

Livingston - without a doubt, the worse Stadium that I've ever been to.  Where do I start? You have to park in the neighborhoods and walk several blocks to the stadium.  The stadium lights are planted in the sidelines and you'll periodically miss the action.  The visitor side has tree branches hanging in the stands.  You can climb in the trees to watch the games.  The huge bugs harrassing you while the game is going on?  Is the old lady with the annoying voice still calling the games?  Geez...

3 hours ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Buna is horrible 

Newton is awful

Warren is horrible 

Buna and Warren decided to use bond money voters approved to build new school buildings and refurbish/update older ones... priorities....Are their facilities cutting edge or glitzy?..Absolutely not but they are adequate for the 5 to 6 games that are played there a year...Voters (at least in our immediate area) have made it clear that they don't want to see their money spent on the sport palaces you see in Katy and up in the Metroplex.... Contrary to some posters on here football can still be played on grass...

Football most certainly can still be played on grass, but you need to make the stands handicap accessible. Also, like a previous poster has said, I don’t have want to be harassed by tree branches or stand in ankle deep water in the bathroom after a hard rain either.

it can still be grass and have nice hardware