Florida Shootings

TxHoops

I hate how things get politicized before these poor kids’ families even get to bury them.  And although I have never owned a gun, it’s not because I’m not a 2nd amendment guy.  I’m not into them, they’re not my thing, I’m not a hunter.  But I fully support your right to own as many as you want.   

I have posted Dale Hansen here before and he’s been my favorite sportscaster since I was a kid (posted that before).  I’m sure this will get lambasted (and I don’t agree with much of it) but this is a serious problem that we tend to move on from until next week when another one of these atrocities occur.  I don’t have any answers, just a heavy heart for parents and families having to deal with what is all our worst nightmare.  

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I hate how things get politicized before these poor kids’ families even get to bury them.  And although I have never owned a gun, it’s not because I’m not a 2nd amendment guy.  I’m not into them, they’re not my thing, I’m not a hunter.  But I fully support your right to own as many as you want.   

I have posted Dale Hansen here before and he’s been my favorite sportscaster since I was a kid (posted that before).  I’m sure this will get lambasted (and I don’t agree with much of it) but this is a serious problem that we tend to move on from until next week when another one of these atrocities occur.  I don’t have any answers, just a heavy heart for parents and families having to deal with what is all our worst nightmare.  

I have never owned a gun either.  I pray, stay away from bad places. Mind my own business.  So far I haven't needed one.

5 hours ago, TxHoops said:

It is a serious problem.  And answers?  No one has serious answers. Gun control?  Pretty much a joke, as Chicago proves.  Hansen said, "Since these shootings are by white kids, so there's nothing we can do", is a little unfair.  In Chicago, a recent 3 year period, 260 schools age children, predominantly black, were killed in shootings.  Guess what Mr. Hansen, there's nothing we can do.  Although Hansen does have a point about terrorist.  Terrorists blow up airplanes.  What do we do?  Strict screening of passengers and luggage, PLUS, put Air Marshalls on (every?) flights.  Is that the answer to school shootings?  Maybe, but I doubt it.  So many schools, there aren't enough zeros in our numerical system to account for the cost.  I do find it strange that the violent video games, where kids shoot endless numbers of people, with blood and gore, haven't come under attack.  Oh, and we have folks saying, Down with cap pistols.  The logic fails me.  Arming select teachers?  As bad as it sounds, perhaps the biggest deterrent.  Had football coach Arron Feis, who died protecting a student, had a weapon, it could've ended there.  Or, have piping installed throughout the school to release a thick cloud of innocuous smoke so the shooter couldn't see targets?  Grasping at straws.  Almost all schools are "gun free" zones.  Makes them a whacko's paradise.  Fish in a barrel, as the old saying goes.  So like you Hoops, I sit here with a heavy heart, and no real answers.

Not sure of the numbers, but I bet there are more people killed by drunk drivers or causes related to alcohol, than mass shootings. I never hear of anybody wanting to ban alcohol.  Why is that?  Is more money flowing to politicians from that industry? Laws are for honest people.  Those wishing to cause harm have no regards for the law.  Stricter gun laws only affect the honest people.

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

No one should be walking around with an AR-15 or an AK-47.  No one.  Especially someone who has mental problems.  The only reason for those guns is to kill a bunch of people in a short amount of time.  

No one should have a billion dollars. Do you realize how many lives could be saved if that wealth was redistributed. No one should own more than 5 guns. Why do you need them? No one should own more than 5 cars...again, why do you need them. What is the purpose? No one should own a car that goes 0-60 in 2.4 seconds. No one should own a Jetski that goes 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. Does anyone realize how dangerous, not to mention excessive that is? No one should own a house that has more than 5 bedrooms. Again, what is the purpose? I could go on for years about why someone should not indulge in excesses...but then again, that is not my prerogative to quantify. Let's just say I would be happy with my decision of a high caliber, high capacity self defense mechanism if the need should ever arise. If the need (hopefully) never arises, I'm still happy playing with my toy. God forbid I sell it and go buy another hand gun. Remind me again of the stats on those?

What laws would you propose enacting to curb such violence? Keep in mind that banning AR-15s and/or AK-47s would not reduce the gun violence a fraction of a percent. So please, put some thought into a response and propose a solution. Typical Liberals will run their mouth with asinine platitudes that are meaningless. Let's see if you follow that pattern or actually propose "sensible" legislation that will reduce gun violence while simultaneously adhering to the 2nd amendment right of self protection. I started a whole topic on this very issue last year, and as of today, the "sensible" responses advocating gun control have totaled up to a whopping big fat zero.

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

No one should be walking around with an AR-15 or an AK-47.  No one.  Especially someone who has mental problems.  The only reason for those guns is to kill a bunch of people in a short amount of time.  

I would think anyone with mental problems shouldn't need a gun.  Why specify an AR?

6 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I have an AR and I have never killed anyone or anything with it. I enjoy shooting. I own and shoot multiple weapons. My targets are mostly aluminum cans. There is nothing wrong with owning guns. It’s all about being responsible!!!

31 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I have an AR and I have never killed anyone or anything with it. I enjoy shooting. I own and shoot multiple weapons. My targets are mostly aluminum cans. There is nothing wrong with owning guns. It’s all about being responsible!!!

He must have seen the demonstration where the dims displayed guns, and called them machine guns.  And I guarantee most libtards think that AR stands for assault rifle.  If they have no clue, they dang sure shouldn't be trying to educate someone that is far smarter on this subject than they are.  Why no comments from the left on my comparison of alcohol related deaths to mass shootings?

1 hour ago, Ty Cobb said:

That's just it.  There are a lot of irresponsible people who get ar 15s and shoot up high schools.  it has happened time and time again.  Only in this gun crazy country though.  

56 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

That's just it.  There are a lot of irresponsible people who get ar 15s and shoot up high schools.  it has happened time and time again.  Only in this gun crazy country though.  

Please elaborate on who you think are irresponsible. Please give a definition with criteria so we can ban these people from owning guns. I bet you will ignore this simplistic question just like you did my other one. The fact is that you spout "gun control" but will not dare offer any solutions when questioned. And what is sickening is that you will ignore these simple questions, but probably be leading the charge to mouth "gun control" the next time this happens, while blaming "gun crazy" people for their lack of solutions. Please prove me wrong and offer a proposal.

7 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Just as expected. All talk and no answers, but yet will blame the other side for no answers.

13 hours ago, Kountzer said:

15 people were killed at Columbine with shotguns and pistols.  Should we ban those too?

Appears even the leftist media is beginning to question Cruz's affiliation with a White Supremacist group (including the Huff Post - wow).  I never understood this part of the story.  Why would a white supremacist shoot a predominantly bunch of white kids and adults?  So why did many outlets run with it?  Most wanted it to be true so bad, they couldn't wait to report it.  Investigate?  Hell know, release it, even though an iota of common sense would tell you it was probably wrong.

10 hours ago, Kountzer said:

They should be more tightly regulated, for sure.

There is a whole topic on this issue for you to elaborate your ideas for tighter regulation. Why don't you venture over there and articulate some of these solutions. If you don't have any, then you fit right in with the rest of them. Is all talk and no solutions the new normal. (Sorry PamFam, I had to steal that line.)

On 2/17/2018 at 11:46 PM, TxHoops said:

He is rightfully angry but an idiot. 

Mass murders are a society problem, not a weapon problem. 

We can legally confiscate weapons like Australia did, if like the  Captain said in the movie G. I. Jane, we just trim a little fat off the Constitution. 

CNN:. It's our way or the highway.  Liberal slant or no voice at all.

On a related note, saw something profound.  Was dated 2012 I think, so some may have seen it before, but it's just as poignant today.

Dear God, why do you allow so much violence in our schools?  A concerned student

Dear concerned student, I'm not allowed in schools.  God