East Chambers 89 Broaddus 54/FINAL

WOSgrad

26 minutes ago, no-look said:

May help Broaddus for the playoffs by playing a better team. 

Blowout games don’t help anyone unless you want to rest your starters.  If that’s the case just have a light practice and save time and money.

EC hasn’t had a close game in a while..they’re gonna wish they’d played one to remember how to win a close one.

7 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Blowout games don’t help anyone unless you want to rest your starters.  If that’s the case just have a light practice and save time and money.

EC hasn’t had a close game in a while..they’re gonna wish they’d played one to remember how to win a close one.

Silsbee too? 

I think Sutherland knows what he is doing. 

32 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Makes zero sense to play a team in a lower class that didn’t even win their district.

Meanwhile.. I saw that Kountze is getting drilled by Jasper.  Probably would’ve been a couple competitive games if EC/Jasper and Ktze/Broaddus.

If we’re really looking for a true warmup/preparation game that is.

EC and Jasper have already played several times this season. 

Hasn’t EC played and beat Jasper 3 times this season?  I’m not sure Jasper wants to play EC again,  The outcome has been well established.  Come join the excitement at EC and enjoy the playoffs with a team that shows real promise.  If not EC, then get behind a team you believe has a chance of winning and support them with all you have got.

Note to self:   Don’t let the h8ers pull you down and make you share in their misery,  frustrations and deep seated anger.  Enjoy the playoffs...YOLO

I first remember hearing about Kountze basketball back in 1969/70, when they won state.  What's that?  49 years?  During that time I've noticed they are usually up. I'm sure they have bottomed out before.  Won 4 championships during that period. Sooner of later they will be back.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

I first remember hearing about Kountze basketball back in 1969/70, when they won state.  What's that?  49 years?  During that time I've noticed they are usually up. I'm sure they have bottomed out before.  Won 4 championships during that period. Sooner of later they will be back.

I agree.  To much rich basketball tradition to stay down to much longer..

7 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Makes zero sense to play a team in a lower class that didn’t even win their district.

Meanwhile.. I saw that Kountze is getting drilled by Jasper.  Probably would’ve been a couple competitive games if EC/Jasper and Ktze/Broaddus.

If we’re really looking for a true warmup/preparation game that is.

While I agree EC could've found a tougher opponent, to simply identify Broaddus as a "lower class that didn't win their district" is slightly misleading.  Broaddus is ranked #17 in the state in 2A, and their two district losses were to Pineywoods, who is ranked #6. Obviously not comparable to EC, but still a decent team.  And Jasper was beaten by Evadale who is not ranked (but did win district).  I'd bet Coach Sutherland had a particular reason to play Broaddus, but regardless I wouldn't second guess him.

11 minutes ago, no-look said:

Both coaches probably thought it would have been a closer game. Broaddus has had a good year and is currently ranked in TABC at 17. I was surprised at the score, not that EC won but by the margin. 

Agreed.  But no more basketball than I've watched, I've seen nights when kids who've been making 3's in Ho-hum fashion, all of a sudden can't make layups.  Couldn't get on a ladder & drop it in the basket (Silsbee 1st half against BC prime example).  Maybe Broaddus was having one of "them".

With playoffs starting, we shouldn't talk about "them nights".  Comparable to the unwritten rule in golf that you don't say the dreaded, £#¥¥€%#, S___k word.  So no more on this subject - insert lil guy beating his head on a wall, emoji. :) 

4 hours ago, REBgp said:

While I agree EC could've found a tougher opponent, to simply identify Broaddus as a "lower class that didn't win their district" is slightly misleading.  Broaddus is ranked #17 in the state in 2A, and their two district losses were to Pineywoods, who is ranked #6. Obviously not comparable to EC, but still a decent team.  And Jasper was beaten by Evadale who is not ranked (but did win district).  I'd bet Coach Sutherland had a particular reason to play Broaddus, but regardless I wouldn't second guess him.

As down of a season as Kountze has hadEarlier in the season Kountze beat highly ranked 1A and 2A teams in a tournament. That shows you the difference in 1A/2A and 3A this year. Granted EC probably just wanted to play a game though. But I also agree come Regional Tournament time, maybe the 3rd round EC will be tested . Best of luck to the Bucs and Lions in the playoffs 

3 hours ago, no-look said:

Both coaches probably thought it would have been a closer game. Broaddus has had a good year and is currently ranked in TABC at 17. I was surprised at the score, not that EC won but by the margin. 

The coaches are friends, and also thought this exact thing. From what I’ve heard, game was fast pace and Broaddus was competitive. Even though score does not show it. Both teams got something out of it. EC will be fine. 

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

As down of a season as Kountze has hadEarlier in the season Kountze beat highly ranked 1A and 2A teams in a tournament. That shows you the difference in 1A/2A and 3A this year. Granted EC probably just wanted to play a game though. But I also agree come Regional Tournament time, maybe the 3rd round EC will be tested . Best of luck to the Bucs and Lions in the playoffs 

Maybe I'm just imagining things, because I haven't seen Kountze play, but looking at the scores weekly, it seems like they were playing better earlier in the season.  Just me or have you noticed that?