Baytown Mega Scool

BlackShirts5

16 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Might be the dumbest thing I've read. 

How many players is Crosby, with their new facilities, sending to college for free every year? 3? 4? 

Stop pretending that winning a playoff game or two puts you in some sort of elite company. 

Not defending his comment above but no scouts are going to the Sterling Game to watch sterling players. The two times you probably had scouts watching yall last year you got destroyed by Atascocita and North Shore. 

Crosby will have scouts at the Manvel game, at the PNG game, at the Angleton Game and if they move deeper into the playoffs in the playoffs. They could also realistically win 2 of those games and the kids would be showcased. 

So no winning a playoff game or two doesn't, pulling high-quality preseason opponents and playing against D1 kids in games you have a chance to win is the quickest way to increase your profile. 

On 2/17/2018 at 2:01 PM, Cougtalk said:

Not defending his comment above but no scouts are going to the Sterling Game to watch sterling players. The two times you probably had scouts watching yall last year you got destroyed by Atascocita and North Shore

Crosby will have scouts at the Manvel game, at the PNG game, at the Angleton Game and if they move deeper into the playoffs in the playoffs. They could also realistically win 2 of those games and the kids would be showcased. 

So no winning a playoff game or two doesn't, pulling high-quality preseason opponents and playing against D1 kids in games you have a chance to win is the quickest way to increase your profile. 

Case in point. Hill has 0 offers and was selected All State RB 6A for the body of work he did against everyone else not named North Shore and Atascocita.

I dont for see  anyone in this district have 2 defenses like that. But what will he do against Manvel, and Angleton? He already ran through PNG defense last year for 190 on a BAD 1 man offense.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:45 AM, GCMNation5 said:

That was the other option presented to us at the forums. Rezone the 3 schools to to each have the same number of kids. Which would put them all 3 in 5A.  Guess we will see in 2 years lol.

Does GCCISD allow students at Hyland, Impact and Stuart campuses to participate in UIL events?

If they do count, then (according to UIL #s) the total number of students in GCCISD would be 6,809.  If you divide 6,809 by 3 campuses, the average would be 2,269.67.  The current cutoff for 6A is 2,190.

If they do not count, the total students would be 5,465 and the average would be 1,821.67.

Please make sure before Lee HS is in 6A.

33 minutes ago, texaslonghorn14 said:

Does GCCISD allow students at Hyland, Impact and Stuart campuses to participate in UIL events?

If they do count, then (according to UIL #s) the total number of students in GCCISD would be 6,809.  If you divide 6,809 by 3 campuses, the average would be 2,269.67.  The current cutoff for 6A is 2,190.

If they do not count, the total students would be 5,465 and the average would be 1,821.67.

Please make sure before Lee HS is in 6A.

I believe those 3 schools mentioned above compete in UIL events. There for they did not count against the RSS,GCM or REL numbers. Where as the past 2 years those kids counted against the school they would have attended.

7 hours ago, sahen said:

Is mega school actually dead? I thought I read that the board is assigning a committee to study it and bring info back to the board later in the year, but for now they are rezoning because they feel they have to do something.  

For now it appears to be. They chose to rezone. this go around. So the next realignment should have 3 5A schools in Baytown.

On 2/17/2018 at 9:02 PM, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Might be the dumbest thing I've read. 

How many players is Crosby, with their new facilities, sending to college for free every year? 3? 4? 

Stop pretending that winning a playoff game or two puts you in some sort of elite company. 

+1. On serious note, I believe Goose Creek ISD is well over 60% Hispanic. That spells disaster for football programs.