Baytown Mega Scool

BlackShirts5

Well Sterling would lose some kids to Lee but gain some from GCM. GCCISD is also trying to pass a bond to build a new middle school so there would be 6 instead of 5 so now you can have a true feeder pattern and the high schools can go work with their kids in the off season and you know you will get them. Sterling has been the best program in baytown the last 5 years moving to 5A should really help but as always it would depend on what the district is. I could see a district of Baytown Lee, GCM Sterling, Barbers Hill, Crosby, Dayton, and someone else as being favorable to Sterling. but thats a long way off.

1 hour ago, GCMNation5 said:

Yea. I agree.  The New Middle school should be built next to GCM. That would give GCM  HJS and the new Jr High as feeders. Sterling would get Gentry and CBJ. Lee should be Horace Mann and Baytown Jr.

If I am thinking right none of the 3 schools will lose current kids. Just will future numbers.

right this would probably go in effect for 19-20 year so the 2020 UIL Realignment will be the goal. 

10 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

5A in our area is not necessarily a step down.

People confuse 6A enrollment number with 6A participation numbers.  

When such a move means you don't have to fight with the North Shores of the world it is.

If Sterling does not have 6A participation numbers, doesn't a plan that puts them in 5A benefit them that much more?

34 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

When such a move means you don't have to fight with the North Shores of the world it is.

If Sterling does not have 6A participation numbers, doesn't a plan that puts them in 5A benefit them that much more?

All Baytown schools will benefit from 5A. I am just saying it is not a guarantee of success.

3 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

5A in our area is not necessarily a step down.

People confuse 6A enrollment number with 6A participation numbers.  

Northshore, Westbrook, LaPorte (lately but not next year), Deer Park...I think it's a step down.

2 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

All Baytown schools will benefit from 5A. I am just saying it is not a guarantee of success.

Nobody is saying it's a guarantee of success.  But getting to play schools with a lot less of a pool to draw from will benefit any school.  Especially in football.  

7 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Northshore, Westbrook, LaPorte (lately but not next year), Deer Park...I think it's a step down.

Nobody is saying it's a guarantee of success.  But getting to play schools with a lot less of a pool to draw from will benefit any school.  Especially in football.  

Well considering the movement going on at Sterling they are going to need a step down.  Losing ALL State RB, a starting WR and possibly 2 more starters.  Whats going on over there?

No one really cares, stallworth stadium will still be empty 

its a fact the parents/adults of baytown simply don't care about athletics. this has been shown consistently throughout the years.

don't get me wrong there are some individuals that care but with three high schools total enrollment is 6,000 some kids and you look in the stands there is maybe 100 people there. its a joke. 

7 minutes ago, Soccer Man said:

No one really cares, stallworth stadium will still be empty 

its a fact the parents/adults of baytown simply don't care about athletics. this has been shown consistently throughout the years.

don't get me wrong there are some individuals that care but with three high schools total enrollment is 6,000 some kids and you look in the stands there is maybe 100 people there. its a joke. 

I agree with you 1000% and it sucks.. I hate the lack of support by anyone other then half the parents on the team and a few fans.

2 hours ago, GCMNation5 said:

Well considering the movement going on at Sterling they are going to need a step down.  Losing ALL State RB, a starting WR and possibly 2 more starters.  Whats going on over there?

Facilities suck, coaches suck, teams suck, etc etc.....those kids want to go to college for free, 

6 hours ago, CCbigfan said:

Facilities suck, coaches suck, teams suck, etc etc.....those kids want to go to college for free, 

Might be the dumbest thing I've read. 

How many players is Crosby, with their new facilities, sending to college for free every year? 3? 4? 

Stop pretending that winning a playoff game or two puts you in some sort of elite company.