Silsbee v EC ?

uknowit2

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Maybe actually worse . Not taking anything away from what EC has accomplished this season. I imagine they will be in Waco for regionals at the very least.

I don’t know about worse. I look at it like this, WOS gave Silsbee a great effort the first round. Yes, Silsbee gave it to WOS in round 2, but EC is better WOS. I’m not saying EC is in the same ball park as Silsbee, I’m saying EC has the ability to keep it competitive. Silsbee wins 10 out of 10 times they play, majority by 20+. EC’s lack of height is the biggest advantage for Silsbee. 

33 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

I don’t know about worse. I look at it like this, WOS gave Silsbee a great effort the first round. Yes, Silsbee gave it to WOS in round 2, but EC is better WOS. I’m not saying EC is in the same ball park as Silsbee, I’m saying EC has the ability to keep it competitive. Silsbee wins 10 out of 10 times they play, majority by 20+. EC’s lack of height is the biggest advantage for Silsbee. 

EC also barely beat Orangefield...

7 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

EC also barely beat Orangefield...

Probably their worse shooting game of the year, but valid point. Once again I’m not saying EC would win. I’m just saying they gave the capability on a hot shooting night to play Silsbee within 20. Silsbee would no doubt control the game. 

3 hours ago, About a week ago said:

So you don’t  think Silsbee wouldn’t have an advantage at the guard spots with arguably the best guards in area

12 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

That’s my point. EC has good guards, not on Silsbee’s level, but the height of Silsbee’s guards would be the biggest difference. 

Now that height at the guar position,  well almost all of our players are truly guards but Adams is the only one that is really good size that actually plays in the guard position the majority of the time.  Bush and Tyler aren’t size issues nor or the ones coming off the bench. Now granted we can move some around!

The single most impressive thing a team can do is win state.  That team can knock off a bigger, ranked team and that would make a lot of noise.  They don't roll out the parades, and throw the victory crawfish boils and do the on camera interviews and all that for just making noise.  If a team wins state they don't have to tell everybody how bad they are.  They will already know.

Not a big fan of daisy chains. For example: Brazosport beat Clear Lake last year. Clear Lake beat Cy Falls, the eventual 6a state champion, As we all know Silsbee beat Brazospot. Does that mean Silsbee could have beat Cy Falls last year? Of course not. That's silly.

There's only one way to find out who's better. Maybe EC should hit coach Sigler up for a game next year. It shouldn't matter where they play if EC is so big and bad.

Silsbee should be better next year. They've got another Elam coming up along with a few others looking to make a bigger impact from JV.

On 2/14/2018 at 11:27 AM, kingjames said:

So you don’t  think Silsbee wouldn’t have an advantage at the guard spots with arguably the best guards in area

I've been watching SETX basketball for a good 20-30 years and I must say, Adams has to be top 5 guard i've seen in this area a long time. That kid can flat out just play and there's no stopping him once he gets it going. 

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

Not a big fan of daisy chains. For example: Brazosport beat Clear Lake last year. Clear Lake beat Cy Falls, the eventual 6a state champion, As we all know Silsbee beat Brazospot. Does that mean Silsbee could have beat Cy Falls last year? Of course not. That's silly.

There's only one way to find out who's better. Maybe EC should hit coach Sigler up for a game next year. It shouldn't matter where they play if EC is so big and bad.

Silsbee should be better next year. They've got another Elam coming up along with a few others looking to make a bigger impact from JV.

No one has claimed EC to be big and bad. I’ve been the only EC supporter on this thread lol. EC is not beating Silsbee.

I would think coach Sigler already pretty much has talk an has been already getting the Silsbee schedule going for next year. And I don't see anything different then the last three years. Power houses 6A - 5A but do see LA Marque on it. Now if their was and if their is away to drop that game E.C. would be and good pick up.