BRIAN MORGAN NAMED NEW HC AT PORT ARTHUR MEMORIAL

Djones8301

1 hour ago, 503Raised said:

I've heard Brooks has won a championship(s) before.  Is this true?

Yes. He was there doin all the glory years in the 80's he is a great coach. That knows how to win. At West Orange stark.

Edited by dj

5 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

It would've been better if it were old boy from Desoto #Isawhimwinaring

Peterman was never serious about relocating to the triangle. He was just getting his name out there. There were too many high profile DFW openings for him to have to uproot his crew and move.

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No way SFA85 approves of this white hire.

How did I know this was going to be a big part of this discussion. From looking at his resume He is very quallified with working with black athletes. Grambling state and Prairie View should have him prepared for Memorial. If he is qualified in x and o's then its a good hire. Good Luck PA

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I originally heard that Brooks didn't want to coach anymore, just wanted to teach...

My understanding was that Brooks left coaching to take care of his mother who was very sick (or at least that was what I was told with regard to him leaving Jasper).  Perhaps, that situation has resolved which gave him the thought that return would be in the cards.

If he does find the right fit, some school around will get a good coach.

I for one am happy that the good people of port arthur could look at the man himself and not his physical characteristics when deciding positions of leadership

it's not often you see a guy shorter than 5'10 get a job in leadership, it's time to end discrimination of the short man once and for all