Sabine Pass 53 Deweyville 49/FINAL

WOSgrad

13 hours ago, uknowit2 said:

Good for SP.  Didn’t understand why they scheduled some un-winnable games before district but it payed off.

Good job.

It’s not that they schedule un-winnable games, it was the surprise moves that happen this year. As I been hearing, three basketball players went back to memorial this year, and one left due to the hurricane harvey. Nobody expected that at all, I believe if everyone would’ve stayed then Sabine Pass would’ve gave evadale a run for its money for that top spot in that district. Daniel Sam developed into a great hooper, just imagine if he would’ve had the help from the players who left...

3 hours ago, SPFan1982 said:

It’s not that they schedule un-winnable games, it was the surprise moves that happen this year. As I been hearing, three basketball players went back to memorial this year, and one left due to the hurricane harvey. Nobody expected that at all, I believe if everyone would’ve stayed then Sabine Pass would’ve gave evadale a run for its money for that top spot in that district. Daniel Sam developed into a great hooper, just imagine if he would’ve had the help from the players who left...

Theylost the point guard who was their best player, a wing and all 4 post players. It's been a struggle for the kids being under sized and playing out of position. 

7 hours ago, Spyder53 said:

Theylost the point guard who was their best player, a wing and all 4 post players. It's been a struggle for the kids being under sized and playing out of position. 

Exactly, this team did really good despite losing all of them. Sabine has really improved their athletic program. Them kids out there playing their hearts out, I really wish the same team from last year just adding Dorsey back was still there. I wasn’t looking forward to watching Malbrue play this year for this squad.

On February 14, 2018 at 9:22 AM, SPFan1982 said:

I'm guessing Sam is #2.  Kid can play, and like you, if he'd had more help, they would've been a force.  Still, I expect them to play a super game against Pineywoods.  If memory serves, they did last year.  Good luck Sharks.