Traditional signing day becomes anticlimactic

DannyShapiroBE

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

I know one thing TF's, smallest group while he was at Central, if my memory serves me correct, was 9.  I think a total in the low 40's in his 4 years there.  

Yesterday 2...

I hope the AD takes these kind of things into consideration when picking the new coach for Ozen-Central.

Are you serious?  Smh

3 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

I know one thing TF's, smallest group while he was at Central, if my memory serves me correct, was 9.  I think a total in the low 40's in his 4 years there.  

Yesterday 2...

I hope the AD takes these kind of things into consideration when picking the new coach for Ozen-Central.

TF had twice as many as Central sign off a winless team i believe ....lol ...unbelievable  SMH

11 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Are you serious?  Smh

Yea bro...

8 hours ago, One4All said:

TF had twice as many as Central sign off a winless team i believe ....lol ...unbelievable  SMH

Then he goes up there and goes 0-10 but gets more kids in college then we did down here.  I might not always have agreed with his in game decisions but the guy knows how to network, apparently has connections and most importantly get kids a chance at the next level.  My oldest told me yesterday that TF always had college coaches stopping by the program.  He even had a college day where he invited college coaches out and let the boys showcase their talents and measurables. 

I'm not a scout but I know there are a few more boys on that team that can play at the next level somewhere.  I was told TF was actually in town yesterday, don't know how true that is though...

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

Yea bro...

Then he goes up there and goes 0-10 but gets more kids in college then we did down here.  I might not always have agreed with his in game decisions but the guy knows how to network, apparently has connections and most importantly get kids a chance at the next level.  My oldest told me yesterday that TF always had college coaches stopping by the program.  He even had a college day where he invited college coaches out and let the boys showcase their talents and measurables. 

I'm not a scout but I know there are a few more boys on that team that can play at the next level somewhere.  I was told TF was actually in town yesterday, don't know how true that is though...

Nelson is old school and just laid back.  See how his actions were nonchalant after Harvey to find games to play before district.  See how laid back he is on the sidelines.  So he seems like the type that won't go out his way to bother networking and all the extra legwork that he's not required to do.  Come to work, do your job to the best of your abilities, then go home type of guy is how he seems.  Because I agree.  Central has way more than 2 kids signing.  

48 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Nelson is old school and just laid back.  See how his actions were nonchalant after Harvey to find games to play before district.  See how laid back he is on the sidelines.  So he seems like the type that won't go out his way to bother networking and all the extra legwork that he's not required to do.  Come to work, do your job to the best of your abilities, then go home type of guy is how he seems.  Because I agree.  Central has way more than 2 kids signing.  

Now that you mention it, I do remember that.  I didn't like the fact that the boys would be going in with their first game being against Memorial while everyone else was calling around getting games set up.  Not saying that they wouldn't have had the 3 losses against Memorial, Vidor and PN-G but they needed a tune-up. 

The job posting is supposed to close today so we will try to get a list of applicants next week.  In the end, whoever is picked, I will support them and the team.  I just feel like this year as a whole when it comes to football, some things were squandered. 

3 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Now that you mention it, I do remember that.  I didn't like the fact that the boys would be going in with their first game being against Memorial while everyone else was calling around getting games set up.  Not saying that they wouldn't have had the 3 losses against Memorial, Vidor and PN-G but they needed a tune-up. 

The job posting is supposed to close today so we will try to get a list of applicants next week.  In the end, whoever is picked, I will support them and the team.  I just feel like this year as a whole when it comes to football, some things were squandered. 

Even Ozen was able to get a game scheduled.  It eventually was cancelled, but still, Taylor was searching and trying to get those games scheduled...