Silsbee 2018 Schedule

STigerNation

Some information was made available to me from the big homie.  This Spring Hill team evidently hails in a tough district with the likes of Gilmer and Pleasant Grove.  They actually played tough against both.  It also seem that they didn't have many seniors, so a lot returns.  Silsbee will need to be clicking around that game to have a chance to get the Dub...

I hear that there will probably be six road games this year and no neutral site games. The good thing about that is that next year we should have six home games. Things could change though. Keep us away from Lufkin by all means. Our record there must be something like 1 and ten. The beating we took there last year was so bad you want to think about forfeiting the next time you have a play-off. (no not really_. 

I was thinking Silsbee will make some noise dropping down to DII. I would think Silsbee would be 6-4 or 7-3 with this schedule. I know those young gun RB are coming back. What else does Silsbee have coming back? I think the offense Silsbee runs is great for their personnel. I know y'all always have a good O-Line. Is the QB coming back? He was pretty good, and should get better. I would like to see Silsbee start out the season a little bit faster. Get some confidence early, and I think they can make some noise in the playoffs. Beside WOS, Silsbee has just as good of a program as anybody in DII R3. I think you guys are going to see a big difference in DII then in D1. You will no longer have to go thru the Hendersons, Kilgores, ECs, Carthages of the world. That region has been absolutely loaded over the years. Biggest thing is no more Carthage. But now you got WOS. So I guess pick your poison. Look forward to following the Tigers. Will be pulling for you guys in 2018. I like the direction of the Tigers the last couple years with the new coach. Now it's time to take that next step. Defense is now where you guys need to focus. I don't think Silsbee ever had a problem finding offensive lineman, QB, WR, and RB. Now the next step in the process is to improve on D. Good luck.

46 minutes ago, Dawgs12345 said:

I was thinking Silsbee will make some noise dropping down to DII. I would think Silsbee would be 6-4 or 7-3 with this schedule. I know those young gun RB are coming back. What else does Silsbee have coming back? I think the offense Silsbee runs is great for their personnel. I know y'all always have a good O-Line. Is the QB coming back? He was pretty good, and should get better. I would like to see Silsbee start out the season a little bit faster. Get some confidence early, and I think they can make some noise in the playoffs. Beside WOS, Silsbee has just as good of a program as anybody in DII R3. I think you guys are going to see a big difference in DII then in D1. You will no longer have to go thru the Hendersons, Kilgores, ECs, Carthages of the world. That region has been absolutely loaded over the years. Biggest thing is no more Carthage. But now you got WOS. So I guess pick your poison. Look forward to following the Tigers. Will be pulling for you guys in 2018. I like the direction of the Tigers the last couple years with the new coach. Now it's time to take that next step. Defense is now where you guys need to focus. I don't think Silsbee ever had a problem finding offensive lineman, QB, WR, and RB. Now the next step in the process is to improve on D. Good luck.

QB is gone and will me missed.  But some good O-Linemen returns.  We'll have to replace both WR's and the FB, who I believe was a 2 year starter.  Defense, we have a few linemen returning, a  2 years starting and 2 time all district Linebacker returning as well.  Strength will be the secondary.  We have a Safety and a CB that will be 3 year starters and who are listed in the top 50 juniors in their class and position (and 1st team all district )returning.  The secondary and the offensive backfield will be the strengths of this Silsbee team...

16 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

QB is gone and will me missed.  But some good O-Linemen returns.  We'll have to replace both WR's and the FB, who I believe was a 2 year starter.  Defense, we have a few linemen returning, a  2 years starting and 2 time all district Linebacker returning as well.  Strength will be the secondary.  We have a Safety and a CB that will be 3 year starters and who are listed in the top 50 juniors in their class and position (and 1st team all district )returning.  The secondary and the offensive backfield will be the strengths of this Silsbee team...

QB will definitely be missed, and I didn't see anything that even remotely resembled a Varsity QB in the program.

RB's will be the strength of the Offense and as long as your not playing Carthage the Secondary should be able to hold up.

The key to Silsbee's success will be how good the O-Line and D-Line are.