Former Mustang (WOS)

WOS1986

Hello everyone,

My name is Terrell Brittain and I am deaf. I want to tell you how I feel and need express my feeling as well. I suppose to graduate with class of 1998. I went to West Orange Stark in 1994-1996 and played football and baseball. You don't have to read this if you don't like to read long message! Haha

You might wonder why my user is WOS1986. Let me explain why. When I was little boy and went first state championship WOS vs. McKinney in 1986 that how I remembered. After that, my dad keep take me to watch WOS every Fridays and I told him that my dream is to play Mustang with silver and blue helmet on me.

I went to Texas School for the Deaf in Austin, TX. I realized that there is Deaf world and impact my life that who I am and reason why I have been success with my career. I am professor at University of Houston to teach American Sign Language for Interpreting program. I am proud what I done and pride deaf myself. I marry to deaf wife and had precious 2 kids who are hearing but they know the sign language that can communicate with us which is amazing. I am happy man and enjoy to continue great journey with many more years later. My wife really love to attend WOS game even she never attend WOS and really enjoy to watch football games. 

Sometime, I feel regret that I left without say goodbye or let them know to my friends, players, teachers, and coaches. I played nose guard in defense. In 1994 freshman year, first practice at football was so amazing and coaches allow me to play since most people think deaf can’t play anything which is not true and I prove coaches that I can play. I ended up play junior varsity team after only 2 or 3 games for freshman team because I play so hard and like animal tackle quick. In 1995 sophomore year, practice on the field somehow coach T call my name to play with varsity group then I suddenly shock and not play well myself that is not who I am then coach put me back to junior varsity team again because I was not ready. When I arrived home and I was so mad and upset myself because I was so close to varsity team. Coach call my name to be part of this team for playoff and I was so thrilled about that and I never forget that game which is against LaMarque  in 1995 and lost 7-18. I was so hurt bad and pissed off after that game because I see Sias, Lock, Feathers, and Bernard that they were hurt and want win so badly. One day, Lock and Bernard came to me and chat that we will win state champion in 1997 with our classmate so I agreed with them and make me so fire up and goal. However, I ended up went to Austin school.

I never forget that game in 1997. My team (Austin school) got out of the playoff before Thanksgiving so that Thanksgiving week I went to home and asked my brother to take me to watch WOS vs. LaMarque in the playoff. When I arrived and saw my boys during warm up and was hurt myself because I suppose to play with them. When LaMarque open drive and ran the wide open hole middle on WOS defense. I was so pissed off and sick about that and wish that I played that. Maybe or maybe not, if I played and it could be a little different game because I will big fire up and animal as monster to hit hard LaMarque.

I will always bleed in silver and blue no matter what! Even I live in northeast of Houston and still attend watch WOS in Orange that take me 1 and half hours to drive but worth and show my loyal to them. When I can't go then I always look this website to see follow up the score. I really enjoy to see my old friends.

Please do not critique my grammar English cause English is my second language while ASL (American Sign Language) is my first language. That is reason why I don’t post much after I saw sometime people post and insult their language or poor in English. Everyone treat same equal and its human.

I want thank WOSgrad and kicker that encourage me to post and express my feeling and tell who I am so now everyone know who I am.

Sorry for LONG message that you had to read. It is worth for me to tell my feeling now I feel better. Please share with anyone who doesn’t have this account.

Go Mustangs!!!

2 hours ago, WOS1986 said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Terrell Brittain and I am deaf. I want to tell you how I feel and need express my feeling as well. I suppose to graduate with class of 1998. I went to West Orange Stark in 1994-1996 and played football and baseball. You don't have to read this if you don't like to read long message! Haha

You might wonder why my user is WOS1986. Let me explain why. When I was little boy and went first state championship WOS vs. McKinney in 1986 that how I remembered. After that, my dad keep take me to watch WOS every Fridays and I told him that my dream is to play Mustang with silver and blue helmet on me.

I went to Texas School for the Deaf in Austin, TX. I realized that there is Deaf world and impact my life that who I am and reason why I have been success with my career. I am professor at University of Houston to teach American Sign Language for Interpreting program. I am proud what I done and pride deaf myself. I marry to deaf wife and had precious 2 kids who are hearing but they know the sign language that can communicate with us which is amazing. I am happy man and enjoy to continue great journey with many more years later. My wife really love to attend WOS game even she never attend WOS and really enjoy to watch football games. 

Sometime, I feel regret that I left without say goodbye or let them know to my friends, players, teachers, and coaches. I played nose guard in defense. In 1994 freshman year, first practice at football was so amazing and coaches allow me to play since most people think deaf can’t play anything which is not true and I prove coaches that I can play. I ended up play junior varsity team after only 2 or 3 games for freshman team because I play so hard and like animal tackle quick. In 1995 sophomore year, practice on the field somehow coach T call my name to play with varsity group then I suddenly shock and not play well myself that is not who I am then coach put me back to junior varsity team again because I was not ready. When I arrived home and I was so mad and upset myself because I was so close to varsity team. Coach call my name to be part of this team for playoff and I was so thrilled about that and I never forget that game which is against LaMarque  in 1995 and lost 7-18. I was so hurt bad and pissed off after that game because I see Sias, Lock, Feathers, and Bernard that they were hurt and want win so badly. One day, Lock and Bernard came to me and chat that we will win state champion in 1997 with our classmate so I agreed with them and make me so fire up and goal. However, I ended up went to Austin school.

I never forget that game in 1997. My team (Austin school) got out of the playoff before Thanksgiving so that Thanksgiving week I went to home and asked my brother to take me to watch WOS vs. LaMarque in the playoff. When I arrived and saw my boys during warm up and was hurt myself because I suppose to play with them. When LaMarque open drive and ran the wide open hole middle on WOS defense. I was so pissed off and sick about that and wish that I played that. Maybe or maybe not, if I played and it could be a little different game because I will big fire up and animal as monster to hit hard LaMarque.

I will always bleed in silver and blue no matter what! Even I live in northeast of Houston and still attend watch WOS in Orange that take me 1 and half hours to drive but worth and show my loyal to them. When I can't go then I always look this website to see follow up the score. I really enjoy to see my old friends.

Please do not critique my grammar English cause English is my second language while ASL (American Sign Language) is my first language. That is reason why I don’t post much after I saw sometime people post and insult their language or poor in English. Everyone treat same equal and its human.

I want thank WOSgrad and kicker that encourage me to post and express my feeling and tell who I am so now everyone know who I am.

Sorry for LONG message that you had to read. It is worth for me to tell my feeling now I feel better. Please share with anyone who doesn’t have this account.

Go Mustangs!!!

See this what I'm talking about when I say people like him knows what it means to wear the wos logo. It is never given always earned, we have i our share of problems but its our school and we take pride in our school and love our school. Great post buddy I love every word of it. Over 30 years Orange tx threw hate out and brought love in and combined a powerhouse and that wouldn't have happen without people like mr brittain again great post.

1 hour ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

See this what I'm talking about when I say people like him knows what it means to wear the wos logo. It is never given always earned, we have i our share of problems but its our school and we take pride in our school and love our school. Great post buddy I love every word of it. Over 30 years Orange tx threw hate out and brought love in and combined a powerhouse and that wouldn't have happen without people like mr brittain again great post.

Thanks and appreciate that!

Man awesome post! Forget what anyone has to say... Maybe you should look into starting or joining a program that inspires deaf children to play sports and not worry about what others think! Everything happens for a reason and the big man upstairs does not make mistakes! Everyone is unique and should have the opportunity to play sports and compete! Congrats on your accomplishments sir!!

22 hours ago, WOS1986 said:

Hello everyone,

Go Mustangs!!!

Reading your post was very touching. Thank you for posting it. From a PN-G fan

23 hours ago, WOS1986 said:

Hello everyone,

Go Mustangs!!!

Terrell that was a great post my brother. I can say first hand it was a honor playing the game we both love together. You inspired me as well as others in your determination to be the best at everything you did. You sure are bringing back some old memories lol .... Glad your doing well and would love to meet up one day soon so we can catch up and I can meet your family. Once you bleed blue and silver no matter where you end up you will always bleed blue and silver ....  

Rusty Bernard 

On 2/7/2018 at 7:55 PM, WOS1986 said:

Hello everyone,

Go Mustangs!!!

What a fanraric post.  Please don’t be a stranger around here.  A sincere thank you for sharing. 

On 2/8/2018 at 7:33 PM, RB said:

Terrell that was a great post my brother. I can say first hand it was a honor playing the game we both love together. You inspired me as well as others in your determination to be the best at everything you did. You sure are bringing back some old memories lol .... Glad your doing well and would love to meet up one day soon so we can catch up and I can meet your family. Once you bleed blue and silver no matter where you end up you will always bleed blue and silver ....  

Rusty Bernard 

My pleasure brother! Let's do it and enjoy chat about memories. I would love for you to meet my family. Thanks brother!

On 2/7/2018 at 7:55 PM, WOS1986 said:

Hello everyone,

Go Mustangs!!!

Awesome post Terrell! Told you nothing to worry about brother! Lol. It was an honor to have you as my teammate and friend. You also made another great decision...your a Cougar now...go Coogs!!! I remeber how coach T had a soft spot for you, not because you had a hearing impairment, but were a monster at football!! No one was upset you left bud. I bet the infrastructure at the new school helped you get where you are now. Nothing against WOS, but I don’t believe we had the resources you needed with your situation. Notice I don’t call it a “disability”, it’s not. With your story and where you are now, I don’t see anything that held you back! Was it a harder road? Probably. Does that make you better for how hard you worked? Absolutely!! Just like another poster said, God doesn’t make mistakes, he put you where you are for a reason and that reason is to teach and mentor others that have the same daily situations you did! Anyways, keep posting brother!! And thanks for reminding me about the ‘97 LaMarque game!!! I remeber I pinned them deep on the kickoff.....next play, Goynes was past the secondary before we knew he had the damn ball!!! I just got over that loss about 2 weeks ago, now It will take another 20 years....lol, just kidding!!

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:55 PM, WOS1986 said:

Hello everyone,

Go Mustangs!!!

One of the best post I've read. What an inspirational story. Thanks for sharing!

Tony Dallas