Port Arthur Memorial 54 Nederland 20/FINAL

WOSgrad

If a team only has one really good player, it's a lot easier to hold him down.  Sabine Pass has #2 (I don't know his name), but he's the best 2A player in the area, imo.  That didn't stop Evadale from putting a severe whipping on them.  Plus he fouled out, partly because he was having to help teammates out on defense.  Kids a gamer, but one.real good player is easy to bottle up.

11 hours ago, REBgp said:

If a team only has one really good player, it's a lot easier to hold him down.  Sabine Pass has #2 (I don't know his name), but he's the best 2A player in the area, imo.  That didn't stop Evadale from putting a severe whipping on them.  Plus he fouled out, partly because he was having to help teammates out on defense.  Kids a gamer, but one.real good player is easy to bottle up.

You are correct in that he's the best 2A player in the area. As far as fouling out because he was helping out is incorrect. He fouled out after a cheap foul and  being assessed a technical foul for not letting #22 of Evadale  get away with calling him a racial slur. Until that point the score was 45-38 and Evadale looked like they had a fight on their hands. So after a  5 pt swing made it a 12pt game. Sabine Pass fell apart. Check the film.

4 hours ago, Spyder53 said:

You are correct in that he's the best 2A player in the area. As far as fouling out because he was helping out is incorrect. He fouled out after a cheap foul and  being assessed a technical foul for not letting #22 of Evadale  get away with calling him a racial slur. Until that point the score was 45-38 and Evadale looked like they had a fight on their hands. So after a  5 pt swing made it a 12pt game. Sabine Pass fell apart. Check the film.

Wish I knew how to look at film.  Is there someplace online?  That young man is as good as I've seen at this level.  I haven't heard anything about that technical, so the only thing I'll say is I hope it didn't happen like that.  I've lived here 7 years and never once have I heard any kid use a racial slur.