Port Arthur Memorial 54 Nederland 20/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I know memorial is very good. What happened?  

Maybe I need to skip next Tuesday finale if the Titans are pounding the bulldogs into the ground.

I heard that Memorial didn't bring consistent pressure until the second half.  They means they played laxed defense in the first half.  AND Nederlands star player's 3 points were 3 free throws.  No FG's...

22 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I heard that Memorial didn't bring consistent pressure until the second half.  They means they played laced defense in the first half.  AND Nederlands star player's 3 points were 3 free throws.  No FG's...

Awful night offensively for Nederland. Hefner had 4 points, all from the foul line. The Titans did a great job of making Hefner pass the ball and bottling him up all night. He did not attempt but a handful of shots. Ned played a good first quarter and trailed 10-8, but went ice cold the rest of the game. The Titans are very impressive and their size athleticism dominated Ned all night long. 

So much more to the game for an individual player than how many points a kid scored. SMH. Everybody thinks because a kid is a top recruit that said kid should avg 20 + points a game. I’m sure their are kids with better talent in the 10th grade, but do they have high GPA’s, top of the class, good teammate, not selfish, etc etc. some kids can drop 30+ points a game, but play no defense, cancer in locker room and don’t listen to coach etc etc. way more than just a stat line. Brady B is correct

56 minutes ago, kingjames said:

Remember being the top recruit don’t make you the best in that class are area just saying coach

You are correct. But I dont think there is one with more potential in his class in this area. Silsbee has the best player in that class, but his height might hurt his recruitment. I hope not though because the kid can flat out play and is a great teammate and a great young man. He will make heck of a college ball player. Recruitment in basketball is based off of potential. A kid being 6'4-6'5 that can dribble, shoot, defend, and is a great teammate, and has the grades is a gamble most college coaches will take!

46 minutes ago, OneChance said:

So much more to the game for an individual player than how many points a kid scored. SMH. Everybody thinks because a kid is a top recruit that said kid should avg 20 + points a game. I’m sure their are kids with better talent in the 10th grade, but do they have high GPA’s, top of the class, good teammate, not selfish, etc etc. some kids can drop 30+ points a game, but play no defense, cancer in locker room and don’t listen to coach etc etc. way more than just a stat line. Brady B is correct

Yes yes yes 

1 hour ago, OneChance said:

+1000, some ppl just like to feel validated with some of the stupid ishhh they say. But this is the world we live in janitors telling doctors what they should be doing in the operating room because they watched Trauma:Life In the ER 

8 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

+1000, some ppl just like to feel validated with some of the stupid ishhh they say. But this is the world we live in janitors telling doctors what they should be doing in the operating room because they watched Trauma:Life In the ER 

LMAO!!!!

Nail on the head. 1000% true.

49 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I knew it wouldn't be long until the arse kiss faithful arrived.  *clap, clap* 

When the writing is on the wall, people get into their feelings.  Anyway, on to the next game...

Just FYI, I have never seen the kid play. My statement was directed at you but more because of observation due to every game you ask for his stat line and everybody gives you points scored and you leave it at that. You come across to me as a bitter parent who thinks their kid posses or posed more talent but doesn’t or didn’t get the same recognition and talk. I’m sure I’m completely wrong, but as a complete outsider and observer of this message board that is the feeling I get. I’m sure being he is a soph he is 15 or 16 years old, just let the kid ball out and be happy for him or any kid no matter where he/they end up at.

38 minutes ago, OneChance said:

Just FYI, I have never seen the kid play. My statement was directed at you but more because of observation due to every game you ask for his stat line and everybody gives you points scored and you leave it at that. You come across to me as a bitter parent who thinks their kid posses or posed more talent but doesn’t or didn’t get the same recognition and talk. I’m sure I’m completely wrong, but as a complete outsider and observer of this message board that is the feeling I get. I’m sure being he is a soph he is 15 or 16 years old, just let the kid ball out and be happy for him or any kid no matter where he/they end up at.

I think you also hit the nail on the head.  It’s so obvious it’s gotten embarrassing for him.  He just doesn’t realize it 

It's a shame, and borderline sad, that an adult (and I use that term loosely) stalks these threads in anticipation for a 15 year old kid to have an off night or just not show up. What's got you so butt-hurt about this kid that people feel like they need to give you his stats every night, or you go and find them yourself after you find out they have a 20 pt final. Get outta your feelings and get outta here son. Take your keyboard and go somewhere else. 

18 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I knew it wouldn't be long until the arse kiss faithful arrived.  *clap, clap* 

When the writing is on the wall, people get into their feelings.  Anyway, on to the next game...

Offers and a the opportunity to get a free education speaks for its self. No Arse kissing about it!