Ex-Ozen star Tony Brown invited to NFL Combine

DannyShapiroBE

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I have a bad feeling that once he’s out from under Saban’s watchful eye he’s gonna have a hard time keeping it together. 

I hope he proves me wrong. 

Good luck. 

Saban's had quite a few players slip out from that watchful eye the past few years. I think Tony will be fine.

On 2/6/2018 at 2:04 PM, CardinalBacker said:

I have a bad feeling that once he’s out from under Saban’s watchful eye he’s gonna have a hard time keeping it together. 

I hope he proves me wrong. 

Good luck. 

You always have something negative to say about Tony Brown.  Why can't you just say congrats and leave the negative stuff out.

He is 6'0 and around 200 lbs. and he can flat out fly.

If his other measurable's (vertical, standing broad jump and 3 cone drill) numbers are as exceptional as his 40 time (4.4 something) then I expect he will be drafted in rounds 3-5. He has played the nickel corner (safety) position at Alabama so he understands coverage's and the NFL does NOT shy away from someone who likes to talk a little trash.

34 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

He is 6'0 and around 200 lbs. and he can flat out fly.

If his other measurable's (vertical, standing broad jump and 3 cone drill) numbers are as exceptional as his 40 time (4.4 something) then I expect he will be drafted in rounds 3-5. He has played the nickel corner (safety) position at Alabama so he understands coverage's and the NFL does NOT shy away from someone who likes to talk a little trash.

I don't know that the trash talking is what CB was referring to.

He is probably referring more to this:

This is the hidden content, please

and this:

and this:

To his credit, Tony during his senior year kept his nose clean and showed himself as a leader, which, in combination with the stats that you noted, should keep his draft stock high.  However, the above articles probably dictate that the most treacherous part of Tony's combine experience will probably be he interview portion of it.

That being said, I wish him a world of success both at the Combine and in the NFL for as I have said before, from Winnie to Orange from Newton down to High Island, we are all represented by him.

To act like Tony didn't cause problems for himself at Bama is a little crazy. That being said, it looks as though the immature chapter is behind him. I am behind him and I hope the SETX area is behind him as well.

Wishing nothing but the best for him and I hope I can tell my kids next year, "See that guy there, he is from here"..

20 hours ago, workbootz said:

You always have something negative to say about Tony Brown.  Why can't you just say congrats and leave the negative stuff out.

Just look at it like this... when you’re  all watching TB play on Sundays, know that I’m watching, too, and it kills a little bit of my soul every time he makes a big play. 

1 hour ago, pride at impact said:

Make no mistake about it, that's exactly what your hoping for! Failure.  

Who says that I’m supposed to blindly support anybody, just because they were raised near to my geographic location?

Thats always the common argument... “why do you say bad things about _______? He’s from the area! 

Well, ______ just got arrested for wrasslin’ a cop. Or maybe _______ got a DUI. Maybe it’s a kid who just failed out before the playoffs. Maybe it’s a kid that sucker punched some other kid in front of 32 cameras. 

There’s nothing more damaging for a talented athlete than an adoring fan base that will forever see no wrongdoing on the part of that athlete because of his/her athletic abilities. And that’s not just athletes, either. It’s true of all kids. 

21 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I found nothing wrong with his post.  His post was how he felt. He did state he hopes he's proven wrong.  And he's right.  Tony has came a long way...

C'mon man the topic is about TB invited to NFL combine.  How about congrats TB and not "I have a feeling he's gonna have a hard time getting it together."  How can you see nothing negative about that statement.  We all know his problems he had.

4 minutes ago, workbootz said:

C'mon man the topic is about TB invited to NFL combine.  How about congrats TB and not "I have a feeling he's gonna have a hard time getting it together."  How can you see nothing negative about that statement.  We all know his problems he had.

I took it as he remembers the past problems that he's had and hopes he's learned...  And hopes he's wrong and he flourishes in the NFL with no other issues arising.  I know CB have said some ill stiff, but that ONE comment, I don't think he meant it as a knock...

On 2/8/2018 at 0:11 PM, WOSgrad said:

Completely understood.  I tend to do that myself the majority of the time.

Is cb the same guy that said he thought bridge city was to be wos in 2016 because the group be them in the 7th grade, and wos proved him  wrong by 55 points when it should have been 80 to nothing. The young man probably took a long look in the mirror one night and said it's time to straighten up.

2 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Is cb the same guy that said he thought bridge city was to be wos in 2016 because the group be them in the 7th grade, and wos proved him  wrong by 55 points when it should have been 80 to nothing. The young man probably took a long look in the mirror one night and said it's time to straighten up.

Yeah.... I said that. What kind of fan would I be if I went around predicting my team would lose? 

In all fairness, we have a decent squad every few years. That particular year we had one of the best BC squads that we’ve seen since we ALMOST beat WOS in 2012, I think. The bad news is that we had a good squad for BC at the same time WOS had one of the best squads in Tx HSFB. That’s just the breaks, though. 

In retrospect, that WOS team should have been good for a 2 or 3 TD victory over us. With all of the extracurricular BS caused by our team in the buildup and the subsequent suspension of some of our kids, you had a demoralized BC squad facing a hyper-motivated WOS squad and the score is what the score was. I’m not saying that the outcome would have been any different without all of our self-inflicted distraction(s), but I think the game would have been a little more competitive. The hangover from that beat down held over through the next week in which we sleep-walked through a similar beatdown by a unusually weak Newton team that eventually lost out to Arp in the 3rd round.  Fortunately we had two consecutive bye weeks and rebounded to win our first DC in years before losing a close game in the 3rd round. 

And as far as 80-nothing, if those WOS kids could have scored 80, they would have. The chain gang held when they needed to, but still gave up over a hundred yards rushing to Draper. We even missed a chip shot field goal after we drove the field. It absolutely wasn’t our night. And like I said, even if it was our night, I’m confident we still would have probably lost by 3 TDs. 

My favorite part of that season (my kid’s senior season) was the game against Silsbee in BC. Not because we won a nail biter over a really strong Silsbee team, but because a number of WOS players were there on their bye week in the BC stands, cheering us on. If you weren’t a part of either of our communities, you probably can’t imagine how big of an impact that whole series of events had on our season and on our players and communities. 

While people from the outside like to bash us over the events of that week, they’ll never understand the profound impact and lessons learned through that particular series of events and the character displayed by so many in addressing the issue. 

Anyways, it’s all history now. 

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah.... I said that. What kind of fan would I be if I went around predicting my team would lose? 

In all fairness, we have a decent squad every few years. That particular year we had one of the best BC squads that we’ve seen since we ALMOST beat WOS in 2012, I think. The bad news is that we had a good squad for BC at the same time WOS had one of the best squads in Tx HSFB. That’s just the breaks, though. 

In retrospect, that WOS team should have been good for a 2 or 3 TD victory over us. With all of the extracurricular BS caused by our team in the buildup and the subsequent suspension of some of our kids, you had a demoralized BC squad facing a hyper-motivated WOS squad and the score is what the score was. I’m not saying that the outcome would have been any different without all of our self-inflicted distraction(s), but I think the game would have been a little more competitive. The hangover from that beat down held over through the next week in which we sleep-walked through a similar beatdown by a unusually weak Newton team that eventually lost out to Arp in the 3rd round.  Fortunately we had two consecutive bye weeks and rebounded to win our first DC in years before losing a close game in the 3rd round. 

And as far as 80-nothing, if those WOS kids could have scored 80, they would have. The chain gang held when they needed to, but still gave up over a hundred yards rushing to Draper. We even missed a chip shot field goal after we drove the field. It absolutely wasn’t our night. And like I said, even if it was our night, I’m confident we still would have probably lost by 3 TDs. 

My favorite part of that season (my kid’s senior season) was the game against Silsbee in BC. Not because we won a nail biter over a really strong Silsbee team, but because a number of WOS players were there on their bye week in the BC stands, cheering us on. If you weren’t a part of either of our communities, you probably can’t imagine how big of an impact that whole series of events had on our season and on our players and communities. 

While people from the outside like to bash us over the events of that week, they’ll never understand the profound impact and lessons learned through that particular series of events and the character displayed by so many in addressing the issue. 

Anyways, it’s all history  it was 80 the called at Least 2 touchdowns back and one of the year I played we hung 65 on bc and got fuss at for giving 15 points to a p e class I don't passing rushing stats etc, the only stat thet matters to me is the w and L 

4 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:
17 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Anyways, it’s all history  it was 80 the called at Least 2 touchdowns back and one of the year I played we hung 65 on bc and got fuss at for giving 15 points to a p e class I don't passing rushing stats etc, the only stat thet matters to me is the w and L 

There’s more to life than Ws and Ls, my friend. 

Were you playing the year Dan Hooks got the officials to postpone the 2nd half of a game until the next day because the wet field was slowing the Mustangs down and they were losing to the PE kids?

We’re just snakebit as far as the Mustangs go. Even when we miraculously end up in a close game with you guys we still find a way to lose. There’s no way y’all beat us 28 times in a row... but y’all have. It’s like losing to your big brother over and over and over and over. 

But one day we’ll get ours. It’s gonna be sweet. That’s why we keep showing up every year.  Maybe not this year... but one year. Lol. 

Take it easy. 

On 2/10/2018 at 10:52 PM, CardinalBacker said:

There’s more to life than Ws and Ls, my friend. 

Were you playing the year Dan Hooks got the officials to postpone the 2nd half of a game until the next day because the wet field was slowing the Mustangs down and they were losing to the PE kids?

We’re just snakebit as far as the Mustangs go. Even when we miraculously end up in a close game with you guys we still find a way to lose. There’s no way y’all beat us 28 times in a row... but y’all have. It’s like losing to your big brother over and over and over and over. 

But one day we’ll get ours. It’s gonna be sweet. That’s why we keep showing up every year.  Maybe not this year... but one year. Lol. 

Take it easy. 

Come on now!! Same excuse i hear ov t and over again!! It was lightening!!! Bad!! Hooks was with us in the locker room, not talking or trying to sway the refs! The refs made the call because it wasn’t going to get better for a couple of hours and didn’t want us playing past midnight, even if the storms moved through! Trust me, I was there!!