Colts LB Killed by......

Tigers2010

10 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

No the premise, as I understood it, is deport all illegals and problems with DWIs is solved..   That's not true.

The premise, as I understand it, is that the Liberals portray ALL illegal immigrants as hard working, law abiding, wannabe citizens that do nothing but improve the value and prosperity of this country. Stories like this seem to be suppressed by the Liberal media, and are in dire need of more exposure. Nobody on the Right is trying to make the argument that all illegals are bad, or that deporting all illegals will solve all of our problems. That is a fallacy perpetuated by Liberals. It is amazing that so many have fallen for this outright lie. But then again, Man-Made Global Warming is also a very popular deception...so, nevermind.

There is a bigger issue here that is an interesting debate.  A good friend of mine was kidnapped by 3 illegals last year from his home.  The first went to trial a couple of weeks ago and got 60 years.   Let’s say for argument’s sake he will do 30.   Under our system, he will do his time and then be deported.  

Here is the question:  do you prefer he serve his sentence under our justice system to ensure his punishment and pay for said punishment?  Or do you just deport him even if he receives no punishment in his own country (which I believe is Honduras).   The knee jerk reaction is send them back and don’t make them our problem.   But if you are the victim or his family, you want justice.  But justice is meant to be meted out by the impartial.  Tough question and I am torn.  In this case, glad he’s in prison because I have an emotional attachment to it.  But what say you guys?

10 hours ago, Englebert said:

The premise, as I understand it, is that the Liberals portray ALL illegal immigrants as hard working, law abiding, wannabe citizens that do nothing but improve the value and prosperity of this country. Stories like this seem to be suppressed by the Liberal media, and are in dire need of more exposure. Nobody on the Right is trying to make the argument that all illegals are bad, or that deporting all illegals will solve all of our problems. That is a fallacy perpetuated by Liberals. It is amazing that so many have fallen for this outright lie. But then again, Man-Made Global Warming is also a very popular deception...so, nevermind.

Your first sentence says a lot.  How can one be illegal, but yet be called law abiding?  These liberals have absolutely fell off their rockers.

11 hours ago, Kountzer said:

You need another hobby.  Get off this message board & go out and breathe some fresh air.

Why are you trying to suppress my first amendment rights? Why are you so intolerant of people who don't think exactly like you do? Why are you such a wannabe bully? Why you mad? Don't bother attempting a weak answer...we already know.

10 hours ago, TxHoops said:

There is a bigger issue here that is an interesting debate.  A good friend of mine was kidnapped by 3 illegals last year from his home.  The first went to trial a couple of weeks ago and got 60 years.   Let’s say for argument’s sake he will do 30.   Under our system, he will do his time and then be deported.  

Here is the question:  do you prefer he serve his sentence under our justice system to ensure his punishment and pay for said punishment?  Or do you just deport him even if he receives no punishment in his own country (which I believe is Honduras).   The knee jerk reaction is send them back and don’t make them our problem.   But if you are the victim or his family, you want justice.  But justice is meant to be meted out by the impartial.  Tough question and I am torn.  In this case, glad he’s in prison because I have an emotional attachment to it.  But what say you guys?

I haven't given this topic very much thought, or tried to weight the pros and cons, so my stance is not firm. But my initial feeling is to do as our current system says...lock them up until sentence is served, then deport.

I don't know if our current system has this, but I would be in favor of adding mandatory prison sentences (followed by re-deportation) to anyone caught illegally in our country that has already been deported, and even longer mandatory sentences if the illegal has previously been convicted of a crime in the U.S. I'm not a big fan of mandatory sentences, but I don't think I would object to setting them for these cases. Again, this is just initial thinking and I would need to ponder the subject more before advocating a hard stance.

20 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I would prefer not to pay $50k+ a year to keep this guy in prison in the US, but it’s a tough call.  You send him home, he gets out and comes back to the US in a few years without ever serving time.  Honduras doesn’t want him either so they won’t be much help.   

This is one reason why we have to increase border security whether it be a wall or whatever.  Your boy Obama’s “catch and release” policy is what got Jim kidnapped.  

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

would prefer not to pay $50k+ a year to keep this guy in prison in the US, but it’s a tough call.  You send him home, he gets out and comes back to the US in a few years without ever serving time.  Honduras doesn’t want him either so they won’t be much help.  

This is one reason why we have to increase border security whether it be a wall or whatever.  Your boy Obama’s “catch and release” policy is what got Jim kidnapped.  

It really is a tough call.  I’ve put a lot of thought in it and I still struggle.  I lean toward making them serve and then shipping them out but I definitely see the other side as well.  

Some interesting copy and paste on the topic:

The Guardian’s investigation into Central American migration patterns and the fate of those deported from the US to be returned to their countries of origin (13 October) correctly reported that “

This is the hidden content, please
”, but failed to point out Washington’s complicity in the circumstances giving rise to appalling murder rates such as those of the Honduran city of San Pedro Sula where there are 1,200 homicides a year.

Six years ago, the reformist government of President Zelaya held out some hope for the poor peasant farmers of Honduras until he was 

carried out by military officers trained in Georgia at the notorious School of the Americas, with the tacit support of Barack Obama and his then secretary of state, Hilary Clinton, who were carrying on a long tradition of US intervention and interference in the region.

The aftermath of the coup and the fraudulent elections that followed it presaged a wave of repression where journalists, trade unionists and human rights defenders were attacked, tortured, murdered and disappeared. The World Bank, underwritten by the US, Canada and the UK, gave and continues to give cheap loans for large landowners to grow cash crops for export on lands stolen from small farmers who are simply left to starve. Power and wealth in 

reside in an elite who benefit from political, military and economic relations with the US and Canada, which see the republic as little more than a resource to be exploited by their transnational companies, with scant regard for its beleaguered inhabitants.
Bert Schouwenburg
International officer, GMB

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

It really is a tough call.  I’ve put a lot of thought in it and I still struggle.  I lean toward making them serve and then shipping them out but I definitely see the other side as well.  

I have an uncle that Retired from law enforcement years back.  He would tell the story of them having to bring illegals back from time to time.  They would drive to Mexico, drop them off, then stay the night and party in the border town.  On the way home the next morning they would pass the guy up that they just dropped off.  The illegal got back across the border before they did.  We have to do something to keep them from coming across before any kind of amnesty can be granted.  

On 2/7/2018 at 6:41 PM, Kountzer said:

No the premise, as I understood it, is deport all illegals and problems with DWIs is solved..   That's not true.

I'll clear it up. The premise is, deport all illegals, because it is the law. Any time an illegal kills an American citizen, that is a life that would have been saved had we not condone illegal immigration.

On 2/7/2018 at 10:13 PM, TxHoops said:

I prefer he serve his time in a U.S prison, then be deported upon release. If he is just deported, he will be back in 3 months.

38 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I prefer he serve his time in a U.S prison, then be deported upon release. If he is just deported, he will be back in 3 months.

27 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I agree.  Serve whatever punishment he has here, then be deported.  

That’s pretty much what seals it for me.  I also would be in favor of enhancements on regular sentencing for illegals.  They should have stiffer sentences imo.