11-4a-1

LCMAlumtiger32

11-4A-I

#1Lumberton should wind district (gets upset by LC-M)

#2 Huffman

#3 LC-M

#4 Bridge CIty

#5 Livingston

#6 Spendora

I really have not seen Livingston or splendora play since we had them in district. I believe the top 4 teams can beat them. LC-M will be a young team, and hopefully can just reach the playoffs and hopefully be competitive. Cardinal Backer will have to give us some in put on them Cardinals this year. Hopefully the injury bug wont hurt them in the 2018 season. I think Huffman will turn things around this season. Lumberton probably coming in at the best time while everyone is young. 

I’m not real certain about the Cardinals this year. I’m less connected to the team than I have been in years. I know that we lost a lot of key personnel after the 2016 season, then got absolutely devastated by injuries last year. 

I saw a few positives for the coming year... Dubois has created an absolute army of kids who want to be one of the Cardinal RBs. Hopefully fb Lara has the kind of season that we expected from him last year. Ply looked really good when called up for action last year. It seems like we’ve lost a lot of key pieces on defense this year.  

The whole question to me is whether the kids are in the weight room right now handling their business. You have successful football seasons because of the work you do in the offseason. I’m not sure if these kids want to win football games or just have their senior picture made with a letterman jacket. Time will tell. 

Huffman Also has lost some key players this year, but we do have alot coming back this year.. I think if we get average QB play this year we could make it to the playoffs again.  Our D should be on par with last years if not a little better.  

1. Lumberton

2. Huffman

3. B.C.

4. LCM

5. Splendora

6. Livingston

Of course, I’m predicting a Cardinal DC, so I have it.

1. BC 

2. Lumberton 

3. LCM

4. Livingston Lyin’s

5. Huffman

6. Splendora 

All jokes aside, it’s anybodys district. I also think that the eventual DC will not run the table. I’m also not convinced that there will be a absolute doormat at the bottom of the district, either. 

19 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Of course, I’m predicting a Cardinal DC, so I have it.

1. BC 

2. Lumberton 

3. LCM

4. Livingston Lyin’s

5. Huffman

6. Splendora 

All jokes aside, it’s anybodys district. I also think that the eventual DC will not run the table. I’m also not convinced that there will be a absolute doormat at the bottom of the district, either. 

I agree that nobody runs the table. But i still think Lumberton is the class of the District and Livingston and Splendora just don't have the dudes to make the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I dont know anything about Lumberton. According to maxpreps they were 4-5 last season so what makes them the district favorite? Did they drop down?

Yes, they dropped down.  They competed the best that they could dispute being one of the smaller 5a schools I'm district for quite a few years.  

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

I dont know anything about Lumberton. According to maxpreps they were 4-5 last season so what makes them the district favorite? Did they drop down?

Lumberton,  I think returns a lot while others in district are going to be young. Lumberton football history has only made the playoffs 3 times. There girls basket ball team is good though

1 hour ago, LC-M said:

Lumberton,  I think returns a lot while others in district are going to be young. Lumberton football history has only made the playoffs 3 times. There girls basket ball team is good though

Seems like this is the best year for us to drop down. Hopefully will be a morale boost and momentum builder for the program that Babin has going in a great direction 

Lumberton has a good coach that uses a system that probably works best with the athletes they have. If your a small school that runs a decent wing-T, there’s nothing as aggravating as a much bigger school that runs a decent wing-t. 

Fwiw I expected LCM to roll year in and year out once they dropped down.... except they haven’t. I suppose Lumberton could have the same results. 

Three of the six teams in this district are dropping down from 5A. Splendora, Livingston, and Lumberton are all joining LCM who recently dropped to 4A. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Lumberton has a good coach that uses a system that probably works best with the athletes they have. If your a small school that runs a decent wing-T, there’s nothing as aggravating as a much bigger school that runs a decent wing-t. 

Fwiw I expected LCM to roll year in and year out once they dropped down.... except they haven’t. I suppose Lumberton could have the same results. 

Three of the six teams in this district are dropping down from 5A. Splendora, Livingston, and Lumberton are all joining LCM who recently dropped to 4A. 

You’ve got a good point. Dropping doesn’t automatically equal dominance 

12 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yes, but LCM got stuck with Navasota and Silsbee.

There are NO Navasota's and NO Silsbee's in this district. Splendora and Livingston are below average athletically and neither is coached exceptionally well.

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

Yes, but LCM got stuck with Navasota and Silsbee.

There are NO Navasota's and NO Silsbee's in this district. Splendora and Livingston are below average athletically and neither is coached exceptionally well.

Very true. We are 2-2 against Silsbee the last 4 years 1-1 against Navasota. But the folks that LCM imo struggles with is Huffman 1-3 the last 4years. For some reason tI don’t know why but I feel that they give us us the most problems. We should never lost last season to them.

4 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Very true. We are 2-2 against Silsbee the last 4 years 1-1 against Navasota. But the folks that LCM imo struggles with is Huffman 1-3 the last 4years. For some reason tI don’t know why but I feel that they give us us the most problems. We should never lost last season to them.

I don't have an explanation for that, are you getting out-coached by Huffman?

LC-M should not struggle with Livingston (they don't have the athletes they did 5-6 years ago) or Splendora. 

13 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I don't have an explanation for that, are you getting out-coached by Huffman?

LC-M should not struggle with Livingston (they don't have the athletes they did 5-6 years ago) or Splendora. 

Last year we were out coached. They blitzed every play in the middle of the line and it seem the coaching staff never adjusted. We had some turnovers that cost us the game. Huffman did a great in stopping our offense which imo is not hard to do. Yes I remember when Livingston was good I think one year we 2 over times with them and it was high scoring 

3 hours ago, LC-M said:

2-2 to BC, too, I think. 

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The first one was a bad experience in Stump’s farewell season, and last year wasn’t a bad game even though we were banged up. I wish I had a better feel for what to expect from my Beloved Bridge City Tackle Football Cardinals in 2018. 

Imo LCM-BC games will always be tuff. Most people think WOS is our rival game but BC is really is

• 8 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, LC-M said:

11-4A-I

#1Lumberton should wind district (gets upset by LC-M)

#2 Huffman

#3 LC-M

#4 Bridge CIty

#5 Livingston

#6 Spendora

I really have not seen Livingston or splendora play since we had them in district. I believe the top 4 teams can beat them. LC-M will be a young team, and hopefully can just reach the playoffs and hopefully be competitive. Cardinal Backer will have to give us some in put on them Cardinals this year. Hopefully the injury bug wont hurt them in the 2018 season. I think Huffman will turn things around this season. Lumberton probably coming in at the best time while everyone is young. 

I need to apologize to Splendora for having them 6th place. but I was right about LCM lol