Beaumont Ozen 51 Port Arthur Memorial 59/FINAL

WOSgrad

20 hours ago, The Unknown said:

So how much do you know about Paul or Thomas how do you know that they don't what it takes to run a program like that? And how do you figure that they are not ready!!!!! IMO both take good care of their programs on and off of the court.

I know them MUCH better than you may realize. Let's just wait and see what happens. Hint: if either of them were going to be seriously considered for this spot, it would have been announced and closed at this point. Just wait, you will see. Boutte HAS been officially approached about the situation and has indicated that he is making no decisions until this season ends. They are both good guys, and are doing a good job in their respected positions, and I wish nothing but the best for them both and they both know that.

21 hours ago, The Unknown said:

So how much do you know about Paul or Thomas how do you know that they don't what it takes to run a program like that? And how do you figure that they are not ready!!!!! IMO both take good care of their programs on and off of the court.

I agree ,people just love to talk either would be a very good choice ,i hope they get this right and go young we don’t need a coach who is just gonna be here 3-4 yrs...

22 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

I agree ,people just love to talk either would be a very good choice ,i hope they get this right and go young we don’t need a coach who is just gonna be here 3-4 yrs...

Going "young" is DEFINITELY not the answer for this job. How about they go QUALIFIED AND PROVEN. What is wrong with that choice?

We've had proven Coaches around here for over 10 yrs & 1 Championship. Not to discredit the Championship, but many don't realize how hard of a task that is to accomplish. Some programs make it look easy ( Mighty PA Lincoln Bumblebees) My honest opinion, I think they should hire one of the 2 Local Basketball Coaches & put the other on his Staff because they've worked together as Assistants in the past, they know All of the kids. That would help the Merging process along much smoother. I'm not against New Coaches, just thinking of the kids & the transition. Coach Thomas is definitely at the top of any Candidate list. One of the Greatest Basketball minds I've ever encountered

Hiring the right coach for the new created school isnt rocket science. One of the best qualified/proven coaches in region 3 resides in Beaumont. I think the ball is in his court. I respect any decision making on his part until seasons end. The history of this district settling for less or not the best in the hiring process has cast a dark cloud over progress. The kids and the program will prosper which will help bonding the once rival schools. I have nothing against younger for the record. However given the option to get a program changer/builder I'll take the program changer/builder over young. jmo

1 hour ago, panther blue said:

Nothing against a younger coach , however a QUALIFIED and PROVEN coach has a better chance within his 3 or 4 years to have a team competing for a State Championship . You build it and they will come . ijs

I disagree with your implication that a young coach can’t also be qualified.  Both of these younger coaches seem qualified to handle the job.  Why not get someone who will be around for awhile to see the program develop. 

My final analysis on the hiring of the best qualified applicant for the head coach position goes as follows. To prevent all the negative talk and second guessing of favoritism or its appearance by hiring either of the current head coaches, hire the best proven/qualified applicant that applies.With that said good luck to all that apply. Some cant handle the truth

and the truth is this new start program needs a coach with fire,vigor,discipline,knowledge and a proven success record. I want debate young vs old i will discuss proven and best qualified...The best qualified may not apply we shall see...  

It's sure nice to have all this Rhetoric & Prerequisites for the hiring of a Coach for the Merger. Honestly, the qualities mentioned above are exactly what we need in our Principals, Teachers, Counselors, Board Members, & Community Leaders to give our kids the Greatest opportunities in the "Real World".  I've Challenged myself years ago after moving to Beaumont on how can I help make my Community better. Can't wait for others to fix our problems, we must do it ourselves. BISD has problems, but so does everyone else. I pay taxes here & this is where All of my kids will Graduate & go to College. It gets frustrating at times dealing with a lot of the issues with BISD, but like the Qualifications we seek for in a Coach, I posses as a Parent, so when times get tough, I call a timeout & evaluate the issue & make the proper adjustment. That's how 4 kids from BISD can attend & Gradute College. Closing, I would like to say there is no need to keep dwelling on the past, the future is Bright.