Silsbee 107 Hamshire-Fannett 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

13 hours ago, Turn back the clock said:

Interesting comment.  I think I remember Kirbyville football hanging several 50+ point victories over the last 10 years.  But, you are right, it looks like it has already started to catch up with the Wildcats. I bet Newton is praying for no hurricanes this year...

50 points with a running clock the whole second half. Little different in basketball when you just beat the same team like 119-18 two weeks ago then by 94 in the second game. 

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

There was a running clock in 2nd half in this game.

Running clock or not you know the game is out of hand at halftime and there are ways to prevent a team from being embarrassed and Silsbee did that not once but twice this year. You don’t accidentally beat a team by 90 plus twice. 

13 hours ago, Turn back the clock said:

Interesting comment.  I think I remember Kirbyville football hanging several 50+ point victories over the last 10 years.  But, you are right, it looks like it has already started to catch up with the Wildcats. I bet Newton is praying for no hurricanes this year...

Yea they should beat us but remember it’s a 2nd year we are licking our chops at. We stepped up when it looks like nobody else is. 

24 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Running clock or not you know the game is out of hand at halftime and there are ways to prevent a team from being embarrassed and Silsbee did that not once but twice this year. You don’t accidentally beat a team by 90 plus twice. 

Give us some examples of ways to prevent a team from being embarrassed? Keep in mind that the opposing coaching staff in this game was very adamant about wanting no "sympathy" play from Silsbee in neither game.

32 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Give us some examples of ways to prevent a team from being embarrassed? Keep in mind that the opposing coaching staff in this game was very adamant about wanting no "sympathy" play from Silsbee in neither game.

Don’t play your starters, don’t press, slow down the pace and play a zone defense. The coach of the opposition may not want any sympathy but I can guarantee parents in the stands weren’t very happy neither were school administrators 

6 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Don’t play your starters, don’t press, slow down the pace and play a zone defense. The coach of the opposition may not want any sympathy but I can guarantee parents in the stands weren’t very happy neither were school administrators 

All this was done. Silsbee played their starters 1st Q, did not press and played zone defense in 2nd half. 3rd string played the bulk of the 2nd half.

H-F players and their parents made comments to Silsbee's team about how classy they were. As you see, the assistant coach took it upon himself to go to social media and express how classy Silsbee was in this game. I'll take the word of those involved over someone who hasn't a clue about what happened in this game.

Amen..Not much a coach can do.  He got plenty of good minutes for players who don’t get near as many in other games.  Including 2 who were just added to the varsity.  He is getting this tram ready to make a big playoff run.  He could have definitely let those players press in the second half to get them used to what they will need to do if called upon but he didn’t. You aren’t going to tell those players to just stand out there and learn bad habits.  Even in that zone or half court set Hf had problems ever getting a good shot.

53 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

I do feel very sorry for HF,I do...but what you're failing to realize is this Silsbee team is trying to repeat,starters need to put the work in to stay sharp and prepared.They can't really afford to not play a whole lot,to win it all you have to keep getting better!

It’s not Silsbee coaches job to not embarrass a team, It is HF coaches job to teach his team how to play defense so that they don’t get embarrassed! If the HF boys got embarrassed, hopefully it taught them a lesson to put in some extra work in the off-season like the Silsbee boys do. They are High School kids, don’t think it will ruin the rest of their lives. That is part of the every kid gets a trophy mentality. They lost got their butts kicked, get over it, work harder and come back next year and take your best shot.

1 hour ago, OneChance said:

It’s not Silsbee coaches job to not embarrass a team, It is HF coaches job to teach his team how to play defense so that they don’t get embarrassed! If the HF boys got embarrassed, hopefully it taught them a lesson to put in some extra work in the off-season like the Silsbee boys do. They are High School kids, don’t think it will ruin the rest of their lives. That is part of the every kid gets a trophy mentality. They lost got their butts kicked, get over it, work harder and come back next year and take your best shot.

The irony is it’s not HF who is complaining.  Probably because they were actually at the game.  The people I’ve seen complain have no connection with either school, and were nowhere near the game.  Some people just need a reason to complain, I guess.  This started with a nice (and from what I understand from those in attendance) and well deserved compliment from a Hamshire-Fannett coach.  

44 minutes ago, fox said:

there is a big difference between acting right because that is who you are and acting right because you are on probation.

When each team treat each other with respect this is what you get. When each team trash talks to each other, guess what.........Just like any team. Silsbee Will give everyone respect, that is who we are.