12-5A D2 Predictions

Bigdog

On 2/5/2018 at 3:33 PM, jayhawk said:

I think Dayton will be the "dark horse" in the new district this season. We return the best of our skill players on offense and on defense we have a backfield that will literally lay the wood on you - I heard there will be a defensive coach change so hoping for improvement. We were competitive last season-- (except for Crosby and even had them down two TD's in the 1st quarter )  came up short in a lot of games just by not playing smart football. We should of beat the Hill but a last second missed field goal spoiled that.  We had a ton of injuries last year  and I know thats part of football . Hoping our HC in his 3rd season has figured somethings out and finds a acorn this year.

I agree.  I heard Dayton had a lot of injuries.  Defense will be solid with Zach pike and rj orebo floating around both of which are being heavily recruited.  Orebo is being courted by a few major D1 programs.  Looking forward to next season 

On 2/16/2018 at 3:07 PM, GCMNation5 said:

Calvin Ran pretty will in our 21-6a district against some not so great defenses even when they knew thats all Sterling was throwing at them.  Against North Shore and Atascocita he ran for 76 yards combined and 1,790 against everyone else lol..

Doucette is cleared. However, Calvin Hill transferred back to Sterling Monday. Feels like a tough loss for a kid that never suited up. 

On 2/16/2018 at 2:53 PM, Cougtalk said:

Guess it's time to put the cow out to pasture aye? 

I said they were the best offense in Crosby's history and that first playoff game typified that statement. 

Final Rankings mean nothing 

Hmm, I now see why people mock you on these boards. I mean yea totally a top 150 player in the country who needs that really... 

I agree if we have another d1 running back coming up we won't miss Craig... We don't currently. 

Howard is not RJ. Howard can be very good if he plays within the system. RJ is a once in a decade talent. 

Howard makes solid decisions with the football. He has an accurate arm and is pretty good. 

He's not Kellen Haynes and Crosby doesn't have any Phillip Beck's either. 

Ironic given I had a front row seat to two years of Hayes and Beck. 

Literally two years ago.  Netherly, Craig, Patterson, all the Dbacks on that team were extremely fast. Our team speed is not going to be as quick, but that really doesn't prove anything. 

Yes, Woodard is a burner? Like do you see what you type? Dudes gonna be a great route runner and possession receiver that's why his nickname is "Little Witten". I get it why people think you have zero clue of what you're talking about. 

**unrelated point.**

if Calvin Hill is at Crosby and gets cleared that would be a huge boon for the Cougars and would definitely set us up to play with anyone in the district that kid is extremely good. 

You said multiple times the '17 team was the best in school history and kept putting up some contrived metric to try to prove it. I'm sure there still several of those post on here to be found. Now you're crawfishing saying you just were talking about the offense which is bs, ALL you talked about was where Maxpreps had Crosby ranked vs the '13 team's final ranking.  

Craig is ranked 348th in the country, what the heck are you talking about a top 150 player in the country? The most dominant back and maybe player to ever put on pads at Crosby was Austin Walter who ran for over 6,000 career yards and was ranked 984th overall in the country. Who needs that? Obviously we didn't because Craig and Austin's best years we have a combined total of 1 playoff win. We got 4 in '14 with two juco backs and Craig only running for 900 yards. We NEVER have D1 backs until somebody offers them and decides thy're D1. We didn't have any D1 receivers until New Mexico offered Patterson either. Kind of a duh statement coming from a teacher.

You probably had a front row seat to Haynes and Beck because you couldn't play. No Howard isn't Haynes, as a prospect Howard is better. Haynes was 5-10 pocket passer with average mobility which is why after going in the THSF record books he still signed with North Texas and couldn't really make any headway there. Howard will sign with a G5 school just like Haynes did and will have a higher recruiting grade when he does. Dude, Beck was a 5-7 slot receiver that probably averaged 15 targets per game. You don't got for over 2,200 receiving yards and still go to juco if you're truly on that level. Crosby has had numerous slot receivers under Riordan who could've done what Beck did in that style offense, namely kids like Vernon Allen and Teryl Wiley.

Where do you get off talking about a kid not playing within/not within the system? Do you have any experience calling plays under Riordan? That's one of the most asinine statements I've seen you make on here. As far as overall single season statistics season go Howard has the second best behind Haynes' year. If he stays healthy he's going to set all the career passing records at Crosby next year. 247sports individual rankings dropped RJ down to a 3-star prospect even after the season he had, that's all I'm going to say about that. I wish him well. 

When I speak of team speed I'm talking about the entire team, even the kids that will be rotating in. Funny how you mention Netherly and Craig with those other guys yet the current 4x100 team with Doucette and Clay is the one .4 or .5 off PAM state leading time, not the one with Perry and Pickney. You're over here talking about Woodard who's going probably going to struggle to stay on the field with the addition of Doucette and the emergence of Ayala, who can fly, as long as he holds on to the ball. As always, my points will be proven during the season. 

People mock you when they run out of ammunition to prove their point, kind of like your posts. After that it slowly moves to disdain for you posting facts and statistics that prove you stance. One thing I know is that your team evaluations are further off than any other Crosby poster on this site.      

20 hours ago, Bbfan1988 said:

I agree.  I heard Dayton had a lot of injuries.  Defense will be solid with Zach pike and rj orebo floating around both of which are being heavily recruited.  Orebo is being courted by a few major D1 programs.  Looking forward to next season 

What do you consider being heavily recruited. I don't even see a 247 page for either. They usually create one for you if you're even on enough FCS team's radar. I do see Orebo is committed to Sam Houston as a power forward for basketball though. 

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What do you consider being heavily recruited. I don't even see a 247 page for either. They usually create one for you if you're even on enough FCS team's radar. I do see Orebo is committed to Sam Houston as a power forward for basketball though. 

You are right Cougar 14.2!!! What was I thinking.  Rumors, Rumors, Rumors

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You said multiple times the '17 team was the best in school history and kept putting up some contrived metric to try to prove it. I'm sure there still several of those post on here to be found. Now you're crawfishing saying you just were talking about the offense which is bs, ALL you talked about was where Maxpreps had Crosby ranked vs the '13 team's final ranking.  

Craig is ranked 348th in the country, what the heck are you talking about a top 150 player in the country? The most dominant back and maybe player to ever put on pads at Crosby was Austin Walter who ran for over 6,000 career yards and was ranked 984th overall in the country. Who needs that? Obviously we didn't because Craig and Austin's best years we have a combined total of 1 playoff win. We got 4 in '14 with two juco backs and Craig only running for 900 yards. We NEVER have D1 backs until somebody offers them and decides thy're D1. We didn't have any D1 receivers until New Mexico offered Patterson either. Kind of a duh statement coming from a teacher.

You probably had a front row seat to Haynes and Beck because you couldn't play. No Howard isn't Haynes, as a prospect Howard is better. Haynes was 5-10 pocket passer with average mobility which is why after going in the THSF record books he still signed with North Texas and couldn't really make any headway there. Howard will sign with a G5 school just like Haynes did and will have a higher recruiting grade when he does. Dude, Beck was a 5-7 slot receiver that probably averaged 15 targets per game. You don't got for over 2,200 receiving yards and still go to juco if you're truly on that level. Crosby has had numerous slot receivers under Riordan who could've done what Beck did in that style offense, namely kids like Vernon Allen and Teryl Wiley.

Where do you get off talking about a kid not playing within/not within the system? Do you have any experience calling plays under Riordan? That's one of the most asinine statements I've seen you make on here. As far as overall single season statistics season go Howard has the second best behind Haynes' year. If he stays healthy he's going to set all the career passing records at Crosby next year. 247sports individual rankings dropped RJ down to a 3-star prospect even after the season he had, that's all I'm going to say about that. I wish him well. 

When I speak of team speed I'm talking about the entire team, even the kids that will be rotating in. Funny how you mention Netherly and Craig with those other guys yet the current 4x100 team with Doucette and Clay is the one .4 or .5 off PAM state leading time, not the one with Perry and Pickney. You're over here talking about Woodard who's going probably going to struggle to stay on the field with the addition of Doucette and the emergence of Ayala, who can fly, as long as he holds on to the ball. As always, my points will be proven during the season. 

People mock you when they run out of ammunition to prove their point, kind of like your posts. After that it slowly moves to disdain for you posting facts and statistics that prove you stance. One thing I know is that your team evaluations are further off than any other Crosby poster on this site.      

You are crazy annoying. You are always talking about your stats and facts for your one and done team. He saysbas always his points will be proven in season. Unless you predicted easy outs for Crosby, then as far as im concerned you just talking fluff.

Now i honestly dont like png but infollow roschon. You got beat by a png team that dont even utilize the RB position. No craig williams wasnrunningnout the backfield. They only threw the ball and ran roschon.

Literally only two things could have happened and that was qb keeper or a pass. Only one PNG wr is being recruited and it aint even the one who had the 4 tds. Wack arse. 

Funny thing is didn't new caney do the same thing? 

Go away Skip Bayless.  Your stupid is messing with my fishing trip. Flip it anyway you want to Crosby will probably have the most put together team in this district and it very likely will count for nothing. But the uniforms are pretty.

I hope png, ned, and the rest knock y'all off early to spare me reading about your early exit again in the papers.

On 2/22/2018 at 0:16 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Objectively False 

Example "The two unbeaten district champs go down in the last day of the season.    Leading to the game of offense, the two best offenses in the region face off.    Neither can play defense so i predict 77-80 final score.    For Crosby to fall to this seed BH had to lose to Porter, Kingwood Park had to win, and Crosby had to lose.    VYPE said Stallworth at 7pm needs confirmation." 

Actual quote from me about PNG- Crosby game. 

More importantly, learn to read. 

On 2/22/2018 at 0:16 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

290, not sure why you are explaining what a D1 prospect is. Howards a good QB but not a top-flight recruit. I don't even have to defend that the metrics exist. As you put above it's about what the recruiters and college coaches think. What top flight Junior QB is without a major offer? 

Roschon's a Texas commit. Done finished, toasted over. 

As far as the running back debate it's close but I'll still take Craig over Austin even after seeing all 4 years of both of those backs. Austin didn't have elite speed but had elite quickness and good speed was a great back. 

On 2/22/2018 at 0:18 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Cougtalk just talk just sit on the visitors side this year smh

3 hours ago, BellBiz30 said:

Not bad for a young man that didnt have 247 profile :)

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

This is the hidden content, please

For anybody who needs to know lol

3 hours ago, BellBiz30 said:

Not bad for a young man that didnt have 247 profile :)

Well his profile was just created on the day they offered, but this is great. 

8 minutes ago, CCbigfan said:

Well his profile was just created on the day they offered, but this is great. 

Posting the link to his profile was mainly in jest. I can't believe A&M even offered a kid that 247 hadn't made a profile for. (Jest as well). I would call an offer from A&M "heavily recruited" though. It is funny. Some people on here, with their infinite wisdom..