Woodville

EC

Buna

Orangefield 

Kirbyville

Anahuac 

Hardin

Warren

Woodville returns their entire starting backfield, 3 starting offensive linemen, 1 tight end on offense. Starting safety, 1 starting corner, both middle linebackers, 2 starting outside linebackers, 2 starting d-linemen on defense. EC will be tough, but I like Woodville's chances at the 3-peat.

Guest ECBucFan

In years past, EC won multiple District Championships and played into the 3rd round several times. Two years ago when EC (plus Anahuac and Hardin) were realigned west into District 12, hopes were high, as EC was competing in a weak district. Unfortunately, things did not go well, as EC only made playoffs 1 of 2 years, went 1-1 in the Rice Bowl vs. H-F, and only had one first round win vs.a 3rd place Buna team to show for it all. Now, things have changed and EC is back!

Last years team was over hyped, but there is no hype now because this years team is the real deal. The '18 Bucs will be talented and deep. With a high octane offense and a shut down defense, along with an indoor practice facility, turf field, and an elite coaching staff, the '18 Bucs are poised to rip through this district, and play football after the Thanksgiving holidays. In fact, with Kountze, H-J and H-F filling out the schedule, EC just might run the table. Glad to be back playing our old friends again! Go Bucs!   

6 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Woodville

EC

Buna

Orangefield 

Kirbyville

Anahuac 

Hardin

Warren

Woodville returns their entire starting backfield, 3 starting offensive linemen, 1 tight end on offense. Starting safety, 1 starting corner, both middle linebackers, 2 starting outside linebackers, 2 starting d-linemen on defense. EC will be tough, but I like Woodville's chances at the 3-peat.

What about QB? Because that’s is Woodvilles weakness

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

What about QB? Because that’s is Woodvilles weakness

As far as I'm aware, the same QB will start this fall. I wouldn't say he has been a weakness. I'd say say the lack of diversity on offense has been the weakness. He did a good job at managing the offense and doing what he was asked to do. It's hard to learn to become a gunslinger if your offense gives you little-to-no opportunity to learn how to do so. 

QB, RB, RB, OC, OG, OG, OT, TE returning on offense.

DE, OLB, OLB, MLB, MLB, C, S returning on defense. 

29 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I agree with aTm on this one we must find someone who can spin a ball, and we do have several who can. So putting the right person there will be no problem , can’t worry about hurt feelings. Just do what is right for the team.

I'm not disagreeing with that at all, trust me. That is a very true statement. I just think our rushing attack, along with our defense, are both good enough to beat out EC and the rest of this district. Area Round playoffs and beyond is a whole different topic, as we all have learned over the last two years lol 

29 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I just think EC will be a better balanced team . 

I actually agree with you. They will be able to throw the ball better than we can, based on last year's evidence. I just don't see them stopping our backfield behind the offensive line we're brining back. I may be wrong. Definitely wouldn't be the first time. I know one thing for sure though; I'm much more excited about the competition in this district than I was last year's. Lol 

4 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I actually agree with you. They will be able to throw the ball better than we can, based on last year's evidence. I just don't see them stopping our backfield behind the offensive line we're brining back. I may be wrong. Definitely wouldn't be the first time. I know one thing for sure though; I'm much more excited about the competition in this district than I was last year's. Lol 

Yeah there will definitely be more competition in the district overall. 

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Is Orangefield losing a lot or something? 

Orangefield is graduating a couple of lineman who have started the past 3 years but have a good group coming back. We’ll be in the hunt. 

I’m just glad we’re back where we belong even if it is just for 2 years.