Newton Football - 2018 Schedule

Under Par

This post stinks.. Why start a topic that only serves to stir up dislike between two good teams and two good programs. The coaches have their reasons for their schedules to be like they are. WO-S is not scared of playing anyone and neither is Newton. Newton and WO-S are not scared of losing. Sometimes a loss to a strong team is good .

I am a Newton supporter but also support WO-S. Don't judge Newton by what a few Eagle fans post. I assure you, Newton is not trying to schedule WO-S because they think they are better, or can beat them nest year,because WO-S will be good next year.

Newton is definitely not trying to schedule Carthage because they think they are better. Newton is trying to get away from the mickey mouse losers by BC.

I have trouble believing that any of the coaches on that Newton staff asked an anonymous poster to come on a message board and slander some of the most prominent programs in the state. There are only three names that come to everyone's mind and they are all men of character and certainly not keyboard warriors.

Guys. I am by no means trying to slander these top tier 4A programs. I have not once said that these teams are scared to play Newton. I have not once said that Newton will beat these programs. All i did was state what went on yesterday morning. All i did was mention that Newton tried to schedule these teams and all of them did not agree to it for their own reasons. These teams are power house programs year in and year out. I respect and root for WOS every single year. All of these sensitive posters are twisting everything up! If you think that i am one of the many dumb Newton posters that are illiterate and just want to stir up the pot, then you're wrong by long shot. I do not think that these top 4A teams are scared to play Newton at all, but i do believe that they're worried that they will lose to a 3A school. If you think i got on here to call out teams, then you are very sensitive. There is no reason for Newton to have a 7 game schedule at this point when you have great programs around the area. They are trying to play teams around here so they don't have to travel 3 to 4 hours for a pre-season game. 

I find it difficult to buy your proclamation of innocence, as within the very post in which you claim to do so, you proceed to write this:

1 hour ago, Under Par said:

I do not think that these top 4A teams are scared to play Newton at all, but i do believe that they're worried that they will lose to a 3A school.

You know, two years ago I didn't hear a chorus of "Newton is scared of us" when Newton refused to play.  In fact, no mention was EVER made about it until Coach Johnston made his admission in the Enterprise last year.

But you see, this is just another reminder that words and actions have consequences, and yes, WO-S' refusal IS a consequence of those words of last year and those actions of a couple of years ago.  I think the coach you claim to be doing bidding for can confirm that for you if he wants to give an ACCURATE rendition of the facts as they occurred yesterday. 

It is unfortunate as a game that I believe helps both teams will go 4 straight years without being played. But before you go off again (only to backtrack as you have just done, yet taking another swipe in doing so), you may want to consider that the reason that Newton does not have at least an eighth game lies as much in the Newton athletic offices as anywhere.   Don't blame WO-S, Carthage and Gilmer for that.

25 minutes ago, bradyb said:

Last year Newton's team could have played with Carthage. I think Carthage would win but it would be a game. This is my opinion and honestly no way to prove it OR prove otherwise. 

My opinion...you need to tap the brakes a little bit on that assumption.  I think it would've been 35-7 Carthage..AT LEAST.

58 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I find it difficult to buy your proclamation of innocence, as within the very post in which you claim to do so, you proceed to write this:

You know, two years ago I didn't hear a chorus of "Newton is scared of us" when Newton refused to play.  In fact, no mention was EVER made about it until Coach Johnston made his admission in the Enterprise last year.

But you see, this is just another reminder that words and actions have consequences, and yes, WO-S' refusal IS a consequence of those words of last year and those actions of a couple of years ago.  I think the coach you claim to be doing bidding for can confirm that for you if he wants to give an ACCURATE rendition of the facts as they occurred yesterday. 

It is unfortunate as a game that I believe helps both teams will go 4 straight years without being played. But before you go off again (only to backtrack as you have just done, yet taking another swipe in doing so), you may want to consider that the reason that Newton does not have at least an eighth game lies as much in the Newton athletic offices as anywhere.   Don't blame WO-S, Carthage and Gilmer for that.

I respect everything that you said and i respect everything that you do for this site. Thank you, Sir. 

35 minutes ago, bradyb said:

Yes sir everyone is entitled to their opinion! I can understand it also. That Carthage offense was scary

And not taking anything away from Newton.  Awesome team with speed and talent to spare.  But Carthage was fast too...and big, and deep, etc.  Football is just so much more about numbers than any other sport.  And you're talking about the BEST team in a level 3 classifications higher than Newton was in.  There's no doubt Newton would fight hard and probably be in a dogfight for a little bit.  I just think it would eventually get away from them.  If I were a betting man I'd bet on 4TD+ victory.