Newton Football - 2018 Schedule

Under Par

30 minutes ago, REBgp said:

It's hard to believe that two months ago, virtually everyone on the Forum was pulling for WOS & Newton to win State.  Now it's attack attack attack.  Primarily because of a couple of absurd post, or misinterpretation of other post.  No, no way, Newton beats Carthage last year.  That's a one sided victory.  No, no way, WOS is scared to play anyone (2014 3pt loss to 5A Foster 9-2, and KIPP the last two years, arguably one of the worst teams with the biggest cajones in the state).  Let's get over all this, and get ready to back both WOS & Newton in the coming season.  I just hope Evadale doesn't fill one of Newton's open dates :) 

Don’t be such a baby it’s football and it’s all in good fun , these forums were created to talk noise not make cupcake comments 

If Newton beats WOS and Gilmer convincingly next year, then Newton Fan can feel free to speculate about who “they would have beaten” after next season. Facts are facts... Newton didn’t face a team anywhere near as good as these two at any point last year. 

As Ric Flair said.... “to be The Man, you’ve got to at least play somebody who was worth a crap before you start bumping your gums.” Or something like that. 

20 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

If Newton beats WOS and Gilmer convincingly next year, then Newton Fan can feel free to speculate about who “they would have beaten” after next season. Facts are facts... Newton didn’t face a team anywhere near as good as these two at any point last year. 

As Ric Flair said.... “to be The Man, you’ve got to at least play somebody who was worth a crap before you start bumping your gums.” Or something like that. 

Your obsession and jealousy is quite amusing...

25 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

They did beat the breaks off Bridge City so guess that kinda cancels out you talking any kinda smack about Newton lol

6 hours ago, Back2swag said:

Don’t be such a baby it’s football and it’s all in good fun , these forums were created to talk noise not make cupcake comments 

Cupcake comments?  Trying to referee a bunch of loons being keyboard ninjas?  Lol, and I did state Newton wanted no part of Carthage, and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to start a thread on Curling in the Winter Olympics.

2 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

I wish this would go away.

Yes EAGLEFOREVER, it got crazy.  And understand, when I said Carthage would've beat y'all fairly easy, that's not knocking the Eagles, that's just the nature of the beast.  Newton doesn't have to beat them, they only have to beat the teams in their classification.  Go Eagles!

7 hours ago, REBgp said:

Yes EAGLEFOREVER, it got crazy.  And understand, when I said Carthage would've beat y'all fairly easy, that's not knocking the Eagles, that's just the nature of the beast.  Newton doesn't have to beat them, they only have to beat the teams in their classification.  Go Eagles!

I know it is not a knock on the Eagles. Carthage was a beast. I saw them play.

3 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

I know it is not a knock on the Eagles. Carthage was a beast. I saw them play.

Out of likes, so +1,000

And Carthage - must be the water up there.  Much like Newton & WOS, GOOD YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR.  Their Coach Surratt (sp?) is a good one.  Have a friend up there, so I keep an eye on their games.  If they get behind by half, him & his staff do some serious adjusting.  By the end of the fourth, they put a whipping on ya.  Not many staffs That Good at that.

On 2/15/2018 at 11:56 AM, One4All said:

SMH...... Newton 

Coward to a Man........ true power houses are confident every year, 

No way in the world you are serious?!

Or maybe you are, and just happen to be jealous of Newton, or worse, completely delusional of high school football.

Newton don’t cower to anyone.  You are basically claiming Curtis Barbay, and WT Johnston are afraid of competition!  Insane and asinine!

I’m glad the two best teams in SE Texas, and both have been for nearly 40 years will face each other.  Newton or WOS won’t be running scared of anyone!

6 hours ago, MackLewis said:

No way in the world you are serious?!

Or maybe you are, and just happen to be jealous of Newton, or worse, completely delusional of high school football.

Newton don’t cower to anyone.  You are basically claiming Curtis Barbay, and WT Johnston are afraid of competition!  Insane and asinine!

I’m glad the two best teams in SE Texas, and both have been for nearly 40 years will face each other.  Newton or WOS won’t be running scared of anyone!

What do you  mean jealous....lol 

Im Just stating facts.....  Newton was a coward last realignment that is a fact...  Newton believes they are men this realignment,Fact .....  .. true Powerhouse football teams are Confident  every year, Fact...     #domorereading

6 hours ago, One4All said:

What do you  mean jealous....lol 

Im Just stating facts.....  Newton was a coward last realignment that is a fact...  Newton believes they are men this realignment,Fact .....  .. true Powerhouse football teams are Confident  every year, Fact...     #domorereading

So Newton, who 2 years ago, was very young, full of sophomores is a coward for not scheduling a senior laden team coming off 2 state title appearances?  Not to mention a team 2 classes higher?

You don’t know much.  Why isn’t WOS calling Aledo, Manvel, Calallen, or some other 5A powerhouse 2 classes above them?  

If WOS is held to the same standard as Newton, or whichever team you vow to follow, why aren’t they scheduling 5A state powers?

Newton don’t cower, and never has.

9 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

So Newton, who 2 years ago, was very young, full of sophomores is a coward for not scheduling a senior laden team coming off 2 state title appearances?  Not to mention a team 2 classes higher?

You don’t know much.  Why isn’t WOS calling Aledo, Manvel, Calallen, or some other 5A powerhouse 2 classes above them?  

If WOS is held to the same standard as Newton, or whichever team you vow to follow, why aren’t they scheduling 5A state powers?

Newton don’t cower, and never has.

Excuses excuses...... facts are facts.... WOS took a young Team   and played two classifications up Richmond Foster,  and then try to reschedule them the next realignment and they decline.... trust me I can name  other higher classification that declined also.... #Domorereading 

"Newton don’t cower, and never has".lol False statement alert...everone already knows They did.... true powerhouses are confident every year...  Smh

What was the score of the WO-S Richmond Foster game? Did that make WO-S any less of a powerhouse in their division? No it did not and if WO-S and Gilmer beat Newton that will not make Newton any less of a powerhouse in their division. Most Newton people are supporters of WO-S (except when we play each other). We have great respect for WO-S.

21 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

What was the score of the WO-S Richmond Foster game? Did that make WO-S any less of a powerhouse in their division? No it did not and if WO-S and Gilmer beat Newton that will not make Newton any less of a powerhouse in their division. Most Newton people are supporters of WO-S (except when we play each other). We have great respect for WO-S.

And I think you will find the same for WO-S fans toward Newton.  But when you have certain Newton announcers (yes, I know one of them is part of the Newton announce team) and players (lest you think otherwise, please check young Mr. Brown's twitter timeline) start running their mouths about WO-S, you can expect blowback to occur.

I am glad the game will occur and, regardless of the outcome, I think both schools will be better for it.

On 2/19/2018 at 1:53 PM, WOSgrad said:

And I think you will find the same for WO-S fans toward Newton.  But when you have certain Newton announcers (yes, I know one of them is part of the Newton announce team) and players (lest you think otherwise, please check young Mr. Brown's twitter timeline) start running their mouths about WO-S, you can expect blowback to occur.

I am glad the game will occur and, regardless of the outcome, I think both schools will be better for it.

Let’s not leave out the WOS “coach” who has a big part in the mouthing on Twitter. I think all are in the wrong but let’s call it both ways here. 

36 minutes ago, Justadude said:

Let’s not leave out the WOS “coach” who has a big part in the mouthing on Twitter. I think all are in the wrong but let’s call it both ways here. 

Oh, yes, I have seen those as well.  But as I am sure you will admit (or you will if you are willing to reveal the truth) his were in response to the above.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Oh, yes, I have seen those as well.  But as I am sure you will admit (or you will if you are willing to reveal the truth) his were in response to the above.

I’ll give you that but you woukd think a “professional” would be smart enough not to get into arguing matches with high school kids on social media.