Newton Football - 2018 Schedule

Under Par

8 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

WO-S runs from no competition. Now let the game speak for itself.

Well... I would put it like this; WOS had to cave in because they couldn't find a week 3 game. With me saying this, that does not mean i just absolutely think Newton will win. I do think it will be a great game. Either team can win this game. 

12 minutes ago, Under Par said:

Well... I would put it like this; WOS had to cave in because they couldn't find a week 3 game. With me saying this, that does not mean i just absolutely think Newton will win. I do think it will be a great game. Either team can win this game. 

I'll tell you what I told the Titan faithful, be careful what you ask for.

13 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I'll tell you what I told the Titan faithful, be careful what you ask for.

I totally agree in most cases. In this case, not so much. I was definitely wishing for this game as well as everyone else that are not from WOS. WOS fans would like to see this game, but they weren't wishing for it. It will be a good one, WOSgrad. The best team will win and who knows who'm the best is. In due time!

14 minutes ago, Under Par said:

I totally agree in most cases. In this case, not so much. I was definitely wishing for this game as well as everyone else that are not from WOS. WOS fans would like to see this game, but they weren't wishing for it. It will be a good one, WOSgrad. The best team will win and who knows who'm the best is. In due time!

Why wouldn't we wish for it???? Are you  insinuating that we we're from y'all? CMON. Once again this is all a respect thing......How the situation started in the first place 

So the Newton world beaters will have 2 losses going into district? It will be good to bring their fans back down to earth. But don't worry, they will run thru 3a D2. Don't think there is any doubt if they are the best team in their division or not. 

This reminds me of the Mighty Carthage Bulldogs fans who used to talk like some of the Eagle fans some years ago. In 2013 Carthage returned pretty much everybody from a team that played in the semi-final in 2012. The 2013 Dawgs had 5 future D1 players including Blake Bogenshutz who passed for 50+ TD in 2013, and Carthage's all time leading rusher. Carthage literally ran thru every 3a team in the state that season. The closest game they played was a 28-14 win over WOS in the R3 final. They went 15-1 that season. The one loss was a pretty bad one. Carthage who was the #1 team in the state in 3a met up with the #3 team in the state in 4a Whitehouse. Whitehouse had a future top 10 draft pick playing QB that year. Mahomes and Bogie had dueled it out in 2012, with Whitehouse winning 29-27. In 2013 this was the biggest game in NETX. #1 vs #3. This was for all the 3a teams that said they could compete with the top of 4a. Carthage came out firing in that game. Went up 39-20 in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Carthage fans thinking they are the best thing since sliced bread. And then the depth of Whitehouse and Pat Mahomes flipped a switch. Whitehouse scored 49 straight points in 1-1/2 quarters. Final score was 69-39. Carthage went on to destroy class 3a. Whithouse finished 12-1 losing in the 3rd round of the 4a D2 playoffs. I have never run my mouth about beating teams from higher divisions since.

Newton going to get some of that this season. It's ok. All the top programs have to be humbled from time to time.

since this game is gonna happen, my opinion is this game will be won in the trenches. D1  talent,all-state and all-district talent and it will still come down to the offensive line vs. defensive front 7. again just my opinion but you have to have athletes to win but if you forget about the trenches , you could get in trouble fast. I have the most respect for West-Orange Starks and if Newton is gonna win another game with them. it could be this year. I just hope with our schedule, we don't get so banged- up we limp into district. Saying that, I had rather Newton go 0-4 with good competitive games ready for district than 4-0 playing weak competition winning by 50 points an not being prepared. We do have some depth but not near the depth of WOS and Gilmer. Probably not even Silsbee , numbers generally don't lie. JMO

10 hours ago, Under Par said:

Newton now has two powerhouse 4A programs on their schedule for next season. Both Gilmer and West Orange Stark will be great games for Newton. I guess all of this smack talk will be determined once and for all next season. 

Other than a little question at QB, we will have 2 to choose from, we will be very good. Lots of talent as always in skill positions, our lines will be much improved as well our defense. Our D got younger and much better later in the season last year. Say what you want but we probably played the 2 state champs as well as anyone. We just laid some eggs when it counted most. Not saying we would have won, but I would have loved to get one more shot at PG in the region finals. We should have won the district game. D let us down with 30 seconds to go. 

6 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Newton should be favored. In the eyes of someone who isn’t a fan of either team and you actually look at what the teams have returning. Some of you need to try and not be such a homer and look at the actual matchup. But then again a lot of “homers” on here 

Hmmm every team was played last has 20 plus seniors  and got delt with, crap doesn't matter 

On 2/2/2018 at 8:50 PM, aTmfan06 said:

When did WOS beat the #1 and #2 teams in the  

It's hard to believe that two months ago, virtually everyone on the Forum was pulling for WOS & Newton to win State.  Now it's attack attack attack.  Primarily because of a couple of absurd post, or misinterpretation of other post.  No, no way, Newton beats Carthage last year.  That's a one sided victory.  No, no way, WOS is scared to play anyone (2014 3pt loss to 5A Foster 9-2, and KIPP the last two years, arguably one of the worst teams with the biggest cajones in the state).  Let's get over all this, and get ready to back both WOS & Newton in the coming season.  I just hope Evadale doesn't fill one of Newton's open dates :)