Newton Football - 2018 Schedule

Under Par

59 minutes ago, Under Par said:

That would be pretty sweet!

With all due respect..... Newton would get their feelings hurt. 

Every few years Newton goes on a rip and dominates the minor leagues and forgets that they're still Newton.  You can hang with a lot of the middle of the road bigger schools, but it doesn't mean you can step up and hang with the elite big schools.    Carthage would have put 40 on Newton this year.  

You said exactly that. Man up. You got called for it. I pull for Newton big time. Truthfully. But, gotta tell ya Hoss. Don’t moonwalk. WOS has never been shy of competition. History check. No fake news. I just know we had to play a PE Class in KIPP for two years. It hurt us. I got your marinate loud and clear. Let’s go SE Texas. Pulling for W.T. to repeat this year. That is complete honesty. I rep SE Texas wherever I go.

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

WOS has the right to shoot down Newton. WOS has tried to get Newton several times over the years. It's no coincidence Newton finally wants a game with them. They wait until they are stacked to want that game. That is not how it works.

I'd swear you were there because as I understand it, this is EXACTLY what Coach Thompson conveyed to Newton when they came calling.

1 hour ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Newton vs Carthage on a Saturday night talk about a money-making event

If by "money-making" you mean that Newton fans would show up and lay waste to a case and a half of smoked turkey legs.  

Newton doesn't travel worth a flip.  Their fans don't leave Newton County until the playoffs start.  

I heard D.R. hooks, around 2002, at the S.E. Texas coaches clinic say he hated to play Newton.  He said they were expected to win, but would come out of the game battered and bruised.  He said he’d rather play PNG, or Nederland.  That was straight out of his mouth.

Surprised Cornel wouldn’t play Newton, but can’t say I don’t blame him.

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

WOS has the right to shoot down Newton. WOS has tried to get Newton several times over the years. It's no coincidence Newton finally wants a game with them. They wait until they are stacked to want that game. That is not how it works.

Wasn’t WOS the one stacked the last realignment, and Newton the young team?  Looks like the pages have turned.

2 hours ago, Under Par said:

Look guys, i am just relaying the message on what all went on today. A very reliable source (important coach on the staff) told me this information so that people really know how hard they're trying to schedule these games and aren't having any luck in doing so.  

And we didn't know that already?   Hattie, who I KNOW to be an important part of the Newton program, has been on here giving the info on the games that Newton needed for a month here.  He repeated that today.  Heck, I forwarded the info about Newton's schedule, put on facebook and put them damned thing in a tweet that I attached a hashtag that meant it was seen statewide.

No, this was a case of Newton fan (AGAIN) who tried to get on this site and run some sorting shaming scam.  Have you ever seen Gilmer's strength of non-district schedule?  How about Carthage?  I'll clue you in, as outstanding a team as the Eagles have this season, for either of those schools to take on Newton would be a PROHIBITIVE drop in their strength of schedule.

I love the Newton Eagles, I hope they kick butt all the way to Arlington and back.

But this constant tugging on Superman's cape is gonna bring you and some of your Newton brethren nothing but embarrassment!

23 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

And we didn't know that already?   Hattie, who I KNOW to be an important part of the Newton program, has been on here giving the info on the games that Newton needed for a month here.  He repeated that today.  Heck, I forwarded the info about Newton's schedule, put on facebook and put them damned thing in a tweet that I attached a hashtag that meant it was seen statewide.

No, this was a case of Newton fan (AGAIN) who tried to get on this site and run some sorting shaming scam.  Have you ever seen Gilmer's strength of non-district schedule?  How about Carthage?  I'll clue you in, as outstanding a team as the Eagles have this season, for either of those schools to take on Newton would be a PROHIBITIVE drop in their strength of schedule.

I love the Newton Eagles, I hope they kick butt all the way to Arlington and back.

But this constant tugging on Superman's cape is gonna bring you and some of your Newton brethren nothing but embarrassment!

Shaming scam haha that’s funny 

35 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

If by "money-making" you mean that Newton fans would show up and lay waste to a case and a half of smoked turkey legs.  

Newton doesn't travel worth a flip.  Their fans don't leave Newton County until the playoffs start.  

the racist returns to trolling Newton posts , jealous of there success , Welcome back . 

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

If Cornel turned him down, it was out of spite. He shouldn't let W.T dictate when they play. Newton was too scared to play WOS when they weren't going to win, and now all of a sudden wants some when he thinks he can win. WOS doesn't need Newton. Newton needs WOS. 

Again, don't play yourself. Neither team needs the other to be successful in their given classifications. To top that off, the two teams just played a two-game series not too long ago where Newton won a game where they were huge underdogs. They decided not to play WOS this last cycle and whether I agree or not is irrelevant. But they've already played other times when a win wasn't assured (a win is never assured playing WOS anyways).

4 hours ago, Under Par said:

Source: Newton Football Coach (I will not state who)

I am by no means saying that these teams are scared to play Newton, but this is 100% factual. Newton's head coach, W.T. Johnston, tried to schedule games with Gilmer, Carthage and West Orange Stark TODAY, and all three teams said no! W.T. has tried to schedule a game with West Orange Stark and Jasper for the last month and he has tried several of times. Just in today, WOS stated that they needed a week 4 & 5 game and Newton tried to schedule and they wouldn't. 

Woodville had to drop their game with Newton. W.T. has tried to schedule games all the way up to Brock and Rockdale, which both have declined. 

So far, it is Kirbyville in week one and Silsbee in week two. 

I received all of this information from a coach today. 

Thanks, 

You gotta lot of negative nerve posting this. WT said he did not want to play WO-S when Jack Dallas was there, but now he's itching to play? How much is your commission check for peddling this "story"? Amateur journalism at its finest. WO-S knows all too well the difficulty of scheduling teams in non-district. WT should have stayed on the schedule when he easily could have. It's no surprise if Coach Thompson says no this time. Good for him. Playing WO-S when you have the convenience of being competitive and declining to play outside of that is not how this works. BTW...WO-S has weeks 4 and 5 filled. Only week 3 is open. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

They’d leave to come watch this I promise you. 

5 hours ago, Under Par said:

Source: Newton Football Coach (I will not state who)

I am by no means saying that these teams are scared to play Newton, but this is 100% factual. Newton's head coach, W.T. Johnston, tried to schedule games with Gilmer, Carthage and West Orange Stark TODAY, and all three teams said no! W.T. has tried to schedule a game with West Orange Stark and Jasper for the last month and he has tried several of times. Just in today, WOS stated that they needed a week 4 & 5 game and Newton tried to schedule and they wouldn't. 

Woodville had to drop their game with Newton. W.T. has tried to schedule games all the way up to Brock and Rockdale, which both have declined. 

So far, it is Kirbyville in week one and Silsbee in week two. 

I received all of this information from a coach today. 

Thanks, 

That is such b s if wos played the number 1 and number 2 teams in the country at one time and beat them might I add why wouldn't they want to play Newton 

4 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Newton could beat Gilmer. Now Carthage idk. But I don’t think it would be a blowout. Definitely not a 40 Point loss like someone thinks

41 minutes ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

once again don't let a few rotten apples spoil the barrel. I don't think anybody is running scared. I've always wanted to play WOS. Win or lose( lost more than we won 1- 7) always could get a good feel about the team from that game.

And some of the biggest Eagle fans outside of Newton wear blue and silver on Friday nights. And no, the ramblings of a couple of idiots won't change that.

But what was this thread about?  We are told by the person who started this was to show how hard the Newton staff was working to put a schedule together.  Really?  Did anyone think for one moment that W.T. Johnston, Steve Fentress or Greg Neece have just been sitting on their thumbs?  If anyone who knows how difficult it is, it is the fans of WO-S who have seen for years their coaching staff go though the same struggles that Newton is facing this year.  Most years, the average Mustang fan would have plenty of sympathy.

But your comrades, one purportedly doing the bidding of a member of the Newton coaching staff and another who is a member of the Newton broadcast team, decided to go and take a swipe at possibly the only school that might really knows what they are going through only to protest that they are really supporters of WO-S. BS!  Given the events of 2 years ago, such words from them are nothing but the height of hypocrisy and believe me, WO-S alum will let their feelings known about it.