Newton Football - 2018 Schedule

Under Par

Source: Newton Football Coach (I will not state who)

I am by no means saying that these teams are scared to play Newton, but this is 100% factual. Newton's head coach, W.T. Johnston, tried to schedule games with Gilmer, Carthage and West Orange Stark TODAY, and all three teams said no! W.T. has tried to schedule a game with West Orange Stark and Jasper for the last month and he has tried several of times. Just in today, WOS stated that they needed a week 4 & 5 game and Newton tried to schedule and they wouldn't. 

Woodville had to drop their game with Newton. W.T. has tried to schedule games all the way up to Brock and Rockdale, which both have declined. 

So far, it is Kirbyville in week one and Silsbee in week two. 

I received all of this information from a coach today. 

Thanks, 

6 minutes ago, Under Par said:

I am by no means saying that these teams are scared to play Newton, but this is 100% factual. Newton's head coach, W.T. Johnston, tried to schedule games with Gilmer, Carthage and West Orange Stark TODAY, and all three teams said no! W.T. has tried to schedule a game with West Orange Stark and Jasper for the last month and he has tried several of times. Just in today, WOS stated that they needed a week 4 & 5 game and Newton tried to schedule and they wouldn't. 

Woodville had to drop their game with Newton. Silsbee is the only preseason game scheduled out of the five thus far. W.T. has tried to schedule games all the way up to Brock and Rockdale, which both have declined. 

Thanks, 

Newbie,,,,, Do some more research, Please

4 minutes ago, wosmustangs said:

When Cornel was begging on his knees for a game to fill that last two years, it was No. We had to play a flag football team in KIPP. Let that marinate. 

I am not disagreeing here. I know that W.T. said no. This is 2018 and would be an awesome game. Let that marinate. 

3 minutes ago, Under Par said:

I am not disagreeing here. I know that W.T. said no. This is 2018 and would be an awesome game. Let that marinate. 

You can't sit around and turn down that game until you think you can win it. Those games should be played every year not just the year Newton is confident they should win.

14 minutes ago, Under Par said:

Woodville had to drop their game with Newton. W.T. has tried to schedule games all the way up to Brock and Rockdale, which both have declined. 

Thanks, 

We've never needed week 4 or 5. Try again. 

9 minutes ago, Under Par said:

8 minutes ago, Under Par said:

LOL LMAO.....SMH

14 minutes ago, Under Par said:

Look guys, i am just relaying the message on what all went on today. A very reliable source (important coach on the staff) told me this information so that people really know how hard they're trying to schedule these games and aren't having any luck in doing so.  

Hey call W.T back and tell him to get his Diesel fuel card ready

7 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Talking about titles to a team who played for one 3 years straight.... Why Newton not want any the last couple years? A now do? 

If you go to my first post, i clearly stated that "I am by no means saying that these teams are scared to play Newton". Stop indicating that i am saying that. I love West Orange Stark. I love what they have done, I follow them and I root for them! I root for all of their college players too. I am clearly just relaying the message on what went on this morning. 

3 minutes ago, Under Par said:

If you go to my first post, i clearly stated that "I am by no means saying that these teams are scared to play Newton". Stop indicating that i am saying that. I love West Orange Stark. I love what they have done, I follow them and I root for them! I root for all of their college players too. I am clearly just relay the message on what went on this morning. 

I can say, "with all due respect", but that don't mean I can say something disrespectful. Your 1st post implies they are too scared to play them. Read it again, and tell me it don't.

31 minutes ago, Under Par said:

I think it would've been a awesome game in ever realignment, but WOS wasn't granted that privilege.... But its nothing new do a little more reading 

56 minutes ago, Under Par said:

Thanks, 

I find this hard to believe