Tentative Non-District Schedules

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, Reagan said:

It's a shame PN-G is not playing WOS and the new Beaumont school!

Tomball? Huntsville? & Silsbee!  I do not mind playing local teams,(Silsbee), but why are we playing the others.  I am sure we could have gotten local teams for pre-season who give us just as much challenge.  Oh well!!  If the Indian Football Team was booked to play Anchorage High School in Alaska, our fans would be there.  LOVE THOSE INDIANS!!!

26 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Tomball? Huntsville? & Silsbee!  I do not mind playing local teams,(Silsbee), but why are we playing the others.  I am sure we could have gotten local teams for pre-season who give us just as much challenge.  Oh well!!  If the Indian Football Team was booked to play Anchorage High School in Alaska, our fans would be there.  LOVE THOSE INDIANS!!!

I'm quite sure that if WO-S is not on their regular season schedule, they are scrimmaging.  But I wouldn't speak too lowly of PN-G's non-district schedule, both Tomball and Huntsville are sold teams who will ensure that the Indians are ready for the rigors of their new district and the playoffs thereafter.

19 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I'm quite sure that if WO-S is not on their regular season schedule, they are scrimmaging.  But I wouldn't speak too lowly of PN-G's non-district schedule, both Tomball and Huntsville are sold teams who will ensure that the Indians are ready for the rigors of their new district and the playoffs thereafter.

Not worried about the quality of their programs.  simply stating that there are local options, less than 2 hours away, to face some good competition!

WOS / Memorial / Westbrook / New Bmt High / or even Goose Creek, to name a few.   

15 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Not worried about the quality of their programs.  simply stating that there are local options, less than 2 hours away, to face some good competition!

Programs that are consistently in the playoffs like getting their boys out of town to give them some experience with travel and unfamiliarity...stuff like that. 

5 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Programs that are consistently in the playoffs like getting their boys out of town to give them some experience with travel and unfamiliarity...stuff like that. 

Once again, that's fine.  PNG FANS WILL TRAVEL!!!  We just shouldn't "have to" travel. That's my point!

8 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Once again, that's fine.  PNG FANS WILL TRAVEL!!!  We just shouldn't "have to" travel. That's my point!

To be fair, you don't "have to" travel. BF is preparing the players for a post-season run, not the fans. Playing in unfamiliar stadiums against unfamiliar teams is what they will face in the playoffs. Why would you not try to emulate that is the preseason? Just my thoughts. 

12 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

To be fair, you don't "have to" travel. BF is preparing the players for a post-season run, not the fans. Playing in unfamiliar stadiums against unfamiliar teams is what they will face in the playoffs. Why would you not try to emulate that is the preseason? Just my thoughts. 

Agreed, not arguing.  I totally respect BF & support the coaches decision on game schedule.  Also, I want to support the    local programs.  We want those Indians playoff ready no matter how they do it!!!

52 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Well, you have to remember that in scheduling a game, that not only does the school that you are seeking fit into what you are trying to do to get ready for the season, your school must fit into what they are trying to do.  As you implied by leaving several local teams out, there are only a handful of area teams who would really be a fit for PN-G to prepare them for the season.  And quite frankly, there is probably nobody in Goose Creek ISD that fits that bill. 

Hence comes the next question, does PN-G fit into what the others are supposed to do pre-district?  Coach Peevey at West Brook and whoever is scheduling for the new Beaumont school may not feel that PN-G fits their plans.  Memorial less so, but it is still possible.

Which leaves WO-S.  And even when the school is a fit, it comes down to availability.  As I am sure that Coach Faircloth would not delay taking a game and filling a spot, I know Coach Thompson feels the same.

I can understand get angst at having to travel.  But like the players, fans this season are going to have get used to the increased travel that the current realignment brings.  Folks who are in the soon-to-be-no longer 22-5A have had it pretty easy travel wise forever.  With the exception of the occasional outliers like Baytown or Livingston, most fans of any of the local schools would have at most a 45 minute trip to the opposing district team's back yard and it has been that way for as long as I can remember.  Those days are over.  It is the price paid for making 5A more "fair."

I have been told time and again that folks were willing to pay that price.  I guess we'll see in August.

1 hour ago, png9mon said:

Agreed, not arguing.  I totally respect BF & support the coaches decision on game schedule.  Also, I want to support the    local programs.  We want those Indians playoff ready no matter how they do it!!!

Y'all keep on complaining about BF and some of his decisions.  Y'all going to freak out when that list comes out next week of the coaches that put in for the Ozen-Central job and his name is on there...:)

3 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Y'all keep on complaining about BF and some of his decisions.  Y'all going to freak out when that list comes out next week of the coaches that put in for the Ozen-Central job and his name is on there...:)

BF can coach where he wants.  I have no problem with his decisions. I support him fully. IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH!!!

4 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

OK BAND MOM!  YOU ARE THE ONE ON HERE UPSET BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DRIVE FUTHER TO WATCH YOUR CHILD PLAY IN THE BAND!!!  :)

53 years of attending PNG Football (Missed a total of 4 Games since I was born?)  By the way, I do not have any kids!

Check your facts before smarting off, (or dumbing off,) as the case may be!!!

I will travel, as do all true Indian Fans!!!

28 minutes ago, png9mon said:

53 years of attending PNG Football (Missed a total of 4 Games since I was born?)  By the way, I do not have any kids!

Check your facts before smarting off, (or dumbing off,) as the case may be!!!

I will travel, as do all true Indian Fans!!!

Glad you don't have any kids to carry on your traits...

12 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Okay folks, disagreements are no reason to be ugly.

Same for you png9mon

Apologies for causing any dispute over High School Football.  I love the sport & PNG too much.

By the way, if I had kids, they would love the game just as much, or at least raised that way!!!

47 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Okay folks, disagreements are no reason to be ugly.

Same for you png9mon

I knew you would point me out, what else would I expect?  All I initially did was make a joking comment about BF coming to Beaumont to coach and she responded with the ALL CAPS!  So hey I did too.  Then the "dumbing off" comment, well at that point any slug I decided to shoot as far as I'm concerned was fair.  No apologies coming from me.

But anyway, we all know BF ain't leaving PN-G for BISD unless the money is right...

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

I knew you would point me out, what else would I expect?  All I initially did was make a joking comment about BF coming to Beaumont to coach and she responded with the ALL CAPS!  So hey I did too.  Then the "dumbing off" comment, well at that point any slug I decided to shoot as far as I'm concerned was fair.  No apologies coming from me.

But anyway, we all know BF ain't leaving PN-G for BISD unless the money is right...

I am a ...He...if you please, not a she.  GOD BLESS YOU & your team this upcoming season!!! (Note: In All Caps)

On 2/8/2018 at 11:59 AM, Jag Insider said:

Larry Neumann ought to apply, bet he would have a shot at the job. Retirement can’t be all that great 

11 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Larry Neumann ought to apply, bet he would have a shot at the job. Retirement can’t be all that great 

Neumann has a bad track record on getting his players scholarships or at least advocating for them.  And this is from former Bulldogs...........

So, no Nuemann please and thank you

• 2 weeks later...