NEW UIL FOOTBALL DISTRICTS

WOSgrad

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well, for starters there aren't any black kids in the district, other than the ones in Livingston.

Well I almost thought this was a inappropriate comment at first but after looking at the district, its not.  Carry on...

Lumberton wins that district at least for the 1st year.  The L-Train is back...

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Huffman and LC-M will be very competitive.  Well, LC-M loses Winters, the star RB and I believe Huffman has a new coach (i may be wrong) .  Y'all should be good to win the district though.  

I agree... anything less than domination by Lumberton will be seen as a letdown.  Splendora always seems to underperform for their size, Livingston is either going to be champs or miss the playoffs... lots of inconsistency up there... but you know that.  I'm anxious to see if Dubois can get BC back on track after a disastrous 2017 season. 

All jokes aside, I predict fantastic band performances and lackluster football to be the main characteristics of this district. 

16 minutes ago, Raiders94 said:

Don't know much about the teams besides Livingston. What can you tell me? lol

Huffman is competitive they were young last year. I’d expect them to to do  better. They run a no huddle spread offense.  Splendora when they were in our district a while back they were not good. I don’t think they won a district game when they were in district with us. What I do remember about them when you get up on them they started playing dirty

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I agree... anything less than domination by Lumberton will be seen as a letdown.  Splendora always seems to underperform for their size, Livingston is either going to be champs or miss the playoffs... lots of inconsistency up there... but you know that.  I'm anxious to see if Dubois can get BC back on track after a disastrous 2017 season. 

All jokes aside, I predict fantastic band performances and lackluster football to be the main characteristics of this district. 

Well, Splendora, I believe it was lat year, maybe year before last, started the season off like 3 -0 or 4-0 after moving up.  They showed a few flashes then shortly after that, the wheels fell off.  I think because of a key injury...

11 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Well I almost thought this was a inappropriate comment at first but after looking at the district, its not.  Carry on...

Lumberton wins that district at least for the 1st year.  The L-Train is back...

Lumberton won’t beable  to catch our  quarterback lol

7 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Huffman is competitive they were young last year. I’d expect them to to do  better. They run a no huddle spread offense.  Splendora when they were in our district a while back they were not good. I don’t think they won a district game when they were in district with us. What I do remember about them when you get up on them they started playing dirty

We were young also. If I'm not mistaken we have 32 or 34 letterman coming back this year.

7 minutes ago, LC-M said:

True.  They wasn't good at all and didn't compete in football before they moved up 2 years ago...

4 minutes ago, pdawg119 said:

I think Splendora only won 1 district game in the 2 years they were 5A. It was a fluke win against Dayton.

Actually, I think they lost all (or almost all) of their district games in 4AD1 last time, then went on a tear their first year in 5A (2016).  They crashed back to earth for 2017, if my memory is correct.  Maybe somebody from over there can clear that up.  

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Actually, I think they lost all (or almost all) of their district games in 4AD1 last time, then went on a tear their first year in 5A (2016).  They crashed back to earth for 2017, if my memory is correct.  Maybe somebody from over there can clear that up.  

In 2016 Splendora won their first 3 games, including that District win against Dayton, and then lost their remaining 7 games.

4 minutes ago, Raiders94 said:

He was good.

Ours is a good runner. If he can get is throwing accuracy down we probably can make some noise. Honestly though we are going to be young and graduating 20 seniors so I wouldn’t be surprised if y’all beat us. I’ve heard rumors that we are going back to a wing t. But we will find out

5 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Ours is a good runner. If he can get is throwing accuracy down we probably can make some noise. Honestly though we are going to be young and graduating 20 seniors so I wouldn’t be surprised if y’all beat us. I’ve heard rumors that we are going back to a wing t. But we will find out

I've heard that we will have a couple of different backs. One is 6' 1" 250lbs and can move pretty good for his size. But that is just what I've heard.

4 minutes ago, Raiders94 said:

I've heard that we will have a couple of different backs. One is 6' 1" 250lbs and can move pretty good for his size. But that is just what I've heard.

I don’t think we will have much size on the oline like in the past. Maybe some Central- Ozen transfers will come in lol

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

Besides us and West Brook, there won't be too much board activity in our new district.  Guess we will have to come hijack you alls from time to time...

And you know we will be over to hijack yalls..lol

So are you going to change your screen name once the new school has a name?

1 hour ago, JagMarine95 said:

Any suggestions on The New Name and Mascot For the New School in BISD. Im not sure on a name but they should either keep a cat as a mascot or name the mascot to something related to Beaumont s heritage 

Man you been out of the loop.  It'll be down to 4 names, mascots and color combinations tomorrow.  As soon as I get that list, I'll post it.