Nederland 39 Beaumont Ozen 48/FINAL

WOSgrad

TxHoops you warned me lol not it’s my turn why bother some live inside a house with no windows it’s pointless to tell them it’s light outside they will always argue and say it’s dark. With that said maybe these coaches at these schools know something about basketball Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Houston,Lamar have offered I’m sure they see his talent level and not just how many he score on a hs or summer level...ijs 

3 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

TxHoops you warned me lol not it’s my turn why bother some live inside a house with no windows it’s pointless to tell them it’s light outside they will always argue and say it’s dark. With that said maybe these coaches at these schools know something about basketball Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Houston,Lamar have offered I’m sure they see his talent level and not just how many he score on a hs or summer level...ijs 

I have zero doubt YOU can WATCH a kid over the course of a game and have a very good idea what kind of player he is.  I also know you have seen this kid several times.  I have seen him many times against VERY elite competition (> “big 3”).  However, not every poster has your basketball acumen. 

And I got news for him/them, by the end of the summer, this “ok player” is going to add to that list of high D1offers.  Because he can play.  

I would hope so as I've said previously on this post.  He's just not there yet which is contradictory to what you say. But whatever.  There's another game looming with another member of the big 3, where another subpar outing will happen. And don't get me started on the season finale they may determine the last playoff spot...

I'm done here.  I'll weigh in next time to my pleasure and to your sorrow.  

Au revoir.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I would hope so as I've said previously on this post.  He's just not there yet which is contradictory to what you say. But whatever.  There's another game looming with another member of the big 3, where another subpar outing will happen. And don't get me started on the season finale they may determine the last playoff spot...

Au revoir.

He had 23 and 20 in the two games vs Ozen.

He had 15 in the first loss to Central. I am not sure what he had in the 2nd game.

Memorial held him to single digits, so there is THAT subpar game, the rest are a stretch though.

I’ve said many times, very good player without much help around him and very unselfish. He’s outstanding for a soph. Can’t wait to see him junior and senior year as he matures and hopefully gets more help around him.

47 minutes ago, jake94 said:

He had 23 and 20 in the two games vs Ozen.

He had 15 in the first loss to Central. I am not sure what he had in the 2nd game.

Memorial held him to single digits, so there is THAT subpar game, the rest are a stretch though.

I’ve said many times, very good player without much help around him and very unselfish. He’s outstanding for a soph. Can’t wait to see him junior and senior year as he matures and hopefully gets more help around him.

Really don’t understand what the big deal is he is a 16 year old kid he will have good games, subpar games, and bad games that doesn’t mean he cant play the maim thing he is a great kid understands the game and has a high ceiling and for the record I’ve watched him play all summer long beside my son so let’s just congratulate the kid.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Au revoir.

Once again, I can’t imagine another person in this universe (other than the one who looks back at you in the mirror) would take your opinion over Lon Krueger, Kelvin Sampson, etc.  Nor should they take mine.  But it is nice to know that certain posters such as mamba, AAW, and others whose opinions I respect share mine in this evaluation.   I’m not at all surprised you disagree and you comments are humorous not sorrowful.  But someone who apparently holds themself in higher esteem than those guys is also not surprisingly the butt of his own joke.  So please, by all means carry on.  After all, there is no doubt left to remove ;) 

Either way, a great player (at any level) is bound to have a subpar quarter or game. The GOAT (MJ) once scored 6 points in a game, which means he scored 0 in one of those quarters, possibly 2 Qs.

I can remember a game I played in HS when Brian English scored 0 points in the first half, then scored 29 in the 2nd half. How do you assess these examples?

Serious question: Have you ever played competitive basketball? If so, then I guarantee you had a bad quarter or a bad game. Does that mean you aren't a 'talented player' ? Hardly.

Interesting that you claimed (earlier this year) that you would make your 'own assessment' on his play once you saw him play against 'the big 3'. So far, he has done pretty well, yet you don't see what everyone else on this board PLUS D1 Major college recruiters see. Are you a college recruiter? It's okay to swallow your pride and just admit that you're wrong. Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but the cheese stands alone in this case.....