Blue States to sue to overturn Trump’s Tax Cut

PhatMack19

Their issue is the $10,000 cap on state and local tax deductions.  

My question is-

Why should people that live in liberal run states with high State taxes get to write that off, and pay less to the federal government than I do in Texas?  

I’ve never seen anyone answer this question, so I’m assuming they don’t have a good answer.  If you don’t like living in a state with high taxes, then move.  Businesses are doing just that in record numbers.

This is the hidden content, please

This might be a stretch but the Dims need to read The United States Constitution Article I on the powers of Congress. 

What is comical is that Obamacare was upheld under that same article under the authority to tax. Apparently some of them like the Constitution when it fits their desires and wants to ignore it when it doesn’t. 

14 hours ago, tvc184 said:

This might be a stretch but the Dims need to read The United States Constitution Article I on the powers of Congress. 

What is comical is that Obamacare was upheld under that same article under the authority to tax. Apparently some of them like the Constitution when it fits their desires and wants to ignore it when it doesn’t. 

I’m sure the 9th circuit gets involved somehow.  If that does happen, I would love to see the dims explain to most of the country that they held up their tax break so the rich didn’t have to pay more 

The most disturbing thing about this is the current trend to have virtually every decision/law by Congress and the President, decided by the courts.  It appears the Judicial Branch, heavily laden with ultra left judges appointed by Obama, is trying to take over our Govt.  And most of you may not know this, but Fed Judges have more job security than anyone.  As they've been doing, they can play the fool with the law with virtual immunity.  Does that scare anyone?  It dam well should.

On 1/28/2018 at 9:19 AM, PhatMack19 said:

I’m sure the 9th circuit gets involved somehow.  If that does happen, I would love to see the dims explain to most of the country that they held up their tax break so the rich didn’t have to pay more 

Not unless someone in the 9th files. I think all of those are in the 2nd Circuit. 

I thought I read they're trying to change the name of the 9th Circuit Court to the 9th Politburo.  I could be wrong, but it would be more appropriate.  The decisions by the 9th Court that make it to SCOTUS are overturned 80% of the time.  Now, say you work for ExxonMobil, or Bank of America, and your superiors had to correct you 80% of the time.  Any idea what would happen to you?  Yep, you'd be fired.  Quickly, and without remorse.  That gives you just an inkling of the job security these incompetent buffoons have.  Buffoons?  Why REB, these guys are judges, they're smart.  Yes, they are smart, probably very intelligent, but they let their own personal beliefs overshadow the Law, The Constitution.  So imo, they're not able to do their jobs, and should be fired (fired at? Lol), but nope, no can do.