Golden Triangle Running scared from Newton

Back2swag

8 hours ago, wbfan said:

Now you guys feel our pain when Stump was dominating around here and Nederland didn't want to renew their series with us,  PNG,  Vidor,  LCM and many others around SETX didn't want to pick up the phone so we had to find stronger schools across the state which in the end worked out for us come playoff time. 

I wonder why West Brook didn’t renew their series with Katy or Westfield or try and keep the north shore or DP or La Porte series going when they weren’t in the same district...? 

Silsbee has never been scared to play Newton they know if you play good competition It makes u better . WOS , Orangefield , Bridge City I’ll give y’all props for not being scared but the rest of Southeast Texas doesn’t want to play anyone . Cupcake schedules = Cupcake results in the playoffs 

On 1/25/2018 at 8:21 PM, CardinalBacker said:

While most of us recognize the value of choosing to play a good program like Newton in the buildup to district play, not everybody feels that way. 

If you are a coach with big aspirations of moving on in your coaching career, it’s hard to do much with a bad winning percentage. Locking yourself into 2-3 guaranteed Ls each year isn’t a good way to get a better paying gig. 

Plus, a big school playing Newton is kinda like picking a fight in a gay bar. You can’t brag if you win, but you’d better not lose. 

Running from a fight , to scared to even show up . 

Go schedule a team from the Greater Houston Area or Central Texas - not like there's just a hot bead of top knotch teams down here. Obviously, there's Newton and WO-S, but what else is down here at that level in the 4A and 3A classifications? What does a 5A or 6A team have to gain from playing a 3A team?

Newton is an Alpha level program, no doubt about it. But you're probably going to have to extend the search further from SETX or the Piney Woods. 

The problem with Houston or anywhere else that is that far off is the Jr. High and JV playing Thursday night and having to get back late and having school the next day. This area does have  some quality teams. It just so happens that this year was a down year for this area. A lot of these teams like  K-vill, Br. City, E. Chambers and several more teams will rebound. Silsbee and Jasper and Woodville are always quality teams, Diboll was one of the better teams we played last year.

Nederland has played WOS as a non district opponent more than any other team in the last 25 years or so, and we were in the same district for awhile. and when they were not on our schedule we were scrimmaging them, I think it helped make us better in the long run, and there certainly was no shame losing to the Mustangs

13 hours ago, Knoddy1 said:

Nederland has played WOS as a non district opponent more than any other team in the last 25 years or so, and we were in the same district for awhile. and when they were not on our schedule we were scrimmaging them, I think it helped make us better in the long run, and there certainly was no shame losing to the Mustangs

Yes unlike png , jasper and others that run away from wos after getting skull drugg and like i said aldine was number 1 in the state and 2 in country wos call them up for a game and won play new braunfel they where number in the land I believe beat them also. so to say wos is scared of anyone is a load of crap we welcome challenges

22 hours ago, BruinGrad87 said:

Newton doesn't play against anybody in ANY sport that they think they might lose to... getting a taste of their own medicine....

More lies , Newton try’s every year to schedule bigger tougher competition, it makes u better in the long run . Go look at Newton history the facts are right there 

On 1/25/2018 at 8:21 PM, CardinalBacker said:

While most of us recognize the value of choosing to play a good program like Newton in the buildup to district play, not everybody feels that way. 

If you are a coach with big aspirations of moving on in your coaching career, it’s hard to do much with a bad winning percentage. Locking yourself into 2-3 guaranteed Ls each year isn’t a good way to get a better paying gig. 

Plus, a big school playing Newton is kinda like picking a fight in a gay bar. You can’t brag if you win, but you’d better not lose.

People complain about you fanning the flames at times but this is why I love reading your posts on this site.  Killed me.