Is the new Central/Ozen basketball team set to become a 6A powerhouse?

As i stated to Mr.Shapiro kids or parents cannot get in their feelings. 15 Man roster for varsity that’s it , 12-15 for both JV A/B,same for freshman. The true question is how many of the those kids are varsity level players especially if you a junior on jv aometimes the writing is on the wall not for all but for some it is. The truth is unless kids are putting in the work during the summer they will get left behind period point blank. I hear ppl talking about scholarships how many guys have earned a scholarship from all 3 Bmt schools in the last 5 yrs. if you do a breakdown it seems like a lot but you can be fooled by so called talent. Last year only 3 kids from any of the Bmt schools went on to play college ball. Here is a very harsh reality about HS . No matter how many points certain players score, it may not ever translate in to playing  Juco,NAIA,D1,D2 or D3.  Ppl may not like it, but it’s the absolute truth.

8 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

As i stated to Mr.Shapiro kids or parents cannot get in their feelings. 15 Man roster for varsity that’s it , 12-15 for both JV A/B,same for freshman. The true question is how many of the those kids are varsity level players especially if you a junior on jv aometimes the writing is on the wall not for all but for some it is. The truth is unless kids are putting in the work during the summer they will get left behind period point blank. I hear ppl talking about scholarships how many guys have earned a scholarship from all 3 Bmt schools in the last 5 yrs. if you do a breakdown it seems like a lot but you can be fooled by so called talent. Last year only 3 kids from any of the Bmt schools went on to play college ball. Here is a very harsh reality about HS . No matter how many points certain players score, it may not ever translate in to playing  Juco,NAIA,D1,D2 or D3.  Ppl may not like it, but it’s the absolute truth.

Speak it.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:28 AM, RaiderRed30 said:

If this merger was 5-10 years ago they would have swept girls and boys 6A for a few years with Toe Toe and Hunter along Fontenot coaching the Ozen girls and Washington, but now not so much. Too much competition is 6A Houston with North Shore, Atascocita, Sam Houston, and the Cypress and Fort Bend Schools. West Brook have had some great players but haven’t done much. Could they be yes good and make some runs every few years probably but the new school won’t be top 10 year in and year out like people are thinking. 

Just depends.  Don't be surprised if Boutte jumps ship...

18 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Regional final or beyond on a consistent basis is a powerhouse IMO.  I don’t foresee that in the next 6 to 7 years.  With re zoning and Boutte being at WB and they re winning and ranked 16th and they shouldn’t lose any more games until at least 3rd round.I foresee some going to WB....  oh and they ll be getting a new floor soon.  More and more clout 

Depending on how those rezoning lines are drawn, Boutte might try to jump ship.  He knows what areas the majority of the basketball comes from...

12 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

May be the best thing...The cream will rise to the top...Competiton will be the best thing for this school which will make the team overall better 

49 minutes ago, winwin said:

So here's the question. If you took this year's Central and Ozen teams and combined them, would they beat Memorial? And would they be considered a state power house? 

Yea, a healthy Ozen and Central would imo, with the Merger i think Central keeps both thoes transfers (Dill and Williams) that left due to the factor of being a contender and magnet school for scouts. As far as powerhouse, idk, do i think they could beat a Sam Houston or Dentin Guyer idk, depends on the coaching but i do think they would be the best team basketball wise in SETX and a top 10 Greater Houston Area team

20 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Lol

If and only if BISD would open up the head-coach position with a pay increase comfortable to the state's average to outside applicants will there be a power-house beyond region-3 finals on a consistent basis. If and only if a proven leader-disciplinarian-winner (Andre Boutte) would consider taking the reins at the new consolidated school. I realize this scenario is rather far-fetched considering the Westbrook program is up and going in the right direction. Well at least this is decent reading material to some maybe. Winning would ease most of the tension that some say exist between these two good schools...jmo

42 minutes ago, JustUs said:

If and only if BISD would open up the head-coach position with a pay increase comfortable to the state's average to outside applicants will there be a power-house beyond region-3 finals on a consistent basis. If and only if a proven leader-disciplinarian-winner (Andre Boutte) would consider taking the reins at the new consolidated school. I realize this scenario is rather far-fetched considering the Westbrook program is up and going in the right direction. Well at least this is decent reading material to some maybe. Winning would ease most of the tension that some say exist between these two good schools...jmo

I disagree about qualified outside applicants. And I like Boutte but he is where he’s at WB. I think you have a talented young coaches who are in place at both schools who deserve the job. What kills me about Some of you is y’all will swear up and down someone else is the answer. Name one coach who has started out on top I'll wait. Everyone has to start somewhere if these coaches have the support of the community like you would for an outside coach things would go smoothly . Grass ain’t always greener on the other side. Funny part I’m glad this happened because Central and Ozen has fair weather fan bases. 

6 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

They can still put the Tigers on the schedule...:)

I'm sure Coach Sigler would do it.

Not sure it'll be much of a rivalry if it gets too one sided for a few years.

Don't remember what Silsbee's record was against Central before Ozen existed. Would have to look that up somewhere.

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

I disagree about qualified outside applicants. And I like Boutte but he is where he’s at WB. I think you have a talented young coaches who are in place at both schools who deserve the job. What kills me about Some of you is y’all will swear up and down someone else is the answer. Name one coach who has started out on top I'll wait. Everyone has to start somewhere if these coaches have the support of the community like you would for an outside coach things would go smoothly . Grass ain’t always greener on the other side. Funny part I’m glad this happened because Central and Ozen has fair weather fan bases. 

It's probably somewhere in the football thread but I stated interview both of the current HC's and anyone else that they chose but if I had to give it to one, it would be Mike T.  Whoever gets it, I'll support them just like I support all of Centrals programs, girls and boys.  Nothing fair weather here but there are a lot of them out there...

20 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

I can think of One coach who may put in and have a good chance of getting it

Beaumont Native David Green...He has NS rolling every year and is a proven winner 

His name came up in a conversation yesterday.  But I know he has to be making more $$$ there and has already established them.  When your school averages 4500 students, and half of those are boys and your pay is good, why leave?

42 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

His name came up in a conversation yesterday.  But I know he has to be making more $$$ there and has already established them.  When your school averages 4500 students, and half of those are boys and your pay is good, why leave?

The demographics is changing from what i heard at a rapid rate , he may see the writing on the wall and get out while he can