Is the new Central/Ozen basketball team set to become a 6A powerhouse?

4 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

I disagree about qualified outside applicants. And I like Boutte but he is where he’s at WB. I think you have a talented young coaches who are in place at both schools who deserve the job. What kills me about Some of you is y’all will swear up and down someone else is the answer. Name one coach who has started out on top I'll wait. Everyone has to start somewhere if these coaches have the support of the community like you would for an outside coach things would go smoothly . Grass ain’t always greener on the other side. Funny part I’m glad this happened because Central and Ozen has fair weather fan bases. 

I respect your opinion and its on point...However if the position is opened all that want to apply should and may the best applicant prevail... And if Mr Joe Clark is available we need him too lol....I'll support whoever lands the position....jmo

I have very good information that Andre Boutte will be given the first shot at the new school for basketball and they are targeting one of the West Orange Stark coaches for football, but I'm not sure which one, but it's one of the coordinators, I THINK. If Boutte decides to stay at Westbrook, they WILL go outside for this hire. David Green, from my understanding, is not interested if Boutte turns it down. It should be an interesting few weeks when basketball season concludes in March. 

20 minutes ago, JayBilas said:

I have very good information that Andre Boutte will be given the first shot at the new school for basketball and they are targeting one of the West Orange Stark coaches for football, but I'm not sure which one, but it's one of the coordinators, I THINK. If Boutte decides to stay at Westbrook, they WILL go outside for this hire. David Green, from my understanding, is not interested if Boutte turns it down. It should be an interesting few weeks when basketball season concludes in March. 

Champagne Taste on a beer budget gets you mediocrity...Build the new school on a solid foundation show him the money...Proof is in the pudding that he's a program builder...jmo 

2 hours ago, JayBilas said:I have very good information that Andre Boutte will be given the first shot at the new school for basketball and they are targeting one of the West Orange Stark coaches for football, but I'm not sure which one, but it's one of the coordinators, I THINK. If Boutte decides to stay at Westbrook, they WILL go outside for this hire. David Green, from my understanding, is not interested if Boutte turns it down. It should be an interesting few weeks when basketball season concludes in March. 

No problem with that Basketball decision, Boutte is a proven winner and program builder and will bring the kids out. Now football I would hope they still open it up instead of giving to a W.O.S assist...I’m sure they’ll be other assist from other schools who would like a chance to

7 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Why do you say it, like it can’t happen?

No, that is not how it was meant. The thread question is, are they set to be a powerhouse in 6A.

I fully hope/expect to the new school to be very competitive. I guess it is your opinion on "powerhouse". There are a lot of questions that remain about the new school. We don't even know who is going to be coaching it. They will have a ton of talent, but there are a lot of 6A programs in the State with a ton of talent. 

Like I said, I think they will be very good, probably the best team in this area year in and year out, but I am not expecting them to be in State every year. Hell, I don't expect them to be at State consistently. I would imagine they will get there, but not like the Patriots getting to the Super Bowl. So I think they are going to be very good, but no, I do not think they are going to be a "6A Powerhouse"? 

4 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

No, that is not how it was meant. The thread question is, are they set to be a powerhouse in 6A.

I fully hope/expect to the new school to be very competitive. I guess it is your opinion on "powerhouse". There are a lot of questions that remain about the new school. We don't even know who is going to be coaching it. They will have a ton of talent, but there are a lot of 6A programs in the State with a ton of talent. 

Like I said, I think they will be very good, probably the best team in this area year in and year out, but I am not expecting them to be in State every year. Hell, I don't expect them to be at State consistently. I would imagine they will get there, but not like the Patriots getting to the Super Bowl. So I think they are going to be very good, but no, I do not think they are going to be a "6A Powerhouse"? 

Ok i get what you saying. I really thought you ment it as "they wont be at any point"

On 1/23/2018 at 9:33 PM, BlkMamba24 said:

As i stated to Mr.Shapiro kids or parents cannot get in their feelings. 15 Man roster for varsity that’s it , 12-15 for both JV A/B,same for freshman. The true question is how many of the those kids are varsity level players especially if you a junior on jv aometimes the writing is on the wall not for all but for some it is. The truth is unless kids are putting in the work during the summer they will get left behind period point blank. I hear ppl talking about scholarships how many guys have earned a scholarship from all 3 Bmt schools in the last 5 yrs. if you do a breakdown it seems like a lot but you can be fooled by so called talent. Last year only 3 kids from any of the Bmt schools went on to play college ball. Here is a very harsh reality about HS . No matter how many points certain players score, it may not ever translate in to playing  Juco,NAIA,D1,D2 or D3.  Ppl may not like it, but it’s the absolute truth.

Last two sentences is the absolute truth. My senior year I averaged 33 ppg, although at a private school in Community Christian, and had a few scholarship offers due to my AAU coach and high school coach having some connections. Every level of basketball I ever played at I was a great scorer but I signed a financial aid agreement and played for Arlington Baptist College. I quickly learned that the way I played and my attitude towards wanting to play defense would never translate to the college level. So i hung it up after one year. I would advise all student athletes that want to play understand that defense will get you playing time at every level regardless of how well you play offense. 

On 1/23/2018 at 4:19 PM, TexazBall said:

The demographics is changing from what i heard at a rapid rate , he may see the writing on the wall and get out while he can 

Changing !!! And yes it’s rapid ..North Shore is close to 70 percent Hispanic and 25% black .super rapid ...not to mention the thug life mentality that’s mixed in  .lol ..but the two middle schools that feed it still has some decent athletes at least to the 7th grade level ...so they’ should be Set for a couple of more years  ...David green said that he took the north shore job to be closer to silsbee..who knows he may wants to get even closer 

3 hours ago, LOUD and Proud said:

Definitely need to open them all up. Even if the basketball job is a foregone conclusion. The football job needs to see what kind of applicants it can attract.

I have an official notice that ALL positions will be opened for outside applicants.  The head football, volleyball and cross country will be open effective tomorrow.

5 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Beaumont Consolidated Dawgs!! 

Lol... lame name just like memorial and north forest.i hope they are creative with the name change  .I’m no racist but I’d rather black schools be named after a local or national leader/ hero...name it Tubman or king high or come back with Hebert or name it blanchette  ..I’m not from BMT , nor do I have in the fight ..just my thoughts tho ...

This has the makings of what happened when TJ and Lincoln combined.  Sometimes, expectations are set unrealistically high...  So high in fact that no matter what the result it is doomed to be considered a failure because it didn’t live up to the “hype”.  They get one chance to do it right..... hope all goes well.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:49 AM, hjhawks said:

This has the makings of what happened when TJ and Lincoln combined.  Sometimes, expectations are set unrealistically high...  So high in fact that no matter what the result it is doomed to be considered a failure because it didn’t live up to the “hype”.  They get one chance to do it right..... hope all goes well.

From a meeting last night, the boys and girls head basketball jobs will be posted shortly after all 4 teams are eliminated from the playoffs.