Is the new Central/Ozen basketball team set to become a 6A powerhouse?

12 minutes ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

This is the hidden content, please

Correction, in 2015, not '14, they faced each other in the regional finals not state semifinals. Ozen won 58-52.

These two can never face each other at state tourney since they are in same region.

This is the hidden content, please

If this merger was 5-10 years ago they would have swept girls and boys 6A for a few years with Toe Toe and Hunter along Fontenot coaching the Ozen girls and Washington, but now not so much. Too much competition is 6A Houston with North Shore, Atascocita, Sam Houston, and the Cypress and Fort Bend Schools. West Brook have had some great players but haven’t done much. Could they be yes good and make some runs every few years probably but the new school won’t be top 10 year in and year out like people are thinking. 

46 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

I think it will be a powerhouse. They will have a lot of competition from the Houston-area. But they have too much talent. Question is, who will coach them? Despite BISD's reputation, I'd imagine this will be a highly sought after position.

BISD may not open job and just name one of the current head coaches.

Regional final or beyond on a consistent basis is a powerhouse IMO.  I don’t foresee that in the next 6 to 7 years.  With re zoning and Boutte being at WB and they re winning and ranked 16th and they shouldn’t lose any more games until at least 3rd round.I foresee some going to WB....  oh and they ll be getting a new floor soon.  More and more clout 

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Regional final or beyond on a consistent basis is a powerhouse IMO.  I don’t foresee that in the next 6 to 7 years.  With re zoning and Boutte being at WB and they re winning and ranked 16th and they shouldn’t lose any more games until at least 3rd round.I foresee some going to WB....  oh and they ll be getting a new floor soon.  More and more clout 

Lol