Silsbee 75 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 56/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yes it was. Also, Coach Sigler was at the Ozen/Scarborough game scouting. He knows.

As for North Forest, I expect the same what Silsbee saw last year from them. Silsbee won that one by 40. Yes, North Forest beat Atascocita 57-55 a week after Silsbee Lite lost to Cita 70-66. So..

Scarborough played yates tough until the last 4 or 5 minutes.they are decent  ..Same thing with north forest ...north forest is a different team than last year just as silsbee..silsbee is not 40 points better than either of those teams...if either of those teams were in silsbee’s district they would be the second best team in the district .and y’all kill me with the football player / large classification/ big city excuses...

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

They are nowhere near Silsbee.  That was obviously a really bad game for Ozen.  

Excuses work both ways bro !!! And it looks as if silsbee has had 8 really bad games ..and don’t give me that silsbee lite, big city / big classification excuse ...point is if silsbee has a bad game vs either of those teams they COULD lose 

27 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Excuses work both ways bro !!! And it looks as if silsbee has had 8 really bad games ..and don’t give me that silsbee lite, big city / big classification excuse ...point is if silsbee has a bad game vs either of those teams they COULD lose 

Such a HUGE mind blowing statement there.....after that first round or two of the playoffs if you have a bad game you COULD lose to anyone.....

11 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Such a HUGE mind blowing statement there.....after that first round or two of the playoffs if you have a bad game you COULD lose to anyone.....

Ok so what are y’all saying ... are they immune to not having a bad game in the playoffs? ..and you just made my point with the second after the first round statement ...what it looks and seems to me is that the silsbee fans on here are stating that it’s impossible for either of those teams to beat them...go and read the posts homie and tell me what u think..lol

45 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Bayou that works for any team come playoffs if you play bad in playoffs or a bad game you lose that’s nothing new 

It’s not impossible for anyone to be beat.  But I know the two making the statements about those 2 and both are almost always on point. We have already showed vulnerability when we don’t play our best but as I said from the beginning of the year,  you wouldn’t see the Tigers at their best until January.  Well sure our level of competition may not be the same here lately but these Tigers are starting to show their true colors.  Defense has been the best I have seen all year and some of those football players are definitely starting to show their touch as well.  Let’s face it we have always had somewhat of a target on our back but it has only grown bigger the last two years.  Two state trips to the championship game have a way of doing that.  

I'm a Memorial fan and what I've seen of Scarborough they can not beat Silsbee if Silsbee plays @ 70% of their capability. Moten is the only threat. The big man who starts for Scarborough has nice hands and decent footwork but is too slow and lumbering to be a factor. The PG will end up on the bench like he did against Memorial. The other  wing player is decent skill wise,  but foot slow also. And the other big man is an athlete BUT not a basketball player. That is not enough to beat Silsbee.

54 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

I agree for the most part.  But silsbee could play poorly and still win comfortably against Scarborough.   You may be right on about NF.  Haven’t seen them and don’t know a lot about this year’s team other than seeing some scores.  

But you are exactly right about taking it one game at a time or the Tigers could lose before the regional finals.  All I’m saying is Scarborough won’t be the team that does it. 

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Anything can happen. I have seen Silsbee teams who looked unbeatable go down in round 1 or 2 several times. Gotta just go play your best every game 

Agreed.  Silsbee fans & coach Sigler know all about sadness & heart ache from losing in the playoffs.  I am sure coach Sig tells his team about that loss in the first round of the playoffs.  As for what fans say, this is a msg board.  Fans jump on here and say anything.  As long as those are not the thoughts and attitude of the actual players on the team it doesn't matter.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, kingjames said:

He tried it last year in silsbee

Really? I don't remember it this way. After attending any LC-M game I seem to hear Coach Jeffcoat's voice in my sleep that same night yelling "PUSH, PUSH".

I've personally never seen a game in his almost 2 years of Head Coaching that he seems to want to slow the game down and play it in the 30-50pt range.

56 minutes ago, KWall98 said:

Really? I don't remember it this way. After attending any LC-M game I seem to hear Coach Jeffcoat's voice in my sleep that same night yelling "PUSH, PUSH".

I've personally never seen a game in his almost 2 years of Head Coaching that he seems to want to slow the game down and play it in the 30-50pt range.

Pull up game in silsbee last year and tell me what that’s called until he couldn’t do it anymore 

13 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Yep silsbee will run wos out the gym, just like wos runs silsbee off the field.

No need to bring football into this to defend the basketball team. But since you did... 34-17 isn't exactly what I would call being "run off the field". But a 40 point loss in basketball would be run out the gym :) 

1 hour ago, winwin said:

No need to bring football into this to defend the basketball team. But since you did... 34-17 isn't exactly what I would call being "run off the field". But a 40 point loss in basketball would be run out the gym :) 

U right let's not bring UP  the 51 to 2 the year before or way below 500 record against wos including the 3 years we skull drugg them when I played. I'm pretty sure wos basketball team has beaten the kittens more then their football has won. NOW I WILL DROP THE MIC!!

10 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

U right let's not bring UP  the 51 to 2 the year before or way below 500 record against wos including the 3 years we skull drugg them when I played. I'm pretty sure wos basketball team has beaten the kittens more then their football has won. NOW I WILL DROP THE MIC!!

Exact record

Football - Silsbee has beaten WO-S 3 times

Basketball - WO-S has beaten Silsbee 3 times.

You need to pic that mic up.

Now if you want to talk about "way below .500 record" we can certainly do that and you will not like it.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Exact record

Football - Silsbee has beaten WO-S 3 times

Basketball - WO-S has beaten Silsbee 3 times.

You need to pic that mic up.

Now if you want to talk about "way below .500 record" we can certainly do that and you will not like it.

How many times without Laquarious Paige?