Silsbee 75 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 56/FINAL

WOSgrad

16 minutes ago, Back2Back said:

Not so fast my friend 

I don't think they see Yates until Huntsville. I don't think HJ or Huffman Hargrave can get closer than 20. Diboll and Shepherd have played good ball but they're not in Silsbee class. And if LCM wasn't playing at home it might have been a bigger deficit. So who's gonna challenge Silsbee. One seeds don't meet until the game before the regional tournament if its all chalk.

5 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I don't think they see Yates until Huntsville. I don't think HJ or Huffman Hargrave can get closer than 20. Diboll and Shepherd have played good ball but they're not in Silsbee class. And if LCM wasn't playing at home it might have been a bigger deficit. So who's gonna challenge Silsbee. One seeds don't meet until the game before the regional tournament if its all chalk.

He is suggesting that WO-S will give Silsbee a better game

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Discussed this game with a few folks. Some have Silsbee as much as 35 point favorites. Some as low as 10.

I say Silsbee -19 on the road.

I guess you got this one right.  LCM came to play ccant take anything away from there effort. But there is a reason I usually don’t make score predictions and this game was a good example of that.  I forgot one big detail, and it should have been obvious.  The refs called this one tight...both Devon and Kaylon had 2 fouls in the first quarter.  One ref in particular called everything...it was both ways so no   as far as that but it did hinder that pressure defense.  I was enjoying watching Devon and Brown facing each other but that didn’t last long with the fouls.  The Tigers dribbled out the last 1:15 or so at mid court. Good game and atmosphere tonight.  Nice new gym but have to wonder why there is no built in sound system.  Just a couple speakers on a rolling table,  we couldn’t understand much of the pregame announcing.

4 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I guess you got this one right.  LCM came to play ccant take anything away from there effort. But there is a reason I usually don’t make score predictions and this game was a good example of that.  I forgot one big detail, and it should have been obvious.  The refs called this one tight...both Devon and Kaylon had 2 fouls in the first quarter.  One ref in particular called everything...it was both ways so no   as far as that but it did hinder that pressure defense.  I was enjoying watching Devon and Brown facing each other but that didn’t last long with the fouls.  The Tigers dribbled out the last 1:15 or so at mid court. Good game and atmosphere tonight.  Nice new gym but have to wonder why there is no built in sound system.  Just a couple speakers on a rolling table,  we couldn’t understand much of the pregame announcing.

Bush dribbled out that last minute per instruction from me. He's got a strawberry milk shake coming to him from Sonic.

Silsbee 75, LCM 56.  

LCM: 13, 27, 43, 56
Silsbee: 19, 40, 61, 75

LCM led by Katon Brown with 16 pts, 12 Reb, Braden Bridges 12.  Jordyn Adams 24, Braelon Bush 14, Devon McCain 14.

LCM 16-11 (2-1) will host HF on Tuesday.  We played hard, but there are no moral victories.  You win or you lose and we lost to a really good team tonight.  Shout out to our student section who showed up and got after it tonight!

10 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Don’t sell Scarborough, or north forest short...both are athletic , both have solid  back courts and both have a solid big man....north forest has beaten atascocita, Scarborough has beaten ozen ...neither or slouches 

1 hour ago, bayou city 713 said:

Don’t sell Scarborough, or north forest short...both are athletic , both have solid  back courts and both have a solid big man....north forest has beaten atascocita, Scarborough has beaten ozen ...neither or slouches 

I can buy that.

12 hours ago, Back2Back said:

Not so fast my friend 

3 hours ago, bayou city 713 said:

If Scarborough is the same team ( team color orange and gray) that played in the YMBL and Gamble  tournaments down here they don't stand a chance against Silsbee. They have one outside player and their big man will be overmatched.

1 hour ago, Spyder53 said:

If Scarborough is the same team ( team color orange and gray) that played in the YMBL and Gamble  tournaments down here they don't stand a chance against Silsbee. They have one outside player and their big man will be overmatched.

They are nowhere near Silsbee.  That was obviously a really bad game for Ozen.  

20 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

They are nowhere near Silsbee.  That was obviously a really bad game for Ozen.  

Yes it was. Also, Coach Sigler was at the Ozen/Scarborough game scouting. He knows.

As for North Forest, I expect the same what Silsbee saw last year from them. Silsbee won that one by 40. Yes, North Forest beat Atascocita 57-55 a week after Silsbee Lite lost to Cita 70-66. So..