Beaumont Ozen 50 Vidor 48/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, BIG SHOW said:

Like i said before. Big 2 not 3 in this district.  The worst Ozen team I've ever seen. 

Honestly as a district I don’t think it’s what it used to be there aren’t any big anything’s not with basketball evolving like it is. I hope y’all understand nobody is scared anymore you will get everyone’s best game . 

And the district is NOT down.  It's shaping up like we all knew it would.  We knew going in this year that Memorial would be the team.  We knew Central and Ozen would battle #2/3.  And we knew Nederland would finish 4th.  (well, I lied.  A certain few folks thought Nederland would run the district, another story another day) 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And the district is NOT down.  It's shaping up like we all knew it would.  We knew going in this year that Memorial would be the team.  We knew Central and Ozen would battle #2/3.  And we knew Nederland would finish 4th.  (well, I lied.  A certain few folks thought Nederland would run the district, another story another day) 

I would have to honestly say,  Central isn't the team they use to be either. However, they didnt fall as far as Ozen.  

The sad thing is that they will combine next year and I think that hurts both schools. Now they will play 6A (which I think they should of already been playing..other topic) and we all know who the winner of that will be. Boutee! All the kids from 8th grade will enroll at Westbrook that are basketball kids. IMO.. it's hard to pass up playing for a coach like that, especially if your in the same classification. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. I wounder what the name of the school will be. I say Eastside Hurricanes.  

4 hours ago, BIG SHOW said:

I would have to honestly say,  Central isn't the team they use to be either. However, they didnt fall as far as Ozen.  

The sad thing is that they will combine next year and I think that hurts both schools. Now they will play 6A (which I think they should of already been playing..other topic) and we all know who the winner of that will be. Boutee! All the kids from 8th grade will enroll at Westbrook that are basketball kids. IMO.. it's hard to pass up playing for a coach like that, especially if your in the same classification. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. I wounder what the name of the school will be. I say Eastside Hurricanes.  

It really depends on the coach.  The game have changed from 15 years  ago when Boutee was running Beaumont.  He's considered old school now.  If the new school hires a good middle aged coach, they kids will want to play for him more than likely.  Because most of this is about where the city's talent will end up at...

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Uhhmmmm...Who claimed Nederland would ‘run the district’ this year? I heard no such talk or prediction anywhere near these words. 

42 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Uhhmmmm...Who claimed Nederland would ‘run the district’ this year? I heard no such talk or prediction anywhere near these words. 

According to many that I've talked to off the record, even people that 'coached' on the their players in summer league, that's what myself and quite a few others gathered.  

But that's water under the bridge at this point.  

23 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

According to many that I've talked to off the record, even people that 'coached' on the their players in summer league, that's what myself and quite a few others gathered.  

But that's water under the bridge at this point.  

I don’t recall anyone saying anything other than Hayden Hefner is a special talent with huge potential and upside. Everyone agreed that Nederland (as a team) would be unlikely to hang with the big three this year. Even Weisbrod didn’t have this much attention as an incoming Sophomore (or Junior or Senior for that matter). He turned out to be a pretty special player for Nederland and LUPA and LU. 

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It really depends on the coach.  The game have changed from 15 years  ago when Boutee was running Beaumont.  He's considered old school now.  If the new school hires a good middle aged coach, they kids will want to play for him more than likely.  Because most of this is about where the city's talent will end up at...

That old school has a 21-3 record and 6-0 district record and tied for district lead. Playing for district lead tonight. Age is just a number, the man still gets the most out of his players. 

Just heard about the merger. I'm sad this is the last year for Ozen and Central. Just when the district was showing that it was getting better. 2019 would have been great now that Vidor and PNG are playing decent basketball. Outside of the games we play them, I wish both Central and Ozen the very best in their final seasons. They have a fan in me.

22 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

I don’t recall anyone saying anything other than Hayden Hefner is a special talent with huge potential and upside. Everyone agreed that Nederland (as a team) would be unlikely to hang with the big three this year. Even Weisbrod didn’t have this much attention as an incoming Sophomore (or Junior or Senior for that matter). He turned out to be a pretty special player for Nederland and LUPA and LU. 

Wiesbrod was an absolute monster his soohmore year.  I think he ended up getting offensive MVP of the district that year, or some big accolade and the team wasn't shabby either because of him.  They even split with 1 or 2 of   the back then, big 2, I believe.

23 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

That old school has a 21-3 record and 6-0 district record and tied for district lead. Playing for district lead tonight. Age is just a number, the man still gets the most out of his players. 

Yea, I know, I'm in reference to how the kids probably see it. Some of these kids don't even know the legacy that follows  Boutee...

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lmao  

4 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Yea but how odd is it that Central and West Brook played football against each other every year except this year due to Harvey but were not forced to play a non-district basketball game?  I wonder which coach was ducking...