Little Cypress-Mauriceville 56 Orangefield 40/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 hours ago, Bear Cave said:

LCM 59, Orangefield 40.

Bears led by Katon Brown with 20 and 16 rebounds, Braden Bridges with 13, and Tyreke Brown with 10.

LCM 16-10 (2-0) will host Silsbee tomorrow for Military Appreciation Night!

Hopefully Silsbee will behave this time when they visit. That was shameful. I'd consider it a win for the Bears if they keep it under 30.  I don't think they can based on what I saw at HJ a few weeks ago. That said second place in district is nothing to sneeze at.

1 hour ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Hopefully Silsbee will behave this time when they visit. That was shameful. I'd consider it a win for the Bears if they keep it under 30.  I don't think they can based on what I saw at HJ a few weeks ago. That said second place in district is nothing to sneeze at.

New year. No reason to even speak on last year activities. Sure both schools will behave and play good basketball. Silsbee by 20

3 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

New year. No reason to even speak on last year activities. Sure both schools will behave and play good basketball. Silsbee by 20

As an alum, 20 would be a close game and I would take it.  There's no way LCM sniffs that. I don't consider blowouts good games.

Yes it's a new year but it is a topical because its the next time they meet. 

Everyone in the gym (is it the New Bear Cave or the Grove, I've heard both) will be talking about it until tipoff.

I'm sure they'll shake hands and keep it to ball.  I just didn't appreciate their attitude and style of play last season. 

1 hour ago, BearEssentials97 said:

As an alum, 20 would be a close game and I would take it.  There's no way LCM sniffs that. I don't consider blowouts good games.

Yes it's a new year but it is a topical because its the next time they meet. 

Everyone in the gym (is it the New Bear Cave or the Grove, I've heard both) will be talking about it until tipoff.

I'm sure they'll shake hands and keep it to ball.  I just didn't appreciate their attitude and style of play last season. 

Whose attitude and style of play?

7 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Bite your tongue boy, if LCM would have acted right to begin with we wouldn't have a problem. 

54 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Wasn’t mutual.  Someone threw the first punch. 

A person is guilty of disorderly conduct by mutual combat if he or she intentionally causes, provokes or engages in any fight or brawl in a public place. On mutual combat fight doesn’t have to be the first person to throw a punch.  

6 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Bite your tongue boy, if LCM would have acted right to begin with we wouldn't have a problem. 

Silsbee wasn't the cleanest team last year.  They seem to be a better team this year. I'm ad they won state and I'm pulling for them this year.

For the record I'm nobody's boy. I wouldn't use that term in 2018 to refer to grown men, especially toward African American men. I'm sure its tongue and cheek. But I wouldn't use it for future reference. Those could be considered fighting words.

Edited by BearEssentials97
Needed to add clarification