A couple of big resignations today

WOSgrad

35 minutes ago, PNGFaithful said:

And neither am I, but I’ve read many of your post and your responses and I’ll keep my opinion to myself.

Since you've read many of my posts, did you also see that I'm really good friends with one of your biggest PN-G fans and attend many games with him over the years?  Funny though.  He probably has a much different opinion of me than you do.  I don't think he or many others would coin me as anything close to resembling a racist...

27 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Since you've read many of my posts, did you also see that I'm really good friends with one of your biggest PN-G fans and attend many games with him over the years?  Funny though.  He probably has a much different opinion of me than you do.  I don't think he or many others would coin me as anything close to resembling a racist...

I’d hope not.

On 1/20/2018 at 5:22 PM, ECBucFan said:

Let a black coach win state at Orangefield, BC, or Lumberton, etc, then try to get rid of him the very next year. It would be on CNN 24/7 and thousands would be marching in the streets. 

So not only were there black folks that were defending Peterman for the job. Hm. If you're going to call the people of DeSoto racist or reverse racist or whatever it is you want to call them, at least have more than a feeling.

And DeSoto actually hired that man to coach them. What happened afterward, I don't know. Let a black coach win state at Orangefield, BC or Lumberton? When are they going to get hired at one of those schools?

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:06 AM, PlayActionPass said:

has become the nature of the profession. Applicants will say whatever it takes to get a job and then they after getting the job they will say what the Administration and the Community wants to hear so they can have their support. All along they are looking forward to the next, bigger, better job.

I'm not saying that Mathis didn't intend on making Marshall "home" or have plans to build something great there, or that he didn't give the job and kids his total focus during the season. I think he is a good man and he was being honest when he said those things and had big plans for Marshall.

But, DeSoto was his "dream" job and he probably should have never left.

mic drop.

3 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

So not only were there black folks that were defending Peterman for the job. Hm. If you're going to call the people of DeSoto racist or reverse racist or whatever it is you want to call them, at least have more than a feeling.

And DeSoto actually hired that man to coach them. What happened afterward, I don't know. Let a black coach win state at Orangefield, BC or Lumberton? When are they going to get hired at one of those schools?

Does that mean since America elected Obama, we can’t be considered a racist place anymore?

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Does that mean since America elected Obama, we can’t be considered a racist place anymore?

DeSoto had two white head coaches prior to Claude Mathis. I couldn’t find pictures of coaches before that. So since they’ve had more than one white head coach in the long history of the program, I’m going to say that you did not give an apt comparison. Besides, you know the answer to your question anyways.

IF you’re going to say DeSoto is racist/reverse racist, you’re gonna need some pretty concrete evidence. Now, does it make sense that they’re letting go of Peterman after what he’s done? I don’t think so. But I don’t know everything that went on behind the scenes there. And neither do you. So to call the community racist doesn’t hold water. 

On 1/19/2018 at 7:12 AM, aki1994 said:

Sad and pathetic situation at Desoto

It’s not as black and white as it may seem on the surface. DISD is a mess right now. There are some strange power struggles going on when they need to be concerned about educating children first and foremost.

many years ago I applied for a head coaching job at a predominately black school - During the interview a PR lady asked me if I thought I would have a hard time coaching these kids since I was white --  A very wise old black man interrupted her (happened to the superintendent) and said don't worry--- winning will take care of all that. He was right too!!! 

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

Kinda like Sean McVay going 11-5 with Jeff Fishers 4-12 "Building Blocks". Same players, better coach, better results.

Is your argument that Claude Mathis can't coach? If that's what you're saying then we're done here because I won't argue with the ignorant.

1 hour ago, yepyep said:

Desoto won state because they hired Shawn Robinsons' mom to be their girls basketball coach.  Not because Claude Mathis laid the foundation.

Right, because Shawn Robinson was the only thing that team had going for them. Nevermind the other 8 D1 players on the offense.

Guest ECBucFan
On 1/22/2018 at 0:25 PM, dBerrySports said:

at least have more than a feeling.

Ah, so when you don't want to answer a question (or already know the real answer), just ask a question, in a weak attempt to try to flip it, right?    

As far as OF, BC, Lum? As soon as the new Central-Ozen school hires a white HC! When will that happen, DBS?

6 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Right, because Shawn Robinson was the only thing that team had going for them. Nevermind the other 8 D1 players on the offense.

Lol.  Desoto has D1 talent all over the field EVERY year. Since 2010 they have averaged about 7 D1 kids a year.

They weren't going to win state that year without Robinson. You know that. 

On 1/22/2018 at 0:25 PM, dBerrySports said:
3 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Ah, so when you don't want to answer a question (or already know the real answer), just ask a question, in a weak attempt to try to flip it, right?    

As far as OF, BC, Lum? As soon as the new Central-Ozen school hires a white HC! When will that happen, DBS?

you mean like Toby Foreman? 

On 1/27/2018 at 7:51 PM, ECBucFan said:

Man this was a total fail of a rebuttal on your part. Because I looked back in this thread to see if you asked me a question that I missed and I don't see one. Please, ask it to me again and I will answer. I look forward to it.

And you want to talk about flipping? I ask about when OF/BC/Lumberton will hire a black coach and instead of you answering, you respond with a question about Central/Ozen hiring a white head coach when they JUST had one for a few seasons. So I'll ask YOU again, when will Orangefield, Bridge City or Lumberton hire a black coach?

Meanwhile, I will continue to search for the question you said I'm not answering.

On 1/26/2018 at 2:31 PM, Tigers2010 said:

Kinda like Sean McVay going 11-5 with Jeff Fishers 4-12 "Building Blocks". Same players, better coach, better results.

Not at all like the Rams. Mathis won double-digit games 5 straight seasons before he left DeSoto. Then Peterman went 6-6 in his first season before winning state the next year. He took them over the hump but to make it seem like he rebuilt the program is not accurate at all.

On 1/26/2018 at 3:06 PM, 2wedge said:

Is your argument that Claude Mathis can't coach? If that's what you're saying then we're done here because I won't argue with the ignorant.

That is not my argument at all. Someone took credit from a State Title winning coach and gave it to a guy who wasn't in town. I'm sure Mathis is a fantastic coach, but giving him the credit for someone else's title is laughable, and ignorant.

1 hour ago, dBerrySports said:

Not at all like the Rams. Mathis won double-digit games 5 straight seasons before he left DeSoto. Then Peterman went 6-6 in his first season before winning state the next year. He took them over the hump but to make it seem like he rebuilt the program is not accurate at all.

To make it like Mathis won him the title is not accurate at all.