Tuesday Night Games ?

Hagar

Sure we'd adjust and learn to how to deal with this weather if it was the norm for us. It isn't.

Lots of people getting out on the roads who aren't used to driving in ice and snow is a recipe for disaster. I believe central Texas has already had 145 car accidents. Some of those accidents were serious.

Be safe and be smart. We can go back to wearing shorts in January by the end of the week.

19 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Humble ISD has canceled school for tomorrow.

Not sure if this will effect Humble

18 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

This is the hidden content, please

Galena Park ISD schools and facilities will be CLOSED for Tuesday, January 16. All scheduled activities, events and transportation services for Tuesday are canceled.

Broaddus vs Pineywoods rescheduled to Thursday

18 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I think they will have to reschedule Wednesdays games. Its only getting colder and the roads will continue to freeze today. They probably won't thaw out until tomorrow afternoon if they do at all.

Possible but if it thaws and they can get them in, I am sure they will sinc it’s district games.

Guest ECBucFan
3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

And one bus skids off the road, flips, and kids die and you can imagine the reaction.  I’m with old Ben Franklin - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  And I’m with WHFan.  Who cares what anyone else thinks?

You are right. Mid January, 80% of the USA needs to be shut down - right now.

Maybe Florida and southern California can stay open.

Just can't risk it. 

22 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Many games postponed tonight, then rescheduled for Wednesday are now being postponed again.

Not surprised.  Bostwick said it should get up to 35-36 tomorrow afternoon, but if the water is still on the road, could be bad again tomorrow night. 

Guest ECBucFan

I guess you can copy and paste from millions of pics off the internet to try to prove a point. 

Next time, at least try to get a pic of a bus in ice or snow. That ground looks warm and bone dry. Maybe that driver fell asleep or was drinking alcohol?  

10 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

I guess you can copy and paste from millions of pics off the internet to try to prove a point. 

Next time, at least try to get a pic of a bus in ice or snow. That ground looks warm and bone dry.  

It was ice.  Sorry you can’t see it.   But don’t let that stop your nonsense. 

Here you go sport:

Guest ECBucFan
7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

It was ice.  Sorry you can’t see it.   But don’t let that stop your nonsense. 

I am agreeing with you. All sports should be cancelled every time it rains, too. After all, hydroplaning can occur with just 1/16 inch of moisture on the road. Shut it all down!     

8 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

I am agreeing with you. All sports should be cancelled every time it rains, too. After all, hydroplaning can occur with just 1/16 inch of moisture on the road. Shut it all down!     

I spent some significant time in Iron Mountain Michigan for a few winters. The high would be -10. Its not the snow. You can clear that out no problem and people have snow tires to handle what falls on the ground.But when it rains or up there when it gets above freezing for a few hours it turns the slush and melt water into black ice. Nobody drives on that. Its dangerous.

For an event that only happens once or twice a decade its alright to be a little cautious. We're not used to this stuff.

As for the rain that's just a few minutes or a few hours (hurricanes notwithstanding) so that's not even a good analogy.

Look at the bright side we'll be in the 70s this weekend. And we may get two straight days of basketball. Its a win in my book.