Silsbee 89 Orangefield 41/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Some of these teams in district just roll over and die when they play Silsbee. Orangefield, while certainly not a powerhouse, isn't that horrible. Certainly not terrible enough to have lost by 100 + if Coach Sigler had let it happen. They played East Chambers tough a while back.

So who can we expect to put up a fight in district? LC-M or WO-S maybe?

Most of these games will be over before they start.

Problem is many kids are intimidated before the game starts and play scared.  And you can’t play scared to make a mistake against a team that thrives on forcing them.  Snowball effect.  

3 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Some of these teams in district just roll over and die when they play Silsbee. Orangefield, while certainly not a powerhouse, isn't that horrible. Certainly not terrible enough to have lost by 100 + if Coach Sigler had let it happen. They played East Chambers tough a while back.

So who can we expect to put up a fight in district? LC-M or WO-S maybe?

Most of these games will be over before they start.

All I really have to base anything on is schedule results.  Wit that said, and we  take care of our end in the classroom and on the court, then I really don’t see any challenges in district.  Overall it seems like the district seems down from last year even.  Now the one wild card in that for me is WOS as the haven’t had any football players back in the court until the last few games.

48 minutes ago, ST413 said:

All I really have to base anything on is schedule results.  Wit that said, and we  take care of our end in the classroom and on the court, then I really don’t see any challenges in district.  Overall it seems like the district seems down from last year even.  Now the one wild card in that for me is WOS as the haven’t had any football players back in the court until the last few games.

Mustangs have had their football players for last 7 games. 6 football players on varsity, 1 starter.

The way it looked the third team for Silsbee could have played Orangefield pretty even.  It would be a lot more interesting if the district was more competitive.  Coach has to work to keep it serious out there sometimes.  When you're 40 points ahead it's difficult to keep your concentration.

It makes me wish that there could be a no-conference game in the middle of the season.  It would really be great to get a chance to play PA Memorial before the playoffs start.  Great for us anyway.  For them it may represent mostly risk with little reward but I think we could give them a really good game.

4 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

The way it looked the third team for Silsbee could have played Orangefield pretty even.  It would be a lot more interesting if the district was more competitive.  Coach has to work to keep it serious out there sometimes.  When you're 40 points ahead it's difficult to keep your concentration.

It makes me wish that there could be a no-conference game in the middle of the season.  It would really be great to get a chance to play PA Memorial before the playoffs start.  Great for us anyway.  For them it may represent mostly risk with little reward but I think we could give them a really good game.

Usually get a warmup game before playoffs.  Silsbee vs PAM would be a great one.

Thanks, our Dist plays its last game on Tuesday, 2/13, so we have a week (or 6 days) prior to Playoffs, and usually get a warmup game in.  After looking, I think most everyone does.  Maybe it's the # of games limit, or Coach just wants to rest his team.  It was a nice thought though.