Favorite Movie Scenes

TxHoops

On 1/15/2018 at 10:23 AM, REBgp said:

I'd feel remiss if I didn't include a clip from Cool Hand Luke.  A movie with a bunch of great lines, including, Sometimes nothing is a real cool hand.

And a phrase my kids were all to familiar with growing up, Spend the night in the box.

Shakin' the bush boss, shakin' the bush

On 1/12/2018 at 3:20 PM, TxHoops said:

I thought it would be fun to post your all time favorite cinematic moments.  For me, it’s impossible to choose between two, both ending scenes from two of my favorite films.  Both give me the goosebumps each and every time I watch.  Both are about three and a half minutes long.  And together they make up the best 7 minutes of film I’ve encountered.  They are offered below for your viewing pleasure:

This is the hidden content, please

A River runs through it was on last night. Great movie, Watched it again 

On 2/4/2018 at 9:17 AM, mat said:

A River runs through it was on last night. Great movie, Watched it again 

Me too, I had to put the kids to bed, but I enjoyed it.

So is in the book is there more to the story between the brothers and the one brothers girlfriend?

Me personally I see a lot of our present day society in the movie star  brother and his family in the way people act today. Not a lot of personal responsibility, self-centered, materialistic, no real family love.

I though it was sorta clutch what the father said in his last sermon about the younger brother and his death.

On 2/7/2018 at 9:41 AM, jv_coach said:

Me too, I had to put the kids to bed, but I enjoyed it.

So is in the book is there more to the story between the brothers and the one brothers girlfriend?

Me personally I see a lot of our present day society in the movie star  brother and his family in the way people act today. Not a lot of personal responsibility, self-centered, materialistic, no real family love.

I though it was sorta clutch what the father said in his last sermon about the younger brother and his death.

Me too.  I loved the brothers aspect of the story but that sermon really hit home with me.  We have all been there with a loved one and felt helpless to do anything but love them.   “But we can still love them.  We can love completely, without complete understanding.”  Those words have stayed with me since the first time I saw this movie in college.  

The line from his father in the narration right before was pretty great as well. 

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Me too.  I loved the brothers aspect of the story but that sermon really hit home with me.  We have all been there with a loved one and felt helpless to do anything but love them.   “But we can still love them.  We can love completely, without complete understanding.”  Those words have stayed with me since the first time I saw this movie in college.  

The line from his father in the narration right before was pretty great as well. 

well said.

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

have you read the book?

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I remember watching this movie on an old reel to reel with my pops.  He loves this movie.  I am dating myself but I take solace in the fact that Reb is old enough to be my father.  

I cant find the scene with the saluting toilets where Griffith was asked if he was being punished after telling the Colonel that it took him all night to get the latrine looking that way and that he was the PLO.....permanent latrine orderly.

Loaned this movie on VHS to a younger  man who had never seen or heard of it. He brought it back and said it had to be the funniest movie he had ever seen.

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I remember watching this movie on an old reel to reel with my pops.  He loves this movie.  I am dating myself but I take solace in the fact that Reb is old enough to be my father.  

Lmbo, your Dad did a great job.  Only improvement I would've made on you, you'd be a lot more conservative :)