Favorite Movie Scenes

TxHoops

I thought it would be fun to post your all time favorite cinematic moments.  For me, it’s impossible to choose between two, both ending scenes from two of my favorite films.  Both give me the goosebumps each and every time I watch.  Both are about three and a half minutes long.  And together they make up the best 7 minutes of film I’ve encountered.  They are offered below for your viewing pleasure:

This is the hidden content, please

4 hours ago, baddog said:

When I first saw this movie (it’s one of those movies I watch everytime it’s on) I knew Hopkins would win the academy award. If he hadn't, the awards would have has to be rigged. I love how intense he gets into character....

Man he was phenomenal in that role.  What a great, classic scene.  Isn’t YouTube great where you can just pull these things up and watch?

36 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Ok, I'm a big wuss, but I get tears in my eyes during this scene.  You know what though, I feel sorry for those that don't.  

Saving Private Ryan was an exceptional movie, as most Spielberg movies are. People who kneel for the anthem won't get this scene. Sorry to be political, but this is what the flag stands for.

Side note: If you really want to check out whether acting is good or not, try viewing a movie with the sound off for a minute. Everything you see is acting. It's kinda funny sometimes, especially if you have seen it before.

13 minutes ago, baddog said:

Saving Private Ryan was an exceptional movie, as most Spielberg movies are. People who kneel for the anthem won't get this scene. Sorry to be political, but this is what the flag stands for.

Side note: If you really want to check out whether acting is good or not, try viewing a movie with the sound off for a minute. Everything you see is acting. It's kinda funny sometimes, especially if you have seen it before.

No baddog, they won't get the scene, and they won't get the movie.  Players in the NFL think they're big and bad, but most of them wouldn't hold a candle to those guys who stormed Omaha beach.  They don't have the courage or guts for it, and sacrifice for love of country is not happening.  Sadly today, few would understand what it means.

On 1/15/2018 at 10:23 AM, REBgp said:

I'd feel remiss if I didn't include a clip from Cool Hand Luke.  A movie with a bunch of great lines, including, Sometimes nothing is a real cool hand.

And a phrase my kids were all to familiar with growing up, Spend the night in the box.

My favorite english class in college, and I took several many times over, we would watch movies and write about them and Cool Hand Luke was one of them. Loved the movie.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:20 PM, TxHoops said:

I thought it would be fun to post your all time favorite cinematic moments.  For me, it’s impossible to choose between two, both ending scenes from two of my favorite films.  Both give me the goosebumps each and every time I watch.  Both are about three and a half minutes long.  And together they make up the best 7 minutes of film I’ve encountered.  They are offered below for your viewing pleasure:

I have never seen a "River Runs Through It" Know I am intrigued.

Ole Red tells the story well on Shawshank Redemption