Who has the most favorable shot to make it to state: PaM, Silsbee, EC, D. Big Sandy

8 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I could add Kountze to this, but I really just don't see it....we'll see what happens Friday against EC.

Key word....FAVORABLE

Starting with 5A, I think PA Memorial has a real good chance to make it to SA. IMO, Shadow Creek and Elkins are the only two teams in Region III that can beat PAM. If the Titans play there game and are hitting the three ball, they will be Region III chaamps.

4A, I honestly believe the only team in Region III that can beat Silsbee is Yates. More size and more depth. But Silsbee can make it back to SA with better defense. I pick Silsbee to go back to state tourney.

3A, well as much as I think East Chambers can make it to San Antonio, Jarrell and Westwood will be tough outs along with Central Heights, Newton and Teague. Kountze can be right in the mix as long as they stay out of foul trouble. Also don't forget about LaMarque. 3A Region III is loaded so it will take some great play and luck of the draw on match ups for EC or Kountze to advance to SA.

2A Region III is loaded!! Currently 8 of the top 13 TABC state ranked teams are in Region III. #2 Tenaha, #6 Pineywoods, #7 Shelbyville, #9 San Augustine, #10 Cushing, #11 Grapeland, #12 Big Sandy Dallardsville, #13 Neches. Add #18 Broaddus, Woden and La Poyner, you have a murderous region to get through.

IMO, Silsbee has one team to beat. So I believe that gives them the most favorable shot.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Starting with 5A, I think PA Memorial has a real good chance to make it to SA. IMO, Shadow Creek and Elkins are the only two teams in Region III that can beat PAM. If the Titans play there game and are hitting the three ball, they will be Region III chaamps.

4A, I honestly believe the only team in Region III that can beat Silsbee is Yates. More size and more depth. But Silsbee can make it back to SA with better defense. I pick Silsbee to go back to state tourney.

3A, well as much as I think East Chambers can make it to San Antonio, Jarrell and Westwood will be tough outs along with Central Heights, Newton and Teague. Kountze can be right in the mix as long as they stay out of foul trouble. Also don't forget about LaMarque. 3A Region III is loaded so it will take some great play and luck of the draw on match ups for EC or Kountze to advance to SA.

2A Region III is loaded!! Currently 8 of the top 13 TABC state ranked teams are in Region III. #2 Tenaha, #6 Pineywoods, #7 Shelbyville, #9 San Augustine, #10 Cushing, #11 Grapeland, #12 Big Sandy Dallardsville, #13 Neches. Add #18 Broaddus, Woden and La Poyner, you have a murderous region to get through.

IMO, Silsbee has one team to beat. So I believe that gives them the most favorable shot.

Agree with everything you said 100%.

I'm thinking PAM and Silsbee has the best shot. 

2A  is redicliciously loaded. So many ways it could go. 

3A will be tough also. Westwood has 6A size and a guard that can go. Central Heights is Central Heights. EC has a shot. Whoever comes out of this region will have to play really well and have some things go their way. 

4A I think will be Silsbee or Yates. But there is always some team out there that is overlooked. Madisonville is best 4A that I have "seen" this year other than Center. Loaded with shooters and size. Athens is 18-2. Has anyone seen them play this year?  But don't think they are Silsbee or Yates good. 

5A  PAM has a good chance. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

1 hour ago, About a week ago said:

Agree with everything you said 100%.

Me too.  Good thread btw to the OP. 

I have seen all the above teams this year except Memorial but without seeing the clubs in the other areas of the region its tough to make an educated guess. From what I've seen Silsbee would have to have the best odds.The 2A road will be a coin flip every night once the playoffs start. Looking at the other clubs and going back over the years when they had state qualifying clubs it's going to be tough .I wish them all the best but its going to be tough.

17 hours ago, no-look said:

I'm thinking PAM and Silsbee has the best shot. 

2A  is redicliciously loaded. So many ways it could go. 

3A will be tough also. Westwood has 6A size and a guard that can go. Central Heights is Central Heights. EC has a shot. Whoever comes out of this region will have to play really well and have some things go their way. 

4A I think will be Silsbee or Yates. But there is always some team out there that is overlooked. Madisonville is best 4A that I have "seen" this year other than Center. Loaded with shooters and size. Athens is 18-2. Has anyone seen them play this year?  But don't think they are Silsbee or Yates good. 

5A  PAM has a good chance. 

Having seen Westwood live in the Grand Saline tournament, I have to say a team with good guards and a good press will beat Westwood.  They do have some size but I was really not impressed with how they played.

36 minutes ago, HarmonyEagles said:

Having seen Westwood live in the Grand Saline tournament, I have to say a team with good guards and a good press will beat Westwood.  They do have some size but I was really not impressed with how they played.

From what I’ve heard, that was my thinking on Westwood. 

37 minutes ago, no-look said:

4 regional tourney teams could consist of Athens, Madisonville, Silsbee and Yates. 

I think it will be Athens or Waco Connally and Silsbee in the bottom half regional semifinal.

Yates will occupy one spot in upper half regional semifinal. The other spot IMO will be either Navasota, Mexia, Madisonville or Liberty Hill.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I think it will be Athens or Waco Connally and Silsbee in the bottom half regional semifinal.

Yates will occupy one spot in upper half regional semifinal. The other spot IMO will be either Navasota, Mexia, Madisonville or Liberty Hill.

Madisonville has beaten Navasota by 14 this year. But I forgot about Mexia. They are always in the mix. 

D. Big Sandy always has a very good team, but this year they're not a great team as they sometimes are.  To many good teams in Reg III.  They'll should get 3 games deep, but I don't see them in SC.

Silsbee, based on what they've done so far, I'd put them in.  EC, very impressive win over Kountze, so maybe.  If polls mean anything (and info I got from an ex-poster) PAM has a realistic shot.  Be great if all four made it, but even two would be nice.  Good luck to all.

For Silsbee: get through district with no hiccups.  Region III won't be easy.  Got to respect the teams and the process. Yates is Yates, as always.  As for Center if they take that # 1 ranking into the region II playoffs and still get to SA, then I will definitely start paying attention to them.  

Brazosport has the best shot at making it to state in 4A, maybe in any division.  They are all alone at No. 5 and the next team in their region is something like 16th.  They will be in San Antonio waiting for a rematch with Silsbee.  Whether Silsbee can oblige them is another story.  I hope so.

14 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Brazosport has the best shot at making it to state in 4A, maybe in any division.  They are all alone at No. 5 and the next team in their region is something like 16th.  They will be in San Antonio waiting for a rematch with Silsbee.  Whether Silsbee can oblige them is another story.  I hope so.

Brazosport wants no part of Silsbee. They have already ran from them earlier this season. Was suppose to play Silsbee in Hoopsgiving on Nov. 23. Backed out. Used the excuse of being in football playoffs. Silsbee was still in football playoffs at that time as well.

On 1/18/2018 at 1:56 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Brazosport wants no part of Silsbee. They have already ran from them earlier this season. Was suppose to play Silsbee in Hoopsgiving on Nov. 23. Backed out. Used the excuse of being in football playoffs. Silsbee was still in football playoffs at that time as well.

Yea, that was weird.  I was looking forward to that game.  Bad decision.  Just suit up and play and let the chips fall.  

But they've got the easiest road to San Antonio.