Silsbee 87 Hardin-Jefferson 62/FINAL

First time to post in a while.  Let’s be honest about a few things.  Nobody including the majority of HJ fans expected this game to be close.  In my mind I was expected a 15-20 point game.  And the Silsbee fan picks of single digits it just flat out absurd.  Silsbee IMO is more athletic than I’ve ever seen them and are more physical.  McCain looks like a man child out there.  The size on the perimeter with the exception of Bush hurt the HJ guards.   HJ goes as the three ball goes.  The quarters they hit a few threes were the quarters that were close in score.  Fortunately for the Hawks Persohn and Bruce had great nights or the score could of been worse.  I was thoroughly impressed with the mid range game that Barnes has.  Silsbee rebounded very well for being as small as some fans claim they are.  And for the fans that claim that Silsbee is in a slump they might consider the competition they’ve played.  Silsbee is as good as advertised, and I think could be better than last year if they had some leadership out of any players.  Bush is as close to leader as they have IMO.  Silsbee and HJ will both be fine and do what they are expected to do in the playoffs.  

Only thing disappointing to me is that the gym doesn’t fill up anymore for this game, and that a few fans on both sides get out of hand.  Overall still a great game and fun atmosphere.  

And yes, the Hecklers are making their way back.  They have some young leadership but have high expectations.  

48 minutes ago, Lazeek said:

First time to post in a while.  Let’s be honest about a few things.  Nobody including the majority of HJ fans expected this game to be close.  In my mind I was expected a 15-20 point game.  And the Silsbee fan picks of single digits it just flat out absurd.  Silsbee IMO is more athletic than I’ve ever seen them and are more physical.  McCain looks like a man child out there.  The size on the perimeter with the exception of Bush hurt the HJ guards.   HJ goes as the three ball goes.  The quarters they hit a few threes were the quarters that were close in score.  Fortunately for the Hawks Persohn and Bruce had great nights or the score could of been worse.  I was thoroughly impressed with the mid range game that Barnes has.  Silsbee rebounded very well for being as small as some fans claim they are.  And for the fans that claim that Silsbee is in a slump they might consider the competition they’ve played.  Silsbee is as good as advertised, and I think could be better than last year if they had some leadership out of any players.  Bush is as close to leader as they have IMO.  Silsbee and HJ will both be fine and do what they are expected to do in the playoffs.  

Only thing disappointing to me is that the gym doesn’t fill up anymore for this game, and that a few fans on both sides get out of hand.  Overall still a great game and fun atmosphere.  

And yes, the Hecklers are making their way back.  They have some young leadership but have high expectations.  

It is disappointing that the games don’t have quite the same atmosphere. I am sure if the results were still a little more balanced and we were still in the same district it might be a little more packed.  

As far as what was being said about the Tigers, I think some are fast to jump but others have noticed that we haven’t been playing up to our capabilities.  Not necessarily based on results. 

I haven’t seen any games the last month or so until last night, but that first half was the best defense I have seen us play all year.  Yes the matchup was definitely better for us than some other games.

i think the Tigers fans needed that statement maybe even more than the players did.

5 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I haven't got to see a lot of Tiger play this year.

Part of me can't help but wonder if Tuesday's game wasn't them just playing lesser competition, no offense to HJ.

I'm certainly hoping it's a sign of them getting their act together.

Hj is “lesser competition” in as far as the majority of the Tigers schedule so far but they are still a good 4A squad.  However, I saw a different Tiger team in some ways than I have seen in a while.  The defense was the best I have seen all year and I am not talking about what would have been affected by our height advantage over their guards, I am talking about the preventing penetration, switching off or covering of the open man when trapping and not giving up open shots.  I saw fewer unforced mistakes than I have seen in some prior games.  To say it in short we just looked sharper than I have seen us so far.  Sure some of that may have been the “lesser competition” but lots of it was just pure Tiger basketball.  

6 hours ago, ST413 said:

It is disappointing that the games don’t have quite the same atmosphere. I am sure if the results were still a little more balanced and we were still in the same district it might be a little more packed.  

As far as what was being said about the Tigers, I think some are fast to jump but others have noticed that we haven’t been playing up to our capabilities.  Not necessarily based on results. 

I haven’t seen any games the last month or so until last night, but that first half was the best defense I have seen us play all year.  Yes the matchup was definitely better for us than some other games.

i think the Tigers fans needed that statement maybe even more than the players did.

Silsbee has a special generation of players right now, and HJ just doesn’t.  HJ is a solid 4a squad, but Silsbee would go very deep in the 5A playoffs if they’re playing like they’re capable.  Up until the last couple of years, even though Silsbee was clearly the better team, HJ had a couple of horses good enough to keep it close, and Silsbee wasn’t quite to this level yet. These last 3 years or so we’ve seen HJ drop from a top-10 4a caliber team to a top 20-25 team, while Silsbee has risen to arguably the level of a top-5 5A team.  The results in their matchups have reflected this.  It’s hard to be surprised when one school is down (although still a solid team), and the other has so much talent they just  won a  4A championship in arguably the deepest 4A playoffs ever.  With the amount of Houston and Dallas schools staying at lower classifications to try and win championships (while essentially having a talent pool of tens of thousands of kids to pick from), it just goes to show how incredible this group from Silsbee has really been.  

20 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

SoSilsbee has a special generation of players right now, and HJ just doesn’t.  HJ is a solid 4a squad, but Silsbee would go very deep in the 5A playoffs if they’re playing like they’re capable.  Up until the last couple of years, even though Silsbee was clearly the better team, HJ had a couple of horses good enough to keep it close, and Silsbee wasn’t quite to this level yet. These last 3 years or so we’ve seen HJ drop from a top-10 4a caliber team to a top 20-25 team, while Silsbee has risen to arguably the level of a top-5 5A team.  The results in their matchups have reflected this.  It’s hard to be surprised when one school is down (although still a solid team), and the other has so much talent they just  won a  4A championship in arguably the deepest 4A playoffs ever.  With the amount of Houston and Dallas schools staying at lower classifications to try and win championships (while essentially having a talent pool of tens of thousands of kids to pick from), it just goes to show how incredible this group from Silsbee has really been.  

Sounds like someone  is tooting their own horn ...public city schools are at disadvantage just as they have an advantage..it balances out ..smh ..name me the Houston  schools that are CURRENTLY dropping down to win championships...

Last year Silsbee beat a top 2 5A team, but that was last year.  That doesn't mean they were a top 5 5A team last year.  They are definitely not this year, not in 5A.  

I think Houston schools, talking about HISD, drop to lower classifications because attendance is down.  Everybody is moving to Cypress & Fort Bend & beyond.  Meanwhile the yuppies and some buppies are moving in and gentrifying all the old neighborhoods.  

For the record I live in Houston & I've been here longer than I care to admit. Even when I was growing up in Silsbee, Houston was a 2nd home.  

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

Last year Silsbee beat a top 2 5A team, but that was last year.  That doesn't mean they were a top 5 5A team last year.  They are definitely not this year, not in 5A.  

I think Houston schools, talking about HISD, drop to lower classifications because attendance is down.  Everybody is moving to Cypress & Fort Bend & beyond.  Meanwhile the yuppies and some buppies are moving in and gentrifying all the old neighborhoods.  

For the record I live in Houston & I've been here longer than I care to admit. Even when I was growing up in Silsbee, Houston was a 2nd home.  

Exactly!!!! And also some of those exceptional players  that are zoned to the Houston public schools attend prep / private schools. That’s why the private schools are on top. Back in the game the only private school in Houston that could compete was strake !!! Now you have charter, prep , and private schools that are all super competitive.

and yes silsbee would be competitive in 5a but top 5 no !!! Maybe top 15-25..maybe top 5-10 in Houston area but statewide Nope ...

Good luck Hawks.  I really mean it.  I hope you win your district and then we eventually meet up with you again in the playoffs.  Because if HJ wins their district and we both survive to meet again it will be in the Region III Final after the Hawks have already upset Yates.

Admittedly this is not the likeliest of all scenarios but it would be fun wouldn't it?  Just like the good old days.  

On 1/11/2018 at 11:11 PM, bayou city 713 said:

Sounds like someone  is tooting their own horn ...public city schools are at disadvantage just as they have an advantage..it balances out ..smh ..name me the Houston  schools that are CURRENTLY dropping down to win championships...

Sounds like someone doesn’t know where I’m from.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

I was in Silsbee last Sunday.  Love my hometown.  You have to be in town on a daily basis to know the local hearsay.  Here lately I visit every year or every other year.   I kinda wish I could move back, but that ain't happening.

Very curious why someone, whose hometown is Silsbee, would use the name "Kountzer"?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asher
    Newest Member
    asher
    • VivaAerobus Airlines Cancellation Policy VivaAerobus Airlines provides passengers with the flexibility to cancel their flights under certain conditions. **1- The cancellation policy varies based on factors such as fare type, ticket conditions, and timing of cancellation. **2. VivaAerobus Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy:** - Passengers can cancel their VivaAerobus Airlines flights and receive a full refund if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking, provided the reservation was made at least two days before the scheduled departure. - After the 24-hour grace period, cancellation fees may apply depending on the fare type and ticket rules. **3. VivaAerobus Airlines Main Cabin Cancellation Policy:** - Travelers holding tickets in the Main Cabin are subject to the standard cancellation policy set by VivaAerobus Airlines . - Cancellation fees may vary depending on factors such as the timing of cancellation and the fare rules associated with the ticket. **4. VivaAerobus Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy:** - Basic Economy fares typically come with more restrictive cancellation terms compared to other fare classes. - Passengers with Basic Economy tickets may face higher cancellation fees or may not be eligible for refunds, depending on the fare rules. **5. Understanding VivaAerobus Airlines Cancellation Policy:** - It’s essential for passengers to review the fare rules and terms and conditions associated with their tickets before canceling a flight. - Passengers uncertain about their travel plans may want to consider purchasing refundable tickets or travel insurance for added flexibility. **6. What Is VivaAerobus Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy?** - Passengers holding Basic Economy tickets should carefully review the specific cancellation terms and conditions outlined by VivaAerobus Airlines . - They should be aware of any applicable fees or restrictions before proceeding with flight cancellation. **7. Contact VivaAerobus Airlines for Assistance:** - Passengers needing assistance with canceling their flights or clarifying the cancellation policy can reach out to VivaAerobus Airlines ‘ customer service for personalized support and guidance. **Conclusion:** - Familiarizing yourself with VivaAerobus Airlines cancellation policy and understanding the terms associated with your fare type can help you navigate changes to your travel plans effectively. - Stay informed about any updates or revisions to the cancellation policy to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Safe travels!          
    • SkyWest Airlines Cancellation Policy SkyWest Airlines provides passengers with the flexibility to cancel their flights under certain conditions. **1- The cancellation policy varies based on factors such as fare type, ticket conditions, and timing of cancellation. **2. SkyWest Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy:** - Passengers can cancel their SkyWest Airlines flights and receive a full refund if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking, provided the reservation was made at least two days before the scheduled departure. - After the 24-hour grace period, cancellation fees may apply depending on the fare type and ticket rules. **3. SkyWest Airlines Main Cabin Cancellation Policy:** - Travelers holding tickets in the Main Cabin are subject to the standard cancellation policy set by SkyWest Airlines . - Cancellation fees may vary depending on factors such as the timing of cancellation and the fare rules associated with the ticket. **4. SkyWest Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy:** - Basic Economy fares typically come with more restrictive cancellation terms compared to other fare classes. - Passengers with Basic Economy tickets may face higher cancellation fees or may not be eligible for refunds, depending on the fare rules. **5. Understanding SkyWest Airlines Cancellation Policy:** - It’s essential for passengers to review the fare rules and terms and conditions associated with their tickets before canceling a flight. - Passengers uncertain about their travel plans may want to consider purchasing refundable tickets or travel insurance for added flexibility. **6. What Is SkyWest Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy?** - Passengers holding Basic Economy tickets should carefully review the specific cancellation terms and conditions outlined by SkyWest Airlines . - They should be aware of any applicable fees or restrictions before proceeding with flight cancellation. **7. Contact SkyWest Airlines for Assistance:** - Passengers needing assistance with canceling their flights or clarifying the cancellation policy can reach out to SkyWest Airlines ‘ customer service for personalized support and guidance. **Conclusion:** - Familiarizing yourself with SkyWest Airlines cancellation policy and understanding the terms associated with your fare type can help you navigate changes to your travel plans effectively. - Stay informed about any updates or revisions to the cancellation policy to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Safe travels!
    • Saudi Arabian Airlines Cancellation Policy Saudi Arabian Airlines provides passengers with the flexibility to cancel their flights under certain conditions. **1- The cancellation policy varies based on factors such as fare type, ticket conditions, and timing of cancellation. **2. Saudi Arabian Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy:** - Passengers can cancel their Saudi Arabian Airlines flights and receive a full refund if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking, provided the reservation was made at least two days before the scheduled departure. - After the 24-hour grace period, cancellation fees may apply depending on the fare type and ticket rules. **3. Saudi Arabian Airlines Main Cabin Cancellation Policy:** - Travelers holding tickets in the Main Cabin are subject to the standard cancellation policy set by Saudi Arabian Airlines . - Cancellation fees may vary depending on factors such as the timing of cancellation and the fare rules associated with the ticket. **4. Saudi Arabian Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy:** - Basic Economy fares typically come with more restrictive cancellation terms compared to other fare classes. - Passengers with Basic Economy tickets may face higher cancellation fees or may not be eligible for refunds, depending on the fare rules. **5. Understanding Saudi Arabian Airlines Cancellation Policy:** - It’s essential for passengers to review the fare rules and terms and conditions associated with their tickets before canceling a flight. - Passengers uncertain about their travel plans may want to consider purchasing refundable tickets or travel insurance for added flexibility. **6. What Is Saudi Arabian Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy?** - Passengers holding Basic Economy tickets should carefully review the specific cancellation terms and conditions outlined by Saudi Arabian Airlines . - They should be aware of any applicable fees or restrictions before proceeding with flight cancellation. **7. Contact Saudi Arabian Airlines for Assistance:** - Passengers needing assistance with canceling their flights or clarifying the cancellation policy can reach out to Saudi Arabian Airlines ‘ customer service for personalized support and guidance. **Conclusion:** - Familiarizing yourself with Saudi Arabian Airlines cancellation policy and understanding the terms associated with your fare type can help you navigate changes to your travel plans effectively. - Stay informed about any updates or revisions to the cancellation policy to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Safe travels!
    • Royal Jordanian Airlines Cancellation Policy Royal Jordanian Airlines provides passengers with the flexibility to cancel their flights under certain conditions. **1- The cancellation policy varies based on factors such as fare type, ticket conditions, and timing of cancellation. **2. Royal Jordanian Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy:** - Passengers can cancel their Royal Jordanian Airlines flights and receive a full refund if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking, provided the reservation was made at least two days before the scheduled departure. - After the 24-hour grace period, cancellation fees may apply depending on the fare type and ticket rules. **3. Royal Jordanian Airlines Main Cabin Cancellation Policy:** - Travelers holding tickets in the Main Cabin are subject to the standard cancellation policy set by Royal Jordanian Airlines . - Cancellation fees may vary depending on factors such as the timing of cancellation and the fare rules associated with the ticket. **4. Royal Jordanian Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy:** - Basic Economy fares typically come with more restrictive cancellation terms compared to other fare classes. - Passengers with Basic Economy tickets may face higher cancellation fees or may not be eligible for refunds, depending on the fare rules. **5. Understanding Royal Jordanian Airlines Cancellation Policy:** - It’s essential for passengers to review the fare rules and terms and conditions associated with their tickets before canceling a flight. - Passengers uncertain about their travel plans may want to consider purchasing refundable tickets or travel insurance for added flexibility. **6. What Is Royal Jordanian Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy?** - Passengers holding Basic Economy tickets should carefully review the specific cancellation terms and conditions outlined by Royal Jordanian Airlines . - They should be aware of any applicable fees or restrictions before proceeding with flight cancellation. **7. Contact Royal Jordanian Airlines for Assistance:** - Passengers needing assistance with canceling their flights or clarifying the cancellation policy can reach out to Royal Jordanian Airlines ‘ customer service for personalized support and guidance. **Conclusion:** - Familiarizing yourself with Royal Jordanian Airlines cancellation policy and understanding the terms associated with your fare type can help you navigate changes to your travel plans effectively. - Stay informed about any updates or revisions to the cancellation policy to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Safe travels!
    • Royal Air Maroc Airlines Cancellation Policy Royal Air Maroc Airlines provides passengers with the flexibility to cancel their flights under certain conditions. **1- The cancellation policy varies based on factors such as fare type, ticket conditions, and timing of cancellation. **2. Royal Air Maroc Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy:** - Passengers can cancel their Royal Air Maroc Airlines flights and receive a full refund if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking, provided the reservation was made at least two days before the scheduled departure. - After the 24-hour grace period, cancellation fees may apply depending on the fare type and ticket rules. **3. Royal Air Maroc Airlines Main Cabin Cancellation Policy:** - Travelers holding tickets in the Main Cabin are subject to the standard cancellation policy set by Royal Air Maroc Airlines . - Cancellation fees may vary depending on factors such as the timing of cancellation and the fare rules associated with the ticket. **4. Royal Air Maroc Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy:** - Basic Economy fares typically come with more restrictive cancellation terms compared to other fare classes. - Passengers with Basic Economy tickets may face higher cancellation fees or may not be eligible for refunds, depending on the fare rules. **5. Understanding Royal Air Maroc Airlines Cancellation Policy:** - It’s essential for passengers to review the fare rules and terms and conditions associated with their tickets before canceling a flight. - Passengers uncertain about their travel plans may want to consider purchasing refundable tickets or travel insurance for added flexibility. **6. What Is Royal Air Maroc Airlines Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy?** - Passengers holding Basic Economy tickets should carefully review the specific cancellation terms and conditions outlined by Royal Air Maroc Airlines . - They should be aware of any applicable fees or restrictions before proceeding with flight cancellation. **7. Contact Royal Air Maroc Airlines for Assistance:** - Passengers needing assistance with canceling their flights or clarifying the cancellation policy can reach out to Royal Air Maroc Airlines ‘ customer service for personalized support and guidance. **Conclusion:** - Familiarizing yourself with Royal Air Maroc Airlines cancellation policy and understanding the terms associated with your fare type can help you navigate changes to your travel plans effectively. - Stay informed about any updates or revisions to the cancellation policy to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Safe travels!
  • Topics